2019/2020 Winter Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, Sep 25, 2019.

1. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The guy literally ducking sucks!
    My god!

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pjaca is officially off to Anderlecht on a 6 month loan.

3. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even Pogba, we still couldnt squeeze as much as possible. We ended up paying more for Higuain who was 6yrs older. Neymar 9 months later was sold for more than 2x that amount.

We suck at selling and managing players. Look at all these deals we drag and they fall apart. Then we end up keeping them on payroll til we get forced to give them away free. We should be taking whatever 23M Dortmund is offering for Can and put it elsewhere. Dont get this haggling over a few mil

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Romeo Agresti claims that Juve are prepared to sell Douglas Costa this summer.

5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Not surprised, he's been injured way too often. This summer is going to be really crucial to this team, especially if things don't improve soon.

6. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pogba wanted to leave and there wasn't a buy-out clause like the other two transfers you mentioned. Napoli and Barca didn't want to sell but the players wanted to leave and they had release clauses so the amount that was required to acquire said players was already known.

We literally sold Pogba for a world record fee...Did we pay too much money to Raiola? Sure, agree with you there. Because of our relationship with Raiola, he has helped us land numerous players, including de Ligt. I would much rather not deal with the guy. Unfortunately, he represents some of the best players in the world.

7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Record fee but after Raiola he was cheaper than Higuain. That was a horrible exchange...we should have invested in 2 mids instead we keep getting free players

Then we spend 26M on Pjaca and now 35M on Kulusevski which are unknown players.

This doesn't make sense to me...spend more on prospects than the actual mid ?

We missed the boat with our golden generation and now the Ronaldo time is running out.

8. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    1-2 midfielders away from having a solid shot at a multi-year, multi-trophy team. Eventually a replacement for R7 and Higuain.

Costa and Pjanic will have to be sold this summer. Maybe they can fetch 80m combined. Khedira and Matuidi are gone. Ramsey and maybe Rabiot will be shopped around for 50m combined, not sure they will be sold but maybe the year after. I haven't loss hope with them yet but for financial reasons they could be sacrificed for new purchases.

Pjaca broke his knee twice. Kulusevski is a winger, without Costa and eventually Cuadrado the team is going to be short of them.

9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Good. He's been unreliable ever since he got here.

10. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There is no team on this planet that will buy Rabiot and Ramsey with their salaries. We have to make them work. Its really Matuidi Khedira and Pjanic we should get rid of

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Someone will take Rabiot on a loan if Juve agree to pay a portion of his wages. Someone will also pay for Rabiot.

12. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our management cant sell for shit. Realistically we can sell a lot of our players but we have yet to see anything. I dont need to mention all the headache and heartaches we have caused not being able to handle multiple players.

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Emre Can will remain a Dortmund player, they activated the buy clause today so Juve will get the money on July 1st when the transfer window opens.

14. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a bad piece of business.

15. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Veratti keeps proving himself to be unreliable. He got himself banned for the Champions League 2nd leg tie against Dortmund, just can't rely on the guy. He's done it multiple times in the champions league and of course when Italy needed him the most for world cup qualifying playoff.

16. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can under Allegri was showing signs of promise and if he had the opportunity to play more under both Allegri and Sarri they would have sold him for closer to 40m.

juveeer repped this.
  17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Daily Mail reports that Pogba can be had for 60M in transfer fees.

18. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only way we see this happen is if we give up Ronaldo for a decent transfer fee and give up a prospect or two and then we could afford Pogba.

With Pogba in there this team is an instant upgrade. I can see Dybala getting better too.

20. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I don't think we need to give up Ronaldo to bring on Pogba. Management haven't indicated that to be the case.

21. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm thinking I would rather SMS.

Dante repped this.
  22. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I don't think Lotito is doing us any favors. For the first time I am hearing Juve-Thiago links.

23. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Probably not. But neither will United. I'm willing to pay more for SMS.

24. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rai sport was talking about Messi playing in Italy. At 33, If I were Barca, I'd sell him now while they can still get a lot for him.....

phat repped this.