2020 MD1: v. RSL

Discussion in 'Orlando City SC' started by Macsen, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gdt-20200229.jpg

MLSsoccer.com Match Page

And the MLS season continues its creep forward on the calendar, now extending its tendrils into February by means of a leap year.

If it feels like it's been a long time since we last won a match, that's because it really has been a long time.

Our last regular season win was in the middle of August.

As an MLS side, the Lions are 1-4-0 on Opening Day. (Note for those new here: I use W-D-L formatting on records)

2019 was only marginally better than 2018 in terms of MLS. Certainly not better enough to save James O'Connor's job.

Even including our shockingly desperate performance in the Open Cup.

At least something is trending up.

A lot of people had very low expectations in the offseason. But the new training complex finally came together (in Kissimmee instead of Lake Nona),; we got a new executive with Tijuana head coach Oscar Pareja and experienced GM Luis Muzzi; some good young talent was acquired, both local and from South America; and Dom Dwyer seems to have regained his smile.

After a pretty lustrous preseason (6-0-1), where only four goals were allowed in seven matches, we can finally see if this club has what it takes to bring the success the supporters have been missing.

I myself have long since become more of a "believe-it-when-I-see-it" cynic. I'll be there on my flex pack ticket. I'll be behind the club. They have a lot to prove. We can only hope that they can finally live up to the lofty expectations imposed upon them by their pre-MLS history.

(And maybe I'll institute graphical gameday banners for these threads like I did once upon a time when I had my own blog. I'm fairly sure I still have the assets for them, and can build them from scratch if I have to.)

2. Calling BS

Calling BS Member+

Orlando City
    United States
    Jan 25, 2020
    I’ll be there in the wall behind the goal tomorrow. Singing and jumping.

3. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In case anyone is interested in a tune-up, Orlando City B is holding a tune-up match at UCF this morning. They are playing at UCF's soccer stadium in the Athletic Village between Addition Arena and Spectrum Stadium.

Admission is free. I'd recommend parking in Garage F behind Addition Arena. It's free for soccer events on a first-come, first-served basis.