2017 U-17 World Cup Cycle

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by ussoccer97531, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC

2. Eke2

Eke2 New Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    You gotta read these things more for amusement than information. Heavy confirmation bias, and not a good understanding of the U17 player pool

3. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    According to the de facto spokesperson for USYNT, Sargent's mom, they lost 2 - 1.

4. didi11

didi11 Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You can figure out the starting lineup against Mali from this short clip. A bit surprised by the selection of midfield:

Pl@ymaker and Overachiever repped this.
  5. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I see Dest and Reyes, only 1 CB (Sands), two CM's (Durkin and Goslin). Makes me think Lindsey will play CB, Reyes either as a 10 or winger.

6. didi11

didi11 Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Dest, Lindsay, Glouster started the game so one of them had to play as CB, wondering who that is

7. didi11

didi11 Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Just my opinion, if Goslin starts at WC, our forwards will struggle to get balls from midfield. His first touch is not good enough for this level.

8. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Article on Jacobo Reyes from Mexican media. He left Houston to join Monterrey at age 12. He's compared by a Monterrey youth coach to Monterrey senior players Dorlan Pabon and Carlos Andres Sanchez. Noted that he just turned 17 but already plays for Monterrey U20, ahead of the guys his age who are still with the U17s. They envision him with the first team in the future.

9. SoccerAnalyst

SoccerAnalyst New Member

Jul 29, 2017
  10. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    i dont know anything, but do we think indias good defensively because that indian american kid said india were a lot better defensively or because they are?

11. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    I don't think he even said India's defense was better per se; just that they prioritize defensive formation.

India is just a bad team, the second worst in the World Cup most likely(though New Caledonia may surprise us) and a lucky draw from Pot A for USA's group. Anything less than 3 goals and none conceded would be a disappointment. A draw or loss would be massively embarrassing.

Gacm32, SoccerAnalyst and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  12. SoccerAnalyst

SoccerAnalyst New Member

Jul 29, 2017
    What would be most likely formation against India 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 ?

Considering its a weak team like India, I feel Hackworth will go with 4-3-3.

13. Qrazymonk

Qrazymonk New Member

Oct 4, 2017
    vasudhev kutumbakam
    Get Ready for eating humble pie tomorrow big lad.. You gonna get shocked

SoccerAnalyst and Starman* repped this.
  14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He always goes 4-3-3. Doubt he plays anything different this tournament.

15. Techsan111

Techsan111 Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How can I watch the US matches and where can I find a schedule of games? Thanks in advance.

16. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_FIFA_U-17_World_Cup

FS2 every group stage match. Starts tomorrow

Friday (10:30 AM ET), Monday (7:30 AM ET), Thursday (10:30 AM ET) schedule the next 7 days. Its actually 3 games in 6 games, but if you want to count today, the group stage will be over a week from today.

Further schedule depends of course on what happens in the tournament, but tomorrow at 10:30 AM ET is the first match, and its on FS2. If you don't have access to that channel, try the Fox Sports Streaming App (forget the exact name of it). And If not, they'll be plenty of streams available on the internet. The knockout round matches are all at one of those two times, as well.

Excellency, Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  17. dlokteff

dlokteff Member+

Jan 22, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Games are also on Universo if you don't get FS2

Pl@ymaker and Winoman repped this.
  18. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox Sports Go is the name of the app. It’s normally pretty good but you can’t really rewind or anything.

I don’t really care what the score is as long as we win. I’d imagine playing in India is going to take a toll on the players. Teams that travel long distances for games always play worse in any sport. At the very least, some rust in the first half, unless India is pretty toothless and is outmatched. Hopefully we get a lead and can sub out some key guys early

Winoman repped this.
  19. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Winoman, ChuckMe92, bballshawn and 2 others repped this.
  20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Also, kudos to the Twitter responder to that post who said we "could've used a player like Llanez" before the games even started. Get that guy (or gal) a BigSoccer handle!

;)

21. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TarHeels17, Pl@ymaker, ChuckMe92 and 3 others repped this.
  22. TMBMiles

TMBMiles Member

Dortmund
    United States
    Mar 31, 2017
    Man I still don't understand how Llanez didn't make it. He looked like one of our best players in his games earlier this cycle, and could have been a hell of a super sub off the bench for Weah or Akinola. (At least)

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  23. Anderson11

Anderson11 Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I started learning Spanish, I learned the double L as a single letter. Even though the rest of the name is capitalized, maybe it was intentional?

24. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    In case anyone was wondering, the goal against Mali was scored by Akinola, according to the announcers on the broadcast today.

Gorky and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  25. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That must be the one who scored all those goals for us.:D