2019/20 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, May 3, 2019.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Gelson is worth 28M on transfermarkt. Vietto is worth 6M.

Gelson was sold for 22.5M and Vietto bought for 7.5M.

I was actually digging the 20M + Vietto rumours every paper was saying, seemed pretty fair considering Gelson hasn't exactly lit things up over there and we could reinvest that money plus get a potentially good player.

Vietto bagged goals for Villareal and even on loan at Sevilla I believe he bagged 10 goals. Yeah he flopped in England this season but not everyone can play in the premier league, look at Adrien and Slimani who were stars for us and are now loaned out from Leicester. If Vietto comes with good hardworking attitude, and considering our league is nowhere near La Liga, he could be a big impact. He shouldn't be blamed for the bad deal to bring him in.

2. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I thought Monaco was prepared to offer 40M for him?

I know the number was always going to be around 20M, I’m just still bitter with the way that whole thing played out and think it’s dirty opportunistic move by Atletico

3. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Vietto adds little to no value to this deal. The fact that we paid $7.5 million for 50% of someone who can't score to save his life is garbage business. This is aside form how much we got for Gelson.

This is why BDC has a fanbase. Because of idiotic transfer like these.

4. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Jonas didnt score very much at Valenica and absolutely dominated this league. Vietto deserves a chance, its players who have shown flashes of brilliance but cant do well in the big leagues that we need to be attracting.

5. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Seems like an overpayment for Vietto especially since it's only for 50% of his rights..... But I guess I will hold back final judgment untill I see him in a dozen games or so. ... Hoping for the best but not very optimistic

6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Jonas still had 36 goals in over 100 appearances for Valencia. and Benfica got him for free.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Gelson with a long post saying he never wanted to harm the club. Right... couldn't have waited like others like Acuna did to see what was going to happen right?

8. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I still can't really blame players like him, William and especially Patricio. They were treated like garbage and specifically targeted by the president all the way down to the "fans".

Leao and Podence are a different story altogether...

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    While I agree that you can't blame the players, waiting until after all of these negotiations are settled to write a shitty sob story a year after the fact is weak as f*ck.

Gelson was better off not saying anything at all.

10. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    yea agreed, shouldve just left it.

Hopefully Vietto can do some damage in Portugal. Underwhelming negotiations overall and its disappointing that not a single regulatory body has even acknowledge these rescinded contracts.

Just leao and podence left (and I guess ribeiro, but really he did us a favor). Both of those clubs are adamant that they won't pay Sporting and both of those players don't want their new clubs to pay Sporting. Hopefully there's a plan to tackle those dickheads..

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Leao actually has a future I think, Podence will have an insignificant career.

12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He will, still want to stick it to him cause he's a dick though

SCP_16 repped this.
  13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    You know what sucks? When Benfica bought Pizzi they also bought him from Atleti for 50% and a year later had to pay the additional 50. I wouldnt be surprised if a year from now we pay another 7.5m. This deal has Jorge Mendes written all over it.

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Latest rumours are that Napoli wants Acuna and that Mathieu and the club are closer to a deal for him to stay next season.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    ESPN says we are interested in 28 year old midfielder Mateus Uribe from Club America as a replacement for Bruno Fernandes. A deal might cost between 8-9M euros.

16. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Rubbish rumour. Doesn't fit in with the type of player Keizer has been signing. 3 goals in 37 games over in Mexico to replace Bruno ? I certainly hope not

17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Doesn't fit the type of player Keizer has been signing? What does thwlat even mean? What is the type of player Keizer has been signing?

Look, there is absolutely no one this team can sign that will replace Bruno to his capacity. None.

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    All we can hope is to get enough quality players where we don't have to depend on one player to bail us out.

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Rumours that both SCP and FCP are in the running for 26 year old Gremio forward Luan. They're asking for 10M euros. In 2017 he was voted South American player of the year.

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    New rumour is that we are close to signing midfielder Eduardo from Belenenses. The midfielder has been a revelation this season. He's on loan from Internacional de Porto Alegre to Belenenses, with an option to buy for 3M euros. The rumoured deal would be for Belenenses to buy him and then flip him to us for 4.5M euros.

21. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Mathieu just re-signed. Huge news for us.

I guess that means Coates will be the one on his way out.

22. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Agreed on Mathieu coming back.

I still don't think Coates gets sold.

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Fantastic news! Mathieu when fit is our best defender. I too think Coates stays, with Neto as 3rd and Ilori 4th. Although Ivanildo I hope gets a shot to prove himself.

24. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    If he can continue to stay healthy that is fantastic news for us!

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    SCP also confirmed Vietto is on a 5 year contract with 60M euro release clause.