2018-19 Bundesliga Matchday 9: Borussia Dortmund vs Hertha BSC

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Oct 26, 2018.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    After an excellent hammering of Atlético Madrid we now face a tricky opponent in Hertha Berlin. They are currently in the upper part of the table and have even beaten those scumbags from München, so we need to thread carefully. Delaney being questionable provides an opportunity for Mo to establish himself as a starter.

Side note on Hertha: if they secure a European spot, preferably Europa League, they must take it seriously, as they've already embarrassed themselves and the league by being knocked out by Brøndby of all clubs and later failing to advance from a relatively accessible group.

2. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Hopefully we come out hot again. I imagine we may see some pieces change from the Madrid match since we already had that mid week match.

I hope we see weigl one day soon. Of course I'm not at practice and I know it must be earned.

3. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Happy with our CL win - yet this year so more focused on BL

Big match tomorrow

4. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Burki
    Piszczek. Diallo. Zagadou. Hakimi
    Witsel. Dahoud
    Sancho. Gotze. Guerreirro
    Reus

5. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Very happy with the line up, but I expect it is Gotze playing upfront.

Slightly worried about Reus' fitness and how much LP has to give.

This is a big test in my opinion. Part of the being a great side is being able to bounce back after a great European win and do the job domestically. Hertha being a good side makes it even tougher. A win of any sort would be incredible, but I think we drop points today.

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes, Götze will probably be in front of Reus again. I'm interested to see how the left side will work out. There is much offensive potential and Guerreiro showed against Atletico that he doesn't neglect his defensive duties when he's put on the wing.
    I expect for Reus to get some rest soon, probably in the coming cup match but I'd agree that it's hard to rest him against an opponent like Berlin.

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sancho scores a very nice goal, 1:0.
    Edit: Goal taken back, still 0:0.

8. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018

Offsides?

9. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    On my screen it still shows the goal is that correct or not

10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    You just just scored a legit goal this time and again by Sancho

11. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I assume sancho cancellation was not the one they allowed? Two different scoring strikes?

12. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    1-1 now dangit

13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah, two different incidents, first one that originally stood until the VAR assistant ruled it out for a very slim offside call against Reus, I mean literally a big toe offside from what I could tell. The goal that stood was scored not long after, good counter attacking goal.

http://www.hesgoal.com/

Good site here to see the game on, compatible for IPhone/Ipad etc

14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Lots of good football but the youngsters need to keep their head in the ground not including Sancho. They need to be focused and respect Hertha a bit more. Too many gaps and sloppy passes at key moments. We need to finish this game as quick as possible. I still have a bad feeling about it.

15. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    One bad pass leads to their goal. It would have been a very good half for us otherwise and we should have converted more of our chances.
    Not sure one could pinpoint a really bad player for us. From those who were criticized in previous games, I thought LP was very good until the 1:1 where I think Dahoud deserves more criticism than LP. We just have to use our chances and put preferably two goals between us and them.

I hope Hakimi finishes the game. He's on a yellow and helps out on both sides, especially in dead ball situations for us.

16. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2:1. Hakimi with the assist. Sancho "steals"/secures the goal from Reus.

17. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Sancho making huge case to start from here on out. Much better quality of late than pulisic

#Vela repped this.
  18. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We are failing to convert so many good chances. Efficiency was a big factor for our success so far. I hope this won't bite us in the ass in the end.

19. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2:2 after a penalty. We just had to use one the earlier chances.

astrophyz repped this.
  20. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Game ends 2:2 when it should have been a clear win had we been more clinical. It sucks getting a penalty in the last minute but I don't know why we gave them so many good chances towards the end. Again and again they had way too much space or counterattacks when they needed a goal and not us.

astrophyz repped this.
  21. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Sad to lose the 2 points, but I am not surprised by this result. Some players like Reus and Witsel were once again excellent and had a winners mentality. Sancho despite being very young was great too.

Then the youngsters like Dahoud, Hakimi, Zagadou and even Raphael were mentally tired and were a bit too carefree and not focused enough.

Really poor mistake by Zagadou, but hopefully he doesn't get too down on himself. He needs to learn from it.

We missed Alcacer today.

22. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Physical and mental tiredness from Atletico. It's very hard to put in another good performance after a tough one like Atletico. Some of the players really struggled mentally though the performance was an excellent.

kbvb repped this.
  23. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    True, the team exceeded expectations, at least for the first 70-80 minutes. I thought we'd struggle more offensively after the CL game and I expected Hertha to be a tough opponent. But we were creative, fast and created many good opportunities. It's just that you don't have to be so offensive minded towards the end when the opponent needs the goal. I suspect that LP had an injury issue which might have been the reason why Zagadou had to defend there. Would be bad luck in that case. We also lost the ball too often which always costs more energy.

24. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Philip should have replaced Guerrio/Gotze instead of Brun Larsen at the end...Philip would have buried the chance Reus provided and that would have killed the game

astrophyz repped this.
  25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I actually agree with this.

Anyway in some ways I think certain players needed this draw. It's good to be confident, but there was over confidence and a lack of focus for some players. This will hopefully remind them they need to be ready to battle for every match.

astrophyz repped this.