2020 Colorado Buffaloes

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by unkiemark, Mar 3, 2020.

1. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  2. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    socalsoccer23 repped this.
  3. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    cool signing by the German club named Duisburg; Taylor Kornieck! Wasn’t sure what NWSL picked her up/didn’t see her in their short season Challange Cup(unless she was with the let’s-have-a-covid-party team, Orlando). One problem with German clubs is they don’t pay well. So maybe all the bratwurst & sourkraut you could eat for compensation?

5. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    She was/is with Orlando. IIRC, she was the #3 pick in the draft.

I assume part of the motivation for this signing is to jump start her professional career.

6. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  7. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  8. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  9. Katalyst

Katalyst Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    My daughter spoke with Taylor and they actually pay better than NWSL. Also, to put a muzzle on these false accusations, Taylor was not at the club with the 6 girls that went. Wont name the players that were there but 4 of them were let go possibly from the incident not real sure and the other two are off on loan.

10. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  11. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  12. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  13. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    This is a pretty harsh town-gown issue. This indicates the local govt has told UC no practices for 2 weeks. From The Chronical

9/24/2020

Boulder Bans Gatherings of 18-to-22-Year-Olds, Citing College-Student Spread

Boulder, Colo., has banned all gatherings of 18-to-22-year-olds, citing the role of University of Colorado at Boulder students in fueling the spread of Covid-19. The order, which takes effect Thursday afternoon and will last two weeks, explicitly prohibits students in that age group from gathering inside dorms. It also bars athletes on the Boulder campus from having team practices. In issuing the order, Boulder County called it “essential” that the disease’s spread by students, many of whom are asymptomatic or have only mild symptoms, be slowed. According to the university’s coronavirus dashboard, there have been 933 positive Covid-19 tests on campus in the last month. —Andy Thomason

14. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  15. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    might enjoy watching both Bacom & Kornieck in action from a few of days ago. German woso can be tedius to watch, just surprised that Taylor hasn't been as dominating as I thought she was going to be/but then, Duisburg been an near relegation squad for several years now & Germans tend to be more about short, one touch passing instead of long, individual runs

17. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  18. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  19. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  20. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    On paper, this looks to be another very good class. Last season's recruiting class was ranked in the top 10. Not sure where this one will be ranked as it is small and includes two foreign players, but all four signees have some youth national team experience. The two Americans are both 4* recruits. But the most intriguing is Ellen Jones from the UK. She is on Bristol City's first team which is in the WSL (Women's Super League) the top flight of English soccer for women. Birston CIty are horrible, generally losing their matches by multiple goals. But she's in somewhat of a professional setting and in the few times she gets on the pitch she is going to be competing with and against professionals. The top tier teams in the league are loaded with talent. I am assuming she hasn't signed a professional contract so she's eligible to play in the NCAA. I assume she'll be able to arrive in Boulder in June as the WSL season will be over by then.

21. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  22. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    blissett repped this.
  23. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  24. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  25. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

1.FC Koeln (Cologne, Germany)
    United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When does the season start, and do we have a schedule yet? I don't know what the spectator situation will be, but I would like to see them play one weekend.