2020/21 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Jul 6, 2020.

1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Did I say remove Amorim?

No, I said remove the dude who's been selling players, making money, and not investing in the squad during a moment in our history where we are closest to winning the title in 20 years and are a goal-scorer away from making that a reality. You know, the same dude who made hundred of millions in sales, but was the only club of the Big 3 that laid off a sizeable portion of his staff and cut all investments to our modalities. That's the guy I'm talking about.

2. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Oh so the guy that risked a lot to hire Amorim? Don't start pretending like you were all for the hire.

3. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nothing of what I said was controversial.

4. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not Controversial, just inaccurate.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    OMG it's actually happening. Tiago Ilori found a club. Apparently he is set to join Lorient in France on loan for the rest of the season.

Otherwise, pretty quiet transfer window with really two players that have been rumoured all month: Paulinho from Braga (still think it won't happen, are there seriously no other strikers in the world?) and Matheus Reis who apparently was supposed to be 'guaranteed' for like 2 months now and hasn't joined yet.

6. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #556 SCP21, Jan 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    You’re right, this is the worst chance we’ve had to win the league in 20 years.

I cant wait until the day that we actually win and you’ll still be complaining about how bdc would’ve done it better

7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pretending like I was for the hire? No, I criticized the hire, like everyone else did, because at the time, we were massively overpaying for a dude who coached for like 3 months.

But way to completely ignore the rest of my points illustrating that aside from the Amorim hire, Varandas has been dismantling this club (lay-offs, defunding modalities, refusing to pay Braga for the Amorim hire, other rumors about other clubs not getting paid for players we bought). You can't ignore all of those negative aspects while myopically focusing on the fact that he hired Amorim.

If SCP wins the league, perhaps my mind changes slightly. But like I said, day 29, no striker. I would be shocked if we win the league with Sporar and TT as our sole strikers. I'd have to think there should be a plan B.

heavy1981 repped this.
  8. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Just know you're sh!t before you make your statements. BDC is a fart in the wind. He's the past, get over it. I swear you anti-BDC people bring up his name more than the ones who liked him. You guys all believe the ones that don't like FV are all BDC lovers, which is completely false.

With regards to your comment, how can you say "SCP should move to have the guy that gave Sporting the best chance to win the league in 20+ years removed?" and think that's accurate?

We haven't even finished the first round. 2006-07 SCP finished in 2nd place 1 point behind Porto on the last day of play. 2015-16 SCP finished 2nd 2 points behind Benfica and was first up until the 25th match where we lost to Benfica dropping us to 2nd place.

So no, this president hasn't given us the best chance to win in last 20 yeas like you said. Not yet anyway.

SCP_16 repped this.
  9. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    agreed 100%. I too did not like the Amorim hire. He's grown on me and I like what he's done. Don't like the fact that we spent that kind of money on him.

The only thing that will help fans forget about FV's BS moves is a title. If SCP doesn't win a title, FV will be held accountable for everything you mentioned.

10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    SCP21: "Don't start pretending like you were all for the hire."

Also SCP21: SCP21.JPG

Either way, spending $13 million, plus future percentages of 2 extra players for a 29 year old who has has 3 goals in the league this season is a recipe for disaster. If that signing doesn't work out, Varandas has got to be in hot water.

11. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i wasn't. I was totally against it. Never hid that. Still don't like the fact that we paid that amount of money.

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Whats his buy out clause? 20 mill? Maybe he wins a title and then Man United come and buy out Amorim's contract and we all praise Varandas vision :D

13. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lmao you guys are hilarious! I never said I was for the Amorim signing, but great time spent digging that up hahahaha.

anyways, fire varandas obvs. When the next guy comes in, fire him too. ******** em. If we’re not going thru a president at least once every two years we’re doing something wrong.

you numpties need to realize Rome wasn’t built in a day. Give someone a chance to build something. I don’t know why this is so hard for you all to understand but Sporting was left in financial ruin. “Yaaa but daddy benfica has more debt waaahhhh” debt doesn’t ********in mean anything. Varandas is doing a solid job every way you look at it. Layoffs, defunding, etc are all smart things to do lmao, how is this even a discussion. This is a business, not a charity. Refinancing, restructuring, and getting rid of the excess fat is a smart thing to do. People refusing to do this in the past is literally why Portugal was hit so hard financially. This is a ********ing hilarious argument.

