2018/19 Transfer Rumours | Signings | Discussion

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Apr 19, 2018.

1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And Benfica will pay another $50 million in 3rd party fees and agent fees, while using the rest of their budget on manipulating and match fixing Portuguese soccer with Paixao's

heavy1981 repped this.
  2. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    and still have the b@lls to comment on Porto's results.

3. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Hes better than anyone we have that age.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Well if we ignore top 5 leagues. The top scoring midfielder ever in European leagues is Alex from Fenerbache with 28 goals. Bruno has 27 with quite a few games left.

5. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What's your point? He's still not the next coming of christ like advertised.

6. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    My point is hes clearly by far the best youth in Portugal, and clearly the best we've seen in a long time. What's the point in shitting on him. Would you say the same thing if he played for Sporting? Who cares if he always throws himself to the ground. That was Ronaldo's main tool when he started too.

7. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Absolutely!! I've always called a spade a spade. He may be best youth, but he isn't best player in Portugal.

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Anyways going back to Bruno Fernandes, still think we should be selling him for record values. Eder Militao was sold for 50M to Real; we should try and use that as a bargaining chip. If the most promising defender in the league gets sold for that much, the best attacking midfielder in the league in his prime should be sold for much more.

More and more rumours linking Slimani to us again. Any truth to it?

9. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    I think the price for Fernandes starts at 50 mil and hopefully a couple of the BIG Whales are in on him and the price climbs.....Have to squeeze every Euro out of this transfer you can......

10. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Anything under 60-70 million PROFIT is unacceptable.

We all know players are sold all the time for different fees but after paying X Y Z, team only gets a certain amount..

11. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I still think it's going to be around 45 mil for him. He's not exactly young anymore and is unproven in a big league. We're a comparatively small club to porto and benfica and we are in financial trouble so we can't really expect to receive the same amount that they do. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see him going for much more than 45mil.

60-70mil profit means selling him for like 90 mil. Not a chance.

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Looking at the Ajax game on right now, I really hope we can properly follow a similar example of growing young talent coupled with key signings here or there. Spend 10-12 million on a guaranteed talent instead of 3 or 4 questionable players.

SCP21 repped this.
  13. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's for this very reason we will always be small.

SCP_16 repped this.
  14. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Because were not wishing hard enough? Inspirational.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Bruno Fernandes said in an interview he doesn't expect to be sold for anything close to 100M. He says no club will buy any player in Portugal for over 60M.

Hope he's wrong.

16. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Great, so hell be sold for 60 million.

17. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    According to RTP we have agreed to a 5 year deal with Luciano Vietto as part of the Gelson deal with Athletico......Time will tell I guess

18. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    This guy any good? He's got a whopping 1 goal in 25 games this year for Fulham...

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Apparently it's part of the deal with Atletico to settle for Gelson Martins. They're saying 20M + Vietto which to me seems like a good deal. Maybe while we're shopping there we could bring they're back up goalie Adan? Wishful thinking.

Yes he's flopped in the prem but so have a lot of players (like Slimani). But the guy in two stints for Villareal scored a lot of goals and I think he will be really important in terms of a second striker with not just goal scoring but set up play.

It all depends on how he comes here, he has the talent but so did other players and they just had 0 attitude or professionalism.

If Dost stays they could form a good partnership, if not maybe Slimani can be convinced to come back.

20. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw some rumors of Matheiu to Olympiakos and that Coates may not be back. Another that Man City is interested in Bruno Fernandes. Any other interesting rumors about what the squad may look like next season?

21. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #796 SCP21, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    A CB group of Domingos, Ivanildo, Neto, and Ilori might not be too bad. All fairly unknown at this level though, so it would be very risky. But we don't have a lot of cash and we need to reduce the wages. I think now is the right time to move Coates. He's been decent, but there's definitely much better out there for cheaper. Mathieu will be really tough to replace, but he's old and probably wants to go back to France.

As for signings, I think good, solid starters are needed at GK, RB, 10, and 9. Some more midfield and wing competition wouldn't hurt either. Can't go in to another season like we did this one.

I'd like to see a massive investment in youth as well, we've fallen behind even Braga in recent times. It looks like the U16's are solid, but the last few generations have been atrocious.

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I really don't think we'll get rid of both Coates and Mathieu. I think the frenchman will leave.

We have talented youth particularly in midfield. Worth giving Thierry Correia a shot at pre season for RB but we need to sell our current RBs and sign a quality fullback.

The positives are the winter transfer signings have been mostly good signings. Hopefully this means our upgrades in the scouting staff will pay off. Doumbia at 20 yrs old already to me looks like a successful signing and future profit. Him and Battaglia when he's back can fill the 6 spot. Borja looks like another successful signing, and Phellype is on a scoring streak right now, while we need more depth I can see Phellype being our "Derlei".

natenate101 repped this.
  23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big question is who provides the creativity and goals from midfield if/when BF leaves?

24. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    While Phellype is on a scoring streak, I don't think we need depth behind him, I think he is the depth ideally. We need someone more skilled and that connects better with the midfield imo. Derlei isn't exactly someone I would want leading the line, at any stage in his career.

Maybe Coates won't leave, but I think now is the time to sell if we actually want a return on investment. Plus, he doesn't seem very interested in staying and probably is one of the highest earners on the team. Acuna is another I think should be sold, along with Andre Pinto.

Joao Palhinha has had a solid season at Braga, would be nice to have him given a proper shot in pre-season as well. Either way, get rid of Gudelj.

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yes lets see if we actually strike a deal with Atletico to sell Gelson for 20m + vietto like its been rumoured. Slimani is having a tough time and maybe can consider a return? Slimani + Vietto on paper could be a really really good duo.

The money from Bruno Fernandes can hopefully be used to reinforce the squad with 3 or 4 quality quality players in key positions. We need quality and depth to fight for the title particularly in the winter when we're playing every 3 days.