PBP: 2019 NWSL Week 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Gilmoy, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    90+2' (of +3') 0-1 Short crosses low to 2m 5-right, ball pops up across goal past Murphy at right post to 3m center, Oyster clears it away. Naughton is called for pushing Steiner in the back.

90+3' (of +3') 0-1 Yellow card on Barnes, for taking too long on the free kick.

90+4' (of +3') 0-1 Vasconcelos chases down box right to 6m, two defenders kick ball off her shin, she backpasses to Short at 15m. Soft chip to 8m 6-right, Sánchez dive-heads high wide right.

FT 0-1. I think the rain stopped. It was Dog Day at the Park! The whole stadium smelled like wet dogs :laugh::inlove:

blissett repped this.
  2. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Chicago has been pathetic without Sam Kerr. Since Kerr left, 0 wins, 3 losses. Zero -- a big fat zero -- goals in all three games.

It's time to start Maria Sanchez. She might help. And Kerr will be back -- maybe even next weekend.

After a 4 year absence, Steph Cox is back for Seattle. And looking pretty good.

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    By the way, players get really back at their teams and are available as soon as their NTs exit the World Cup? or are they supposed to come back when the World Cup has finished only?

If they can get back right away, the paradox is that the players whose NTs did worse give an advantage to their clubs by coming back sooner than others. :p

So, if for instance (God forbid! :laugh:) USA would lose to Spain this evening, we would have all of the USWNT players back to NWSL by the next week-end? :sneaky:

I know that she had all of the rights to enjoy her family, but one wonders if it was a case of retiring so soon in the first place! I am very happy for her: she was one of my favourite players back then when Seattle had their impressive record-breaking season. :)

Smallchief repped this.
  4. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't know what the rules are -- if any -- for players returning to their teams after the World Cup.

blissett repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I guess this says it all! :p