PBP: 2020 Match Day #20: Union vs. Montréal Impact, October 11, 2020 p/d/p

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by cwelch999, Oct 4, 2020.

?

Predict The Outcome: Union v. Montréal Impact

Poll closed Oct 11, 2020.
  1. Win

72.7%
  2. Loss

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Tie

27.3%
  1. cwelch999

cwelch999 Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sentrido repped this.
  2. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    First match for a long time with fans!

3. OwlSaver

OwlSaver Member+

Jan 26, 2005
    Berwyn, PA (127, J)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is anyone thinking of going? My group does not feel ready to go. As much as we would like to, it is just not worth it to us. For those who do go, stay safe and have a great time.

cwelch999 and sentrido repped this.
  4. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I'm going to try to go. Just me and looking for a seat up under the canopy to get out of the expected rain. I think that with the spacing that they will require it should be okay. Not looking to purchase any refreshments both to avoid the lines but also to avoid the bathroom. I'll be on the lookout for how things go. I've not felt comfortable eating indoors and a little hesitant to eat outdoors at some of the local places that seem to think 6 feet of separation refers to the distance between tables and not patrons. If the drinking gets out of hand with some then I think they will have some issues so it'll be interesting to see how they handle those folks.

It'll be damn good be able to watch the whole field and some of the off the ball movement.

5. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 Member+

Jul 24, 2011
    Montgomery Township, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got me a seat under the canopy. Last row. That way I can avoid the potential spittle sauna created by the people in front of me.

cwelch999 repped this.
  6. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I looked all along the home side and only saw groups of 2 or 4 and it wouldn't let me buy just one of a pair so I called my rep but no answer so i paid for 2 and asked if 1 could be refunded. Rep called about a half hour later and said there were some single seats spread out but she would send a message to her boss to see what they could do. With the required parking pass and the fees that they charge for each seat and for the parking pass this is going to be an expensive game, even if I do get the second seat refunded. Will see what happens.

7. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I got seats. Agree with CH SOB that it is not cheap to go!

8. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got a single seat in 103. No worries going. Can’t wait. Will buy my beer, use the toilet if necessary, and enjoy the game!

9. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Union came thru and reportedly refunded the second seat. I'll be in 103 up under the canopy so hopefully not too much swirling wind. Will gear up and cheer my team on.

aztec21bas repped this.
  10. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Looks like this might turn out to be a classic Chester weather game. Only the dedicated few in attendance (and since there are still seats available it will be a few fewer than usual)

sentrido repped this.
  11. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 Member+

Jul 24, 2011
    Montgomery Township, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have two one way walking lanes in the concourse. The fans are all following it. The staff are just walking whichever direction they please. lol.

12. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 Member+

Jul 24, 2011
    Montgomery Township, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are literally cobwebs all over the seats. So that's gross.

13. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    So all is designed to extract hou from your money. Required parking pass with ticket. I saw at one of the few concessions open you can get "beer" (Bud, Bud light or coors) or Heineken but only if you buy a "meal"? Wonder if I have to pay to use the bathroom?

14. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Food with Beer is a PA state Covid regulation

cwelch999 repped this.
  15. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Saw that sign on the way out.

Thought they did a good job with the safety issues. Saw an usher ask a guy to put his mask back on when he wasn't eating/drinking and they had plenty of signs directing traffic even if some ignored them.

All in all it was great to be back to watching live soccer where I could see the action off the ball and get caught up in the buildup and ebb and flow. Nice win even if a little messy at times. Especially liked Santos' celebration where he appeared to make fun of himself for the awkward slide.

OwlSaver, OldRetiredCoach and Yo-Joe repped this.
  16. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 Member+

Jul 24, 2011
    Montgomery Township, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they did a great job with the safety protocols. I saw several guests get warned by security/staff for not wearing masks, walking on the wrong side of the aisle, etc. There were huge gaps between groups, so the risk of infection was minute for everyone there. The overwhelming majority followed the protocols without questioning them or incident. Which was nice to see. The only bad thing was watching a few people in every section try to get up and run out of the stadium before their section number was called to exit at the end of the game.

Also, security was upped. They had the airport style walk-through metal detectors. They took your picture upon entering the game, too. Which was sort of big brotherish, but what can you do?

17. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I ticket said I was to enter thru the Premier or Subaru gates and the line at the Premier gate was fairly long so I walked down to the other one were there were only a few people. Still using wands and no photos taken that I was aware of.

18. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 Member+

Jul 24, 2011
    Montgomery Township, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went in through the Subaru gate.

19. OwlSaver

OwlSaver Member+

Jan 26, 2005
    Berwyn, PA (127, J)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I received a survey today asking why I did not go. I assigned 80% to health and 20% to weather. I also mentioned in the comments that looking at the tickets on Saturday only showed corner seats. I really missed not being there so I may get tickets to the next home game.