2019–20 CONCACAF Nations League Semifinal: Mexico vs Costa Rica; June 3, 2021

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Apr 29, 2021.

1. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How many goals has Mexico put in on Navas?

I know our guys performed like shit, from the coach to the players and fans, but the nads I think looked worse. Tata is mostly at fault. Tinkered with the lineup and formation, subbed 3 dudes at once like it was a friendly or proof that he tried to scrap the game plan, took out the most effective player on the pitch.

The nads however have some talent but are a collection of mostly role players. You shut down Pulisic and Gio and they’ll struggle to create chances. They’re super vulnerable on counters and have at least two players that don’t defend.

LGRod repped this.
  2. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Y los dos tuvieron un nivel pésimo por el 99% del tiempo en el campo.

Alopez and Sanchito repped this.
  3. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I mean the strikers that could potentially be there are with the U-23 and the one who is not is banned. I ain’t watching the gold cup. Mexico will not win it this year with the team possibly splitting up further due to the olympics.

Special_talent23 repped this.
  4. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah, Pulido and Henry are dire choices. I’d rather we go with Cheech. Good thing Funes Mori is almost set to go.

Gallardo hasn’t been NT quality in over a year now. One of the reasons why players shouldn’t wait too long before making the jump.

Antuna sucked, but I’d have to give him the benefit of the doubt considering he was put in a position he’s never played before. The Herrera/Guardado midfield have the ability to be so much better than they were yesterday.

Based Araujo is quietly our best defender rn.

Alopez and El Verde repped this.
  5. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't know who needs to hear this(looks at Tata) but Lainez > Antuna. Guardado has been looking like Gerardo Torrado in his last years playing for Mexico, for sometime now. Pulido was bleh, and somehow still looked better than Martin.

das001 repped this.
  6. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How many times has Mexico played against Navas? Legit question, dude rarely plays for Costa Rica.

7. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not sure but plenty of goals.

8. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    two different positions.

JJV1994 repped this.
  9. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Huh?

I don't know how Lainez is supposed to be more involved as he has constantly passed the ball, he just tries to dribble and ask for the ball. You know we need players to try to dribble thru and ask for the ball. I think this is part of the problem, that in Mexico if you aren't constantly passing the ball, you get stuff like being individualistic when it's needed and thus you get praise for the constant passing and sterile possession that does jackshit against bunkering teams.

Arteaga wasn't great but Gallardo did squat and Mexico was as terrible defensive as before and he ended doing nothing offense even when he had more space than Arteaga. Antuna got moved up to the wings and did even worst. He was just plain bad regardless where he played yesterday and should've been subbed out.

rich loc, Philip J. Fry and El Pipiripau repped this.
  10. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lainez can play on the wings, that's where he usually plays with Betis. If that's who you're talking about.

LGRod repped this.
  11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    LGRod and rich loc repped this.
  12. LGRod