2020/21 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Jul 6, 2020.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Today's rumours (Aug. 12th):

All 3 news outlets are saying we are close to signing Pedro Gonçalves, 22 year old creative midfielder from Famalicao, supposedly with a 7 million offer + Gelson Dala for 50% of his rights, and are negotiating Nuno Santos for a rumoured 3 million offer + Geraldes.

Also rumours that Varandas is trying to bring back Slimani from Leicester, an old rumour that always seems to come up every transfer window.

natenate101 repped this.
  2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for the rumor updates. Keep em coming.

3. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Pedro Gonçalves and Nuno Santos would be good moves for Sporting. Promising young gems.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Definitely they're probably 2 of the best players outside the big 3 and Braga. Pedro aka "Pote" I think will be a really good player, a box-to-box with an eye for goal (Bruno Fernandes style, not comparing the quality but the type of player), although I think 7 million for 50% is kind of ridiculous. He is a Jorge Mendes player though...

Pedro Porro is in Lisbon ahead of a move to us from Manchester City. The RB is coming from City as part of the protocol we signed with them, on a 2 year loan and a rumoured option to buy for 8.5 million euros. He was on loan last year to Valladolid but in 2018/19 he shined in La Liga. Hopefully he shines for us, we haven't had a quality RB in years.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Joelson's agent says there has been no talk whatsoever with Arsenal and it's all been rumours. If so, why is he so hesitant to sign an extension?

nelly29 repped this.
  6. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Recent rumors are sounding more promising. Pote would bring some nice creativity and Porro would work really well in Amorims system I think. Both really young players still too.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yes and Nuno Santos as well, but only makes sense if Acuna in fact leaves, also if he comes I don't see why Antunes is coming, unless we're selling Nuno Mendes (all play on the left).

8. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It sounds like our goal this year is 3rd place. Season hasn't even started and we can't even talk about competing for championship. Setting our sights on 3rd place. So sad to where this club is.

9. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Rebuilding after your entire squad leaves takes a few years. Personally I'd be happy with third this year.

10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We literally had our entire team attacked by a supporters club less than 2 years ago. It could be worse.

But yea, when you don't win shit or progress in Champions League for years, you don't make money. When you don't make money, you can't get top tier players

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Anyone ever watch a youtuber named GonzaaL? His videos are funny but also incisive and reveal a lot of what is Sporting and portuguese football/media, for example:

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    There's reports that Pedro Gonçalves to Sporting is a done deal for 6.5 million for 50% of his rights (no players included in the deal).

Will wait for the official announcement but the player essentially is being valued at 13 million total. But I have no doubt he'd be a starter in this team alongside Wendel, Famalicao was the sensation this year and he was their best player by far. I'm pretty sure they're happy with the deal, he's only 22 and could be worth a lot in the future.

natenate101 repped this.
  13. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Pretty cool signing. Price seems high but I'm excited to see him play.

14. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    To be honest I’d be happy with 3rd next season. We need a big rebuild and we are nowhere near competing with a Benfica side who have JJ back and signing players like Vertonghen and Cavani

15. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    3rd would be good for Sporting next season, you are rebuilding with young gems.

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Forget the title. Not with varandas. BdC was closing the gap until he went psycho. But with each transfer window our squad has gotten worse, not better with Varandas. Every year is a rebuild year because we have no structure at this club

17. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    lol Schmeichel's little chirp at Varandas today was awesome

SCP_16 repped this.
  18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He was part of Benedito's list makes sense lol.

Out of all the candidates I liked Benedito's the best, but not by much. Again, we need some one with experience and influence at the top.

19. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah, I liked him better too, and he'll probably win the next election, but I don't think he is the answer either.

20. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Finishing 3rd would be a blessing for us next year. Let's hope we can acquire some more talent to boost this squad. I like the Pedro Gonçalves signing. He was great this past season.

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I like the player. But as a comparison we bought Bruno Fernandes at a similar age and pedigree for 8.5 mill for 80%. We're paying 6.5 mill for 50%.

22. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    we've been rebuilding for forever it seems. Varandas is steering this ship off a cliff. He clearly doesn't know what he's doing nor has the right people around him that know what they're doing. The longer he stays, the worse this club becomes.

fdasilva repped this.
  23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Transfer rumours (Aug. 14)

From Jornal Record:
    • Record says we have a deal with Rio Ave for the transfer of Nuno Santos, but waiting on Gelson Dala to accept as he is included in the deal
    • Antunes and Porro are supposedly to be announced today
    • Adan will be joining us next week after a short holiday
    • Feddal to join by the time we start training
    • Pedro Goncalves will join any minute now
    • Battaglia to be loaned out to Alaves
    From Jornal A Bola:
    • The board's plan is to cover the cost of Gonçalves with the sale of Palhinha
    • Also saying that Battaglia will be loaned to Alaves and that we have a deal in place for Wanderson (Krasnodar)
    From Jornal O Jogo:
    • Pedro Goncalves hasn't been announced yet because Famalicao want guarantees that they will be paid the 6.5 mill (probably the only club in the world that is having this problem because we haven't paid yet a penny for Amorim, embarassing)
    • They also say that Porto raised their offer for Nuno Santos to 5 million euros to hijack our negotiations
    There's also an interesting rumour going around that FC Porto might be interested in trading Ze Luis (striker) for Palhinha if they sell Danilo. I've longed for the days that we traded players with Porto, ahh the memories...

24. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What do you expect though? Rebuild in a single year after the fans invade and all the players leave? Does that honestly seem realistic to you?

25. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Loaning batta seems kinda stupid