2017-18 U-20 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Apr 21, 2017.

1. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Choi Jun played as a Lw.
    Too bad about the gk though. He's actually the first player to sign a semi-pro contract in K-league. He's only 17 though so I'll give him some slack.
    Honestly I wouldn't worry to much about this competition, we're just trying new things and it's not serious. I feel like Vietnam would take it more seriously actually for whatever the reasons. I was only interested in knowing few of the players.
    Also about the defence, yes it sucks. I've been complaining about it since last year. They were shaky against even lower SEA teams in the qualifier even though we didn't concede.

2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Do we have any youth players that can play the Kante role? That would be so sweet.
    Also maybe two good CBs.

3. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Actually, I didn't mind too much about the fact that we drew, or how the team played together. The part I was annoyed by was that they were outclassed by the Vietnamese technique-wise which says a lot about this team.

4. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    well Vietnam improved a lot over the years especially their u20 and u23 teams.
    Usually we have few good players and bunch of bad ones when it comes to youth teams. I'm not worried that many of these players aren't great technique-wise. Most of them will become a mediocre pro player at best. Some won't even make it to the pro. Especially this match, we had 5 different players compared to the Morocco and Mexico games, players that weren't given sufficient time against these two teams. So the way they played was kind of expected. Also today it was raining a lot and things just weren't right tactically and players weren't really in it seems.
    So I only watched the first half and Choi Jun had a disappointing match... I think I have to dial down my expectation on him. He played so much better in that Croatian tournament though...
    Vietnam had flashes of good plays and many of them have good technical skills. Vietnam seems to be investing a lot into football it seems. What surprised me the most was the fact that there were so many Vietnamese fans. That just screams marketing potential, I hope K-league takes advantage of it.
    What I've learn about this tournament though is that Min Sunjoon and Um Wonsang are the best players of this bunch. Ahn Joonhyuk didn't really meet my expectation but I'll still call him up in the future. Add them into a squad of Kim Jungmin, Lee Kangin, Cho Youngwook, Jeong Wooyeong, Jeon Seijin and maybe Park Taejoon (Seongnam), I think we'll have a pretty good team. However, we don't have good defenders which is a huge problem.

5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I wonder how good Yoo Jiha is. He's 18, CB, 187 cm tall and he plays for Pohang.
    He got a trial by Barcelona when he was 12 years old but went to Japan instead because of his dad's work. He was part of Yokohama F. Marinos youth team since this year. Trained with the first team for a bit. Didn't make it to the first team because of foreign quota. I wonder if he's better than the current CBs we have.

6. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Cho Young Wook, Jeon Se Jin, Lee Kang In and Jung Woo Young will all be part of the team at the Toulon cup this year in May.
    1. that tournament will be more serious
    2. we can rule out these players from the Asian Games.

7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    JWY is injured and is expected to be back around June & Toulon starts at May 26...

8. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    well.. the Korean media told so XD maybe theyre wrong

9. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
  10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Apparently Min Sungjun played really well against Seoul Eland. It was an KFA cup match and he kept a clean sheet for 180 mins, and he saved 3 out of 4 goals in PK shootout. He got his team to the next round.

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is there a squad for Toulon?

13. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    2 posts before yours is the squad for Toulon Cup.

killaorca repped this.
  14. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Cant tell the names anyway

15. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    GK: Min Sung-Joon (Korea Univ.) Park Ji-Min (Metan High School)

DF: Lee Jae-Ik (Gangwon FC) Lee Sang-Joon (Busan IPark) Lee Ji-Sol (Daejeon Citizen) Hwang Tae-Hyun (Ansan Greeners) Kim Hyun-Woo (Dinamo Zagreb) Cho Jin-Woo (Matsumoto Yamagawa FC) Lee Kyu-Hyuk (Dongguk Univ.) Choi Joon (Yonsei Univ.)

MF: Cho Young-Wook (FC Seoul) Jeon Se-Jin (Suwon Samsung Bluewings) Ko Jae-Hyun (Daegu FC) Lee Dong-Gun (Daegu FC) Kim Kyu-Hyung (Dinamo Zagreb) Kim Jung-Min (FC Liefering) Lee Kang-In (Valencia CF) Um Won-Sang (Ajou Univ.) Chung Ho-Jin (Korea Univ.)

FW: Oh Se-Hoon (Ulsan Hyundai)

not sure if all the spellings of the names are correct but here it is in English

Radu Razvan, Seol Korea and seolseol repped this.
  16. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    This trio is getting me excited

Seol Korea repped this.
  17. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Kim Jung Min (no permission by Liefering) and Kim Hyun Woo (injury) will miss the Toulon cup :/

18. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Why the f.cuk Liefering is not letting him to play?

19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Damn we are 0-2 behind after 8 mins against FRA...

20. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    omg the defense... 52th min 1-4

21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Our defence has been suspect since u19 Afc qualifer.
    Anyways I can't watch but our squad is u19 vs France u21. So no need to feel discouraged.

22. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Yeah it's France U21 (1997-1998) vs our U19 (1999-2000) and most of their players play regularly in Ligue 1 or Ligue 2. BUT it's kind of thier B team, because they let their best players (Maxime, Aouar, Tousart, Bosagli, Terrier, etc.) at home...

23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I'm just hoping Ligue 1 scouted some of our players.

24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    ... we sucked today, so let's hope for the other games.

Lee Kang In was our best player despite playing against players 4 years older than him.

25. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I'm hoping some of our players did well though like Jeo Sejin, Cho Youngwook, and that really fast player.