2020/24 Takumi Minamino @ Liverpool F.C. (ENG)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Samurai Warrior, Dec 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    He scored 7 goals in arround 10-11 games when you combined the playing time. Thats not poor , thats good especially for super sub.

Roy Keane has no clue, many of English football experts are so selfish cause every player has to be a salah or Mane or otherwise he is bad. They often has a totaly different look and critics then for example in Germany.

When you don't play exordinary spectacular, you are bad. Minamino is not good as mane or Salah but beneath that, he is a totaly different player type.

And not all in England can see or rate. Minamino gets much much praise from english media which is more pragmatic. But gets critics from other sources cause he is not spectacular and ripping defense apart, which is not his style.

Imagine Minamino would be a starter, he would scored 12-20 goals at till now with his actually goal scoring rate.

Don't get me wrong, I think it will be hard till impossible for Minamino to be a starter cause Salah and Mane are too strong and thats no shame but Minamino really does what he can this season, and he do good till now.

You cant say he played a poor season. He do fine, nothing more, nothing left. You cant say he gets good praise cause he is lovely. He gets praise cause he do fine.

Nice fact by the way...Takumi is one of the most clinical players in the whole Premiere League this season when you get after goals per chances. He scored almost every chance he gets.

English Media was quite impressed by this fact.

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree with some of it. But he need to get some cred to stay and show some balls at least try fighing for it.

He as 19 games this season. Not 10. But outside the cups he has minimal playing time yes. Thats true. And 7 goals is good when you take that in consideration.

3. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    #253 NaohiroTakahara, Feb 7, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
    I mean he has 10 games combined the playing time, cause he played 720 minutes round about and thats 10 games when you count the minutes, which makes it more impressive when you that he nearly score or assist every 90 minutes.

By the way, Minamino is 4th when it comes to totaly goals at Liverpool for now after Salah, Mane and Jota. Firmino has 7 goals too but need more games for it and played way longer.

So Minamino is above Firmino when it comes to be effective this season. And for example, Mane has 10 goals in 28 games, most of them over 90th minutes.

Dont want to say Takumi is better, only want to show a fact of his positives.

YakYak and seolseol repped this.
  4. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes no one can question his effectiveness.

YakYak repped this.
  5. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He’s obviously a real nice guy but he’s never really impressed for Liverpool in many people’s eyes .

Liverpool Echo
    ( yesterday)

Liverpool analysis - Takumi Minamino misses opportunity

Takumi MInamino scored but his overall contribution was lacking as Liverpool options increase after the 3-1 victory over Cardiff

6. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Now what's the problem about this Diaz and Eliott dudes?

The first a bet from portuguese league, sub in Colombia NT, who scored 2 (wow 2! In 7 match) in the last copa America and a 18yo kid?

You just rate Minamino so bad to think that a footballer with years of experience in EPL and better knowledge of the team chemistry and Klopp's tactics will have 0 chance against those two.

Salah and Mane back changes nothing: they are the starters, Minamino is the sub as always be.

7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Time will tell ...

Samurai Warrior and teioh repped this.
  8. dlsn3y

dlsn3y Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Diaz has been immense in the league and champions league. There's no way a 40 mill signing will be behind Minamino whilst Elliot gets a immediate leap as he is english and a young talent and to be fair does actually have a lot of potential. Can play a few positions as well like Minamino which doesnt help him either. That is the problem lol. Throw in Jota etc he is limited to opportunities

Drew1404 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  9. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    That sums it up perfectly

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  10. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Yes there's no way he will be behind Minamino cuz the payment was to high and in Liverpool they choose the player depending on the pounds they spent for the player. That's exactly how Klopp won the title after thousand years: simply he choose to play the players who cost the most. Easy.
    The Elliot kid is a young talent and has a lot of potential aka we don't know if he is any good but since he's english we give him credits.
    Remember me, who was the last english talent who turned into a Top Player? Let's see... Wayne "Wonderkid" Rooney, actually a 40yo retired dude, and then? Vardy? Lol. Kane? Rotfl.

Anyway if the most important things about thsse two are: their cost and their nationally ther are plenty chance for Minamino to start in front of them.

