2020/21 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Chris Mahr, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    Almost done said:
    How about Billy Lesesne at UGA?
    31-58-16 in his 6 years at Georgia with one winning season.

Ironic that the coach UGA fired had them in the NCAA tournament and has since moved on to become a 2-time Conference COY at Lamar. Some of these decisions are puzzling for sure.

2. superpoke

superpoke Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    That's not how Oklahoma's AD operates. Whatever flaws his coaches have had, he doesn't fire them before their contract is up; he's only done that twice in 23 years. And I don't think Carr's going to resign after one season.

What I do think is that Carr is planning to replace a significant portion of his squad next season. He's continued adding recruits, including two Germany youth internationals earlier this week. Oklahoma has 13 signed recruits for next fall and only had six seniors on this year's roster. Seems to be a big bet that the talent level of his recruits is high enough to offset the loss of experience OU will suffer by losing sophomores and juniors Matt Potter recruited.

If that bet fails, though, the heat will start.

3. Number007

Number007 Member+

Santos FC
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2018
    The shift towards foreign talent is alarming, but not surprising. Would you rather have kids with professional training who are excited to be here or the US alternatives. No brainer, but a concern imo

4. Socalsoccercoach

Dec 1, 2013
    Florida is down to two big name Southern California coaches that have won national championships. Seems cheaper cost of living and lower taxes is very attractive.

Fitballer repped this.
  5. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  6. FutbolFan15

FutbolFan15 Member

Orlando city
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    No children playing this sport!

7. FutbolFan15

FutbolFan15 Member

Orlando city
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    Bucknuts3 repped this.
  8. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Only two SoCal coaches have won D1 natties.

LOL
    One is at UCLA and got blindsided by the men’s coach in the recruiting scandal and got left hanging by her athletic department covering their own asses. Maybe she wants to go back to Florida for reasons other than money.

The other was sentenced April third to a fine, restitution, and a year supervised release for his role in USC’s culpability in the same scandal.
    He’ll have to get permission from his parole officer to leave the State.

9. SuperSoccer1978

Barcelona
    Nov 24, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Poor Keidane McApline @Cliveworshipper forgot about you winning a national championship!

10. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Cliveworshipper, think you forgot Keidane McAlpine. Someone else that won a natty in southern Cali.

11. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Ah yes. My bad. He might move.

12. Socalsoccercoach

Dec 1, 2013
    Lol @Cliveworshipper wrong coach! The dominos start after Florida hires a coach I imagine.

13. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    So funny when someone comes on an anonymous rumor mill (a hot seat thread) and says "I know something that you don't". but then doesn't say it. Really?

A successful CA coach might get the Florida job? That's so completely shocking.

I've got plenty of east coast bias but there's a reason the cost of living is higher in SoCal than in Gainsville, Florida - because way more people would rather live in Southern California!

Is someone keeping an accurate list of openings? Looks like we have a few.

14. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    i think Vettori is signing her 6 year contract extension next week. Exciting time to be at Towson!

Wildcatter repped this.
  15. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coach Leaving Team
    Becky Burleigh FloridaU
    Misty Jones HoustonBaptist
    Tom Saxton MichiganState
    Bryan Blitz MissouriU
    Heather Cairns UtahState

16. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    very funny. Now your picking on him. I don't think the Towson President has a 6-year contract! There is a new Towson player in the portal but not sure those kids are going to get the love they think they are in the transfer market. It's not a sellers market right now for sure.
    It is also funny about the all-freshmen CAA players. 2 of those kids are from 2019, not 2020, and some not recruited by KV. Everyone in that area knows the Canoles kid was committed elsewhere before deciding to 'stay home' last minute. And the kid they tout as an international from Bermuda went to a private HS in the MD suburbs right there! Love those SID folks.

The assistant coaches at Towson, err, I mean @Collegewhispers, will keep it together for a bit longer.

17. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    7 year contract extension at Towson for Vettori. Well deserved. One of the best coaching staffs in the nation.

18. upthemightyblues

Aug 30, 2020
  19. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Absolutely a crazy time. Athlete didn’t start two games on a row and quit. Alleging abuse for the coach pointing at her and saying she’s doing her own thing. Absurd.

20. BigBear

BigBear Member

Apr 20, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....I mean, there's just a bit more to the article than that.

21. outside63

outside63 Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Did the men's coach put a non-player on the roster and website without her knowledge? I agree that there was a lot of CYA going on.

22. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Seems the VA Tech lawsuit is going to end up in court. The athletic department are standing firm behind Chuggar after the majority of the team spoke up and said the former athlete that is suing him is not being backed by her peers.

Eric Bell from TCU has spoken with Florida about the position. I don’t know to what extent outside of a phone call, and don’t know who else is in the loop now. But it appears Bell is in the mix.

Manning had been at Utah forever. I’m sure he was ready to step down after all of this time.

23. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Maybe it was done at the direction of an administrator. No way UCLA would be protecting Amanda (as a cover up) in a federal investigation.

24. Soccerguy1022

Soccerguy1022 Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Nov 28, 2018
    UF is building a new soccer facility but I don't see the west coast coaches leaving the hot bed to rebuild UF from what it is now.

The Va Tech lawsuit is just not good for either party, the situation our country is in, either way you spin it, it just isnt good. Why would she want to be back on the same team of girls she offended? Seems like that will take awhile to play out...