2017 Summer Transfer Thread - Make BVB Great Again

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    BVB has been great before and will be great again. Also since we've already scored Mo Dahoud.....as my thread predicted it is time for a new thread.

2. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So Dahoud and Toprak confirmed as incoming.

Which players will be leaving?

3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It depends on which formation the manager wants, but I expect the board will force Tuchel to play 4-2-3-1. It makes sense, because we have many good attacking midfielders and very few good defenders.

I expect and hope for Ginter, Sahin, Rode and Kagawa to leave.

4. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I say we should play a war of slow resistance and lure Süle to us until he's worn down from a mixture of our insistence and lack of playing time at Bayern.

5. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    He has made a very stupid move and it could really hold back his career. Unless he is very lucky (Boateng/Hummels are terribly unlucky with an injury) or one of the two German internationals decides to leave, he won't see any game time.

He would have been much better off going to Chelsea or Dortmund.

For the record I have no problem when Bayern buy the best talent around. I have no complaints that they bought Hummels, I have no complaints they tried to buy Gundogan. As a fan of football I hate seeing young players destroyed by clubs buying up talent (yes the youngsters and their advisors deserve a lot of the blame for it); Chelsea are the worst culprits.

6. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How would he have been better off going to Chelsea with Luiz, Cahill Azpi, Zouma and Christensen

Or BvB with Sokratis, Bartra, Ginter Merino Bender

At Bayern he has Hummels, Boateng and Martinez(Who might be moving to DM)

7. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hummels/Boateng >> Sokratis/Bartra.

Sule will get playing time though, both in the rotation and because Hummels and Boateng tend miss a number of games due to injury or suspension. There is also the option of playing 3-5-2/3-4-3 more often.

If he had moved to BvB I think he would have become a first choice very quickly, in a back 2 or 3.

8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Chelsea may not have got Luiz had they got Sule. Sule is already better than Cahill, whilst Zouma lost his place to injury. Worst case scenario had he joined Chelsea they would have played been Luiz's partner or replaced Cahill in the team.

Dortmund have one good centre back, Merino is a midfield and Bender is never fit. He almost certainly would have partnered Sokratis.

At Bayern he has two of the best centre backs in the world ahead of him and they are only 28. They could easily play together for 5 more years. Sule at 21 needs games to develop.

bvbSlash repped this.
  9. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Was Sule even on Chelsea's radar? They are the last club in the world that I would want a young German talent to go to.

10. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Chelsea already got Luiz way back in the summer before Bayern got Sule. So i dont see how the 2 transfers are related

What is happening to Ake in CHelsea? What has happened to Christensen aside being tossed all over Europe, And why will Sule be any different?

Ake was called back from Bournemouth yet cant get any minutes in Chelsea so whats the point of calling him back

They have called Christensen back and the same fate probably awaits him

So why is Chelsea a better option for Sule over Bayern

11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Yes they were very keen to get him all summer. He chose Bayern.
    Sule agreed to join Bayern back in the summer, yes something incredible may have changed his mind, but the deal was done in the summer. The same way the Dahoud agreed to join Dortmund around December.

David Luiz was a last minute thing, because they had missed their targets.
    I don't understand why they called Ake back, it seems they wanted cover for Alonso, who has played through injury a lot. Ake was progressing really well. What Chelsea do with youngsters is terrible. So many talents around Europe have been destroyed. I am strongly and have always spoken against their system. It destroys young players.

Sule would be different than those talents, because he was not being bought as a talented kid to eventually sell for more money. Chelsea stockpile on talented youngsters so that other teams cannot buy them, but also as a business investment. They buy these young players cheap and then sell them for a profit. It's terrible for these young players. Sule would have gone straight into Chelsea's first team.
    Sule is a bigger talent than both of those players and the reason they are buying him is different. They wanted Sule, like Hazard and Oscar, as a first team player. Cahill had been terrible, Zouma was coming back from an awful injury and Terry was past it. Sule would have been guaranteed a starting place.

In general though I would definitely hope young German/English talents don't go to Chelsea. I was glad that Meyer did not make this mistake and said to many Chelsea fans at the time that I hope he does not go.

My opinion has nothing to do with any bias against Bayern. I think Sane and Draxler should have gone to Bayern. Sane is widely acknowledged now as the best young talent in England, especially since he has settled. I think Sane will be one of the best players in the world, but for me he should have gone to Bayern. If Bayern tried to sign Weigl to replace Alonso, I would say it was a logical and brilliant decision from the club.

12. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Chelsea chased Koulibaly all summer even offered over 50M, it was the failure to land Koulibaly that led them to Luiz. That is why I say Luiz and Sule are not related rather its Luiz and Koulibaly that can be linked

Chelsea also have Christensen a more experienced defender than Sule and about as talented as Sule who they just recalled from Gladbach, Ake on loan plus Zouma coming back (All around the same age with Sule). In addition to what they have currently, How will Chelsea now be a good deal for Niklas Sule

At Bayern Hummels and Boateng are quite injury prone. For multiple games last season including important CL matches we had to play Kimmich(A 5ft9 midfielder) and Alaba(A 5ft11 LB) as CB pairing. This year Boateng has been out since November and only came back last weekend.

I don't see how Sule will be better off in Chelsea than at Bayern

13. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC

Chelsea chased a number of defenders.

Sule in my opinion is not only already better than Christensen, but has a higher ceiling.

He was being bought for the first team. Chelsea actually even now want another centre back to replace Cahill.

Sule was better than every Chelsea centre back this summer. Conte was building a team for a 4-2-4 in the summer, but couldn't get the players.

Chelsea never thought they could get Luiz, it only emerged they had a chance when they went in for Marquinhos desperately in the last couple of days. It only happened, because Luiz took a paycut and wanted to return.

No point discussing this further. If you cannot see how a promising young player has better prospects being Chelsea's best centre back, in a team that sometimes play 3 at the back rather than 3rd/4th choice at Bayern then nothing more to say.

bvbSlash repped this.
  14. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The insider who predicted Dahoud for Sahin says Choupo Moting will be moving to BVB for free in the summer.

15. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    If this is true, then it's an absolutely terrible transfer. A waste of wages and completely pointless in every way unless Schurrle is leaving. and even then it's a very, very poor signing.

16. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That makes zero sense, and the "insider", while he got BVB's interest in Dahoud right at a time when over half this forum already saw the fit, got the Sahin part wrong. I'm highly skeptical.

17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We will be playing in 3 competitions, likely with 4 attackers since we will have Weigl and Dahoud. With our injury prone this squad is and not knowing how Gotze will fare, this makes a lot of sense. If Mor is loaned even more so. Schurrle behind PEA and then you have Reus, Gotze, Kagawa, Demeble and Pulisic. Seems just about fine to me.

18. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That took flight back in fall last year. Nobody was sure about Dahoud then. Let's see what happens with Sahin.

There's been a lot of noise about us taking a Schalke player. So don't rule it out.

19. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    He was no where near the first. Liverpool leaked exactly a year ago that Dortmund were looking at Dahoud. Liverpool insiders also were the first to indicate that Dahoud had decided on his club all the way back in January.
    No it makes no sense and is buying for hte sake of buying. You forgot to mention Isak. As things stand currently we have too many attacking players. Even with Gotze/Reus injured we would usually have Pulisic and Mor on the bench. Schurrle can easily cover both roles.

Choupo Moting is a selfish player, above average Bundesliga player. Exactly the type Tuchel loves, but are no good for the club.

I would be content if the signings for the summer was done. I don't want anymore signings unless something remarkable turns up at centre back.

20. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If we're moving forward with a three man backline and selling Gïnter, I want another CB. In an ideal world I'd also want a better more technical backup for Dahoud than Castro, but that's not a major priority. Overall this summer should be about determining who the deadweight on this squad is and selling them off. Also, selling and replacing Auba if need be.

21. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    If we were moving forward wiht a three man backline then yes, I agree we would need another CB. Instead of adding another attacking player we would actually need to sell 2 as well.

This goes back to why I don't care whether Tuchel stays or not. Why risk going for a formation where we need to sell 2 of our attacking players and buy at least one centre, when we could use a formation where we keep things the same?

I would want better back up than Castro, but Dahoud seems to have exceptional fitness and does not get injured much. It's not like we are bringing in Gundogan.

22. adriandragonus

Aug 5, 2015
    indonesia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    if ginter is gone and subotic to koln is done,then bender,bartra,sokratis,and toprak is our option. pisczek can adapt as LCB too. 1 more CB is quite risky,even more if bender somehow managed to stay injury-free. even if the club decide to need one,who's the candidate? now all clubs in BL protect their CB because the position's importance. remember hertha hand stark extension after rumour said BVB was after him? we'll probably forced to look at lower league or abroad to seek them. and mind you,i quite doubt the quality of player purchased this way.

23. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Goretzka? Kolasinac? The others are not worth the trouble. Goretzka next to Weigl would be amazing even with Dahoud coming.

24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According to Romanian journalist, Mbappe and Lacazett will play for BVB next season.

Total BS but I wouldn't mind.

25. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mbappe would be insanity at BVB. Too bad it's BS.

Liquid1010 repped this.