2020-21 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    The actual decrease is around 13M counting coaching change, less if we pay N’zonzi and Olsen. The annual amortisation cost has increased by more than that.

The budget will be disastrous for a long time without sales, Dan will have to keep pumping 150M per year for a while.

shiboboo repped this.
  2. Nabolidaboli

Nabolidaboli Member

Sep 7, 2018
    is that even if Roma is able to sell as much dead weight as possible to end this window and over the winter? I’m wondering if it is even possible for Roma to hold onto Zaniolo, Spinazolla, etc ?

3. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    They aren’t selling anyone, they are releasing them for free in best case scenario, most of them want severance pay to accept a transfer. Maybe they get a couple of millions for Olsen but that is about it.

Obviously I’m talking about the players out of the team. Guys like Villar/Diawara/Perez can potentially fetch some money, but not enough to fundamentally change anything.

As long as Dan is willing to burn his money then we can keep everyone, unless a new set of financial regulations gets implemented by Uefa. I don’t know the details of those rules so I can’t speculate.

wm72, shiboboo and Nabolidaboli repped this.
  4. Ameijoas

Ameijoas Red Card

Angola
    Jul 13, 2021
    Do you change the second part of your name based on where Dzeko is playing by any chance?

5. HeadBurn3r

HeadBurn3r Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Novi Pazar
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
  6. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    shiboboo repped this.
  7. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
  8. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Villar can still be molded so unless a very good offer comes he can play a part. There can be no question he has shown far beyond what most young players are expected to. Did he make mistakes? Sure hes learning on the job and got played more than he should due to squad issues. This year a lesser role, learning to be more direct and faster moving of the ball instead of carrying so often. He can be coached and made a better allroubd mid. If he was 28 then that's a different story but hes what 22, 23. Def not one to give up on.

9. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    BtownKj, wm72, decola and 2 others repped this.
  10. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I really just think it comes down to Mou’s 2 man pivot consisting of one box to box (Veretout) and one to shield the defense, which Villar can’t really offer.

11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It comes down to can he be coached. Take a look at his overall characteristics and tell me why he couldn't for example fill in the roll of box to box with being coached day in day out. He is a good ball player, he is fast enough and has a decent work ethic in the centre of the pitch. At 23, he has played one way but given his young age and talent there is much potential here.

Of course if the offer comes, its easier to take it and look for a ready made player for the style. Im talking about if a suitable offer doesnt come in, thats ok. Work with the lad and he will still be very useful over the season.

12. HeadBurn3r

HeadBurn3r Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Novi Pazar
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia

A good box-to-box player. Not what we need, though.

13. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  14. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain

I had a feeling this will happen, I can’t blame him.

Kind of funny but it seems like the only one that will remain from the Spanish armada in Roma is the one who played the least so far, Carles Perez.

shiboboo repped this.
  15. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    Jose wanted 3 strikers though. He should stay and stat pad in the conference league.

16. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Willian was released from his contract and is available as a free agent. I give it a day before he becomes heavily linked with us, and 6 months when we are trying to offload him to China.

17. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    1430818422791811074 is not a valid tweet id

Andreas repped this.
  18. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    He wants out of Cagliari. He’s not really a dmid tho.

19. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    This guy is DM:

He was available the same summer we bought Nzonzi for more money.

20. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I've never been that impressed when watching Witsel.

21. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He was incredible when he first came through at Standard. There were rumours to Roma then but he went to Benfica. Russia after that though. Strange career choice.

22. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Less than 1 week before the transfer window closes and we're still stuck with Olsen, Santon, Fazio, N'Zonzi and Pastore.

Fck off! Fags.

23. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    Pastore might get terminated, I think Olsen and Nzonzi will get moved.

24. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
  25. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    At Dortmund he’s been outstanding, especially in his first 2 seasons he was world class. Haven’t seen him play last year.

7M net is crazy but he will surely upgrade our midfield and shore up the defence. He is the closest thing to DDR in his thirties.

He is coming back from the same injury that Spina suffered in the Euros which might slow him down.

La Magica repped this.