2019 CAA

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by FutbolFan15, Sep 6, 2019.

1. FutbolFan15

FutbolFan15 Member

Orlando city
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    Hofstra is 2018 champs! More than likely will be the team to beat this season!

2. FutbolFan15

FutbolFan15 Member

Orlando city
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    Elon won by a huge margin today! 8 to 0! They will be a team to watch, once conference play starts in a week!

3. FutbolFan15

FutbolFan15 Member

Orlando city
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    UNCW has played well in nonconference games. they are going to be very competitive!

4. FutbolFan15

FutbolFan15 Member

Orlando city
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    CAA conference play starts this week! Good luck to all the teams!

5. FutbolFan15

FutbolFan15 Member

Orlando city
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    #5 FutbolFan15, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    First game of the CAA conference for Northeastern. They are beating up Towson 5 to 0 in the first 34 minutes of play!

6. FutbolFan15

FutbolFan15 Member

Orlando city
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    Hofstra 2 Drexel 1 Final

7. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @FutbolFan15
    What makes you a fan of the far away teams, Hofstra, Orlando City, and Brazil? Do you want to watch highlight on YouTube? Highlights of Hofstra's 5-1 win at Towson on Thursday has been liked by me and nobody else. It's at

Today is the last day of the CAA's regular season. Hofstra is undefeated and has 20 points, UNC Wilmington has 19, and Delaware has 18. Hofstra leads 1-0 at William & Mary, and UNC Wilmington trails 1-0 at Delaware. Last Sunday I saw Hofstra to see Women's World Cup goalkeeper Sydney Schneider of UNC Wilmington, who had 5 consecutive shutouts before the 1-1 tie kept Hofstra in first. It was the first regular season game I've been to. I saw Hofstra host and win a CAA Men's Semifinal in 2015 and Women's Semifinal in 2017. I live 5 miles south of Hofstra. Somebody about 4 houses away from me has a UNC Wilmington sticker on his or her car.

Towson trails 1-0 at Charleston, and Towson is in danger of being the first CAA team with a pointless season since Drexel in 2003. Towson has been in the bottom two in seven of the last eight years, and they have been below .500 in CAA games in all 19 of their years in the CAA! Is there a word for the opposite of a dynasty?

ping repped this.
  8. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The Pittsburgh Pirates.

ping repped this.
  9. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ping repped this.
  10. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The CAA Tournament had excitement. It has 6 teams. Elon, who was last in four of their first five years in the CAA, qualified for the first time in their sixth year in the CAA.

Friday:

5 seed Elon 2, 4 seed Northeastern 1 (at 1 seed Hofstra): Northeastern beat Elon 4-0 the previous game, but not when it mattered. Noortheastern had more shots on goal, 10 to 3. Elon won it in the 88th minutes.

6 seed James Madison 3, 3 seed UNC Wilmington 2 (at 2 seed Delaware): The oral countdown stopped at 7 when UNC Wilmington scored, but it was too little too late

Sunday:

1 seed Hofstra 3, 5 seed Elon 1 (at Hofstra): Shots were 26 to 5, and shots on goal were 4 to 2. Elon had their first shot on goal saved in the 75th minute when the score was 2-0. Hofstra went up 3-0 in the 76th minute from Sabrina Bryan's second goal. Elon scored in the 79th minute and hit a goalpost later.

6 seed James Madison 3, 2 seed Delaware 2 (at Delaware): James Madison equalized in the 89th minute and won with 7 seconds left in Overtime 1. James Madison had more shots on goal, 14 to 7, so Delaware was allowing shots while up 1-0 and 2-1.

The Final will be on Saturday at 1:00 P.M. at Hofstra, and it's an RPI mismatch with Hofstra in 18th (up 4 this week) and James Madison in 151st. Last year Hofstra beat James Madison in the Women's Soccer Final and won at Boston College in the NCAA Tournament, while James Madison beat Hofstra in penalty kicks in the Men's Soccer Final. Both of those were at James Madison. I hope James Madison doesn't take after the Washington Nationals and win as the worst seed.