[2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification] Korea vs Uzbekistan 2017/09/05 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Sep 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    how bad was uzbekistan today. this is the first time i saw korea successfully make three consecutive passes in like 2 years. on away turf no less. uzbeks gave korea so much space

chook90, 12th Player, Hodori and 3 others repped this.
  2. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Their entire backline wasn't even pressing which is pretty sad that we couldn't even score, but they are a big time choke job.

3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Didn't specifically say but it awfully seemed like the states.

chook90 and killaorca repped this.
  4. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Just one more qualification in 2021 and we have a very good chance of setting the record for the consecutive WCQ in the mid to late 2000's unless Korea gets nuked by the north.

fightingchuyoung repped this.
  5. Tiger12

Tiger12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Unless we allow mercs to play. Just kidding.

6. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

:confused::cautious::cautious::cautious:

7. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jessypjs repped this.
  8. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    happy to qualify but so meh...

nothing is going to change in time for Russia - nothing. STY is out of his league and is going to get his ass handed to him.

i would love to eat my words, but we all know that's not likely to happen. :(:oops:
    how on earth are going to get excited for this WC?

chook90 and Tiger12 repped this.
  9. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    It's not unreasonable to be pessimistic, but with a WC berth in hand, I don't think that it will be too difficult to garner interest from decent managers.

If the KFA wants to find one, that is.

chook90, Hodori and Seol Korea repped this.
  10. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    even when you begin your post with a good thought you have to end it with your usual nonsense

11. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    therein lies the problem.

chook90 and nmssis repped this.
  12. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Despite having Ki's playmaking skills at their disposal, the NT must not force possession play, as it is at most, a defensive tool. The entire back line would have to be masters at passing the ball- which is rare in football even today.
    My homeland has plenty of good passers, but even they play best when counterattacking.

Seol Korea repped this.
  13. Reddevildk

Reddevildk New Member

Sep 5, 2017
    I look at this team and we have very little pace, flair and our passing game is piss poor. Final ball and our finishing is very amateur. Seriously very lucky to be in the work cup next year and we won't improve before the start of the World Cup. We just don't have the players and I just hope we don't embarrass ourselves. Not trying to be negative but at the moment there is nothing from the campaign you can talk positively about. I just want to see some passion and fight in the players they play like they don't care it's very frustrating

14. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Hey, at least we're not Australia.

killaorca repped this.
  15. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    chook90, 10August2012, nmssis and 2 others repped this.
  16. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    the players were playing with incredible passion today and against Iran, also in the behind the scenes videos you could clearly see that they were taking this as if do or die.

17. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    From the words of Kim Ho-gon was that Shin Tae-yong didn't get much sleep/rest and have lost a lot of weight due to preparing for the WCQs. Such a petty ass comment considering how incompetent he is as the VP and Technical Director; trying to show sympathy when they were the ones that prevented a man from going abroad and forcing him to clean up the 슈근헤 mess smh.

doraemon repped this.
  18. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    HL's

KFA would've held onto Stielicke if they could and only relented bc of dire match results. They're going to ride Shin Taeyoung into oblivion and have ZERO motivation to find a foreign manager. Korean football is riddled with domestic factionalism and an innate hatred for Korean footballers playing in European clubs bc they lie outside of their factionalism and control.

This is a serious social problem in Korea.

chook90 repped this.
  19. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    STY's reward should be an honorable discharge. He achieved what they wanted him to accomplish. He should be allowed to bow out as a success and not hitch his career to the KNT.

20. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I feel bad for STY. This is just HMB 2.0 in the making.

chook90, 10August2012, nmssis and 5 others repped this.
  21. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Exactly, he's an inexperienced bloke that needs more than a year or two to build a legitimate team, and like Choi Kang-hee, he's achieved what they asked him to do (Qualify and earn a 9th WC appearance.), so it's best to let him do what he was planning to do (Go abroad) instead of creating a Hong Myung-bo 2.0 scenario as it's better to leave the job to an experienced name.

chook90, Hodori, jessypjs and 2 others repped this.
  22. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    We need someone who brings the experience and can deliver right away. Sad that the KFA wont agree on that.

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's sad how they can't see this. Same with the norwegian idiots. It's a crisis from u-19 to the NT to the women. Nothing works.

24. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    As I've said before, we've always had problems with KNT's dual mandate, needing offense to crack 10 men in the box AFC opposition and yet needing to have solid defense against far better WC teams.

Let's be honest, if we had a CQ-type having KNT grind out 1-0 scorelines during WCQ, everyone would have their pitchforks and torches out.

That said, I actually think our obvious struggles make the decision going forward clear: it's time to turtle and hustle the way minnows do at WC.

chook90 and killaorca repped this.
  25. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The sad part is that we can't even defend properly to turtle, and we're still to static to even hustle the likes of Thailand.