The unrealistic expectations you have put on this guy is insane. Sporting should be closer to relegation than they are to winning the title. I don’t expect to win the title this year and I still think he’s more than earned the right to stay on. Being fired for not winning the title is ********ing stupid. Look how much benfica and Porto invested. The league should not be this close.

“But he’s not good at public speaking so obvs he’s terrible” why the ******** is this a requirement now lmao. You never hear anyone asking to hear more from Ed Woodward or some shit. I don’t give a ******** what Varandas has to say, Amorim is the spokesperson for the soccer team, let’s hear from him.

14. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    lmao another hilarious post! You’re really gonna have to explain this one to me. Is it not January where you are??? Why the ******** are you comparing to the end of year. How in the world does that make sense?? Compare apples to apples son.

how is finishing in 2nd in 06/07, literally not once the entire season in 1st, better than currently being four points up? Week 15 back then they were in 2nd.

15/16 we were at 30 points in week 15, now we’re at 39.

So yes, this is the best chance we had in to win the league in 20 years.

bro literally every single one of your posts is predicting gloom and doom. Not once has there ever been something positive. If you’re gonna do that, at least be correct. Don’t bring this nonsensical end of season numbers when we’re at match day 15. Cmon son. You’re fishing for excuses to be upset for whatever reason

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Looks like Ristovski on his way to Dinamo Zagreb for 1M euros + 300K bonus and we keep 10%.

Also Ilori already sighted in France watching his new team Lorient beat PSG 3-2

16. Scp4eva

Scp4eva New Member

Sporting
    Portugal
    Nov 29, 2020
    What's the latest on Paulinho?
    Reading a lot of conflicting reports...

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Im seeing rumours that Borja is joining Braga. If true that could be an indication about Paulinho coming. Personally I think it won't happen.

18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think it'll happen.

19. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    All 3 papers reporting that the Paulinho deal is done with all 3 papers reporting that Sporar is part of the deal. One of reporting that Borja is also part of the deal, and Record reporting that Plata is involved. If Plata is involved that would be one of the worst transactions in recent memory.

20. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How in the world does it make sense to compare our current state as the best opportunity in last 20 years? explain that one. Who cares about points at the moment, it's where we stand vs our rivals. 39 points now is great, but if we shit the bed rest of the way what does that mean? 15/16 we tied the single season best point record of 86 points and ironically that same year Benfica set the new record with 88 pts.

So unless, you have some future super power of predicting the future, i'm a bit perplexed as to how this is the best chance to win in last 20 years when we still haven't played half a season.

It's not predicting gloom and doom, it's being a realist. how many times in last 20 years have we looked good till Christmas and then went nowhere but down? (for the record, now is like previous Christmases due to late start of season).

Nothing wrong with being cautiously optimistic, but to make a statement that we have the best president to give us an opportunity in last 20 years is just laughable especially when latest polls show his popularity has dropped to under 50% amongst fans. This pandemic was best thing that happened to him.

21. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I hope Sporar isn't part of the deal. If something happens to Paulinho, we'd have no striker.

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Tiago Tomas has been doing a job although still young.

Record is saying its Borja permanently and Sporar on loan until the end of the season. I can understand that as long as he has a clause to not play against us. Maybe he can find some form for the rest of the season and increase his transfer value.

Also it appears Joao Pereira at 36 years old is signing with us on a free transfer for the rest of the season after rescinding with his Turkish club. This one's a bit out of the blue not gonna lie. I have a feeling he's been eyed for the coaching staff after this season.

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    As for the Paulinho deal, I hear the offer is 12M + the players mentioned above. It seems like a lot but honestly strikers are expensive anyway.

Porto spent 10 mill on players like Aboubakar or Ze Luis and they didn't even turn out for them, and of course Benfica churned out 20+ mill on more than one occasion.

24. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    My concern is in the event that Paulhino suffers some drastic injury or is having an off game, or we're behind and need some extra fire power, we have less options at that position.

25. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Def a lot, especially for SCP and for a guy who's 27 and only scored 3 goals this year. Off the top of my head, I'm gonna guess this acquisition a top 5 or top 10 of most expensive purchases for SCP.
    Amorim, clearly sees something in him. Hopefully it works out and get's us one step closer to the ultimate goal.