2019-2020 CPL Off Season & U-Sports Draft

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Robert Borden, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  2. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Valour signings:

Happy to see more development time for more Canadian players.

Campbell should be fine but I'm not sure where he fits in Valour's scheme of players.

Dunn is the more notable signing. He's a big guy to have on the back line and has experience in MLS as well as with Canada's youth national teams. I think Winnipeg will enjoy having him.

3. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that this discussion should be renamed. Instead of "2019-2020 CPL Off Season & U-Sports Draft," it should be called "Reposting Tweets from CPL Teams."

4. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Looking at the rosters and taking into account teams that were able to bring all their international players and depth of squads, these would be my rankings

Ranking
    1. York 9
    2. Forge
    3. Cavalry
    4. Pacific
    5. HFX Wanderers
    6. Valour
    7. FC Edmonton
    8. Atletico Ottawa
    I think York 9 should win it and go to 2021 CONCACAF league.

The trio up front of Ryan Telfer, Gabriel Vasconcelos and Michael Petrasso should be a handful to deal with.

They have experience and depth at midfield with Manella, Aparicio, Murofushi and Di Chiara.

Their back line is solid and they added good depth on top of it with only Forge maybe being better defensively.

Nathan Ingham was a beast last season in goal minus bad decision making in time to time.

What that club has been doing off the pitch on top of it to me shows that they could be one of the better clubs for years to come.

Did I mention that Jim Brennan got his UEFA Pro license recently and the addition of the legendary Paul Stalteri to the coaching staff makes this teams unbelievably solid.