11. dlsn3y

dlsn3y Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    I dont think you understand he barely got any chances before those 2 were even there. Which means he will be limited to more opportunities..... whether its right or wrong.

12. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    I think teioh means more that Takumi this season gets decent playing time (which is true), he almost plays every game in the league as a sub lately and for almost 15-30 minutes or at least in a decent number of games. And plays normaly as a starter in every cup game over 90 minutes.

By the way Liverpool denied a transfer to Monaco and Leeds not only of Minamino himself. Klopp told media he wont let him go, cause he need him.

And you can say its kind of true. Without Takumi Liverpool would be out of the Cabanero Cup.

When Takumi Minamino can safe this status and this amount of playing time, i can understand why he stay and fight. Thats totaly fine for me and playing time is enough to be in the JNT or in any other national team.

And if Diaz or Elliot will change that can be possible but time will tell. Its not safe and at least a little up to Minamino himself.

13. dlsn3y

dlsn3y Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    I agree and I to believe he has actually had a good season given his playing time. But your also forgetting Mane and Salah are coming back from AFCON now and when they were there he was getting absolutely no premier league mins other then a game or 2 other then cup games. He will play the remaining cup games but will virtually see no gametime in the league I reckon with now Elliot, Salah, Mane, Diaz all coming back. You throw in Jota and Firmino all guys infront of him unfortunately in terms of what the manager thinks though I still think he is ahead of Origi in Klopps eyes and rightly so. I just cant see him getting any opportunities in the league but time will tell

14. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Tonight Diaz and Elliott start before him.
    Let's see what this magical duo can do.
    Minamino has 7 goals in 10 match. They need to beat this to show they are better (meaning useful) than him.

Note: As now Elliot has a record of 7 goals (as Minamino this season till now) but in 42 match at Blackburn. Not so encouraging for him.

15. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ? Elliott is on the bench

seolseol repped this.
  16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    As I predicted.. 3rd sub tonight getting just 87 seconds and that’s with Mane not even in the squad !

17. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    But he gets subbed in, in the last minutes, which shows his good standing.

18. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ever so positive hehe.
    Garbage minutes we call it. But still

19. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Normaly I would agree with "garbage" minutes but in Liverpool it looks like Klopp handle stuff otherwise.

There are some players in the squad wo didnt get any time and it seems like normaly Klopp dont change and rotate that much in Liverpool. Offen the good fermorning stars are beginning and even in less important or comfortable leading games Klopp dont change much. Sometimes he didnt even use all subs.

Cup is different of course.

So after that is a sign Klopp still count on Minamino when he subbed him in even in 90 Minute.

20. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Diaz was average, didnt score, didnt assist.
    Elliot was a sub and when subbed in he did nothing.
    If this is their best, Minamino will start before them soon.

21. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    #271 TitoTata, Feb 12, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
    Behave ... doesn’t sound like a bench warmer to me ..

Jurgen Klopp believes Luis Diaz ‘already looks like a Liverpool player’ after an impressive Premier League debut against Leicester City.

The 2020 Premier League champions weren’t planning on dipping into the January transfer window but, when long-term target Diaz became available, Liverpool swiped the Porto winger from under Tottenham’s noses.

Diaz completed eight dribbles during his 89 minutes on the pitch, the most of any Liverpool player on the night.

– The Colombia international took four shots during his Premier League debut, two of which were on target. Although he didn’t score, it was the joint-most registered by a Liverpool player.

Diaz enjoyed a pass accuracy rate of 91%, which is extremely high for a forward that isn’t afraid of taking on defenders with his direct running and footwork trickery.

– Leicester may not have the strongest defence in the Premier League right now but it was still impressive that Diaz emerged victorious from eight duels against his opponents.

22. dlsn3y

dlsn3y Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    delusional if you think that'll be the case

Samurai Warrior and YakYak repped this.
  23. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Just wait and see.
    Till now its 0 goal and 0 assist.
    Next 2 match are easy, he need to score.

24. dlsn3y

dlsn3y Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    I don't mean to be negative again but you know he is in trouble when he isn't even getting on the bench for there last game against Burnley.

25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Five subs tonight but this guy didn’t even get asked to warm up !!