[2016 Rio Olympics: Quarter-Finals] Korea vs Honduras 2016/08/13 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Son's and Ryu's interview after the match:

Footage from reporters travelling with the Korean and the Honduran U23 team:

iunlock repped this.
  2. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Once again I understand that clearly (As I've explained.), and I am going to tell you this since you're referring to luck as the main culprit behind our loss; if you can't finish what you've started then that's all on you and it has nothing to do with luck. Also, we were piss poor against the Mexicans, lucky enough to not have conceded against them, and Kwon Chang-hoon scored a brace upon a terrible Mexican defense at the last couple minutes.

Nothing to take away from you, we can just agree to disagree.

3. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Okay, I have just the faith the main reason of our lost is lack of luck and I know you understand that and I agree that our weaknesses cost us the match as well. Anyway, it was just a part of my initial post which explained that Korean players may feel even more sadder than us. I can't be mad at them because they gave all they had and they played with their strenghts (even if i am so disappointed). it's okay people don't think the way I think, I understand your point of view.

pkk78 repped this.
  4. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #1054 jessypjs, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Oh I just realized I forgot to asnwer to you.
    I think, in finishing, there is a part of luck : Okay scoring goals depend on striker's talent but not only, it depends on luck too : honduran goalkeeper were on fire (like never he was before I guess),plus shots were always deflected and blocked. Even world best strikers miss chances. Korea scored 3 goals against Germany with less chances. We can't deny Honduras was way lucky than Korea during this match.
    It wasn't meant to be, it was our fate to lose yesterday. I really think hazard/luck is inherent to football. Okay, we could say : Korea should have converted all theses chances (I agree). But it's just a matter of view point, we can discuss this all day, we never won't agree.

PS : I don't deny the part of responsability of korean players as I said before, I just say there is always a part of luck. We were agree to say Korean had had luck against Mexico, so why do we disagree to say Honduran team has been more lucky than us ?

Hyok and pkk78 repped this.
  5. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #1056 takeuchi, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    :thumbsup:

In fairness, I think this was a decent tournament for Korea if you can overlook the disappointing result against Honduras. We all (okay, most did) agreed this wasn't a talented squad. To finish 1st in group stage over Germany & Mexico is commendable (they overachieved in this regard imo). The goal for Korea is to grow stronger as the tournament progress. Korea & many 2nd tier nations focus too much on game or two in group stage.... & pretty much look flat or rely on luck afterwards (mostly because.. imo, team is woefully prepared as too much energy & focus was exerted on certain "must win" games during group stage).

edit - disagree on Pinto being a good coach. he only knows how to coach one way & he has only coached nations with inferior nations to suit his tactics. Korea isn't in position to "park the bus" vs Asian opponents (seriously, who wants to watch Korea park the bus vs China in WCQ?).

iunlock and pkk78 repped this.
  6. Essex

Essex Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Couldn't watch the game, so I was obviously disappointed when I saw the result today. I'm sorry for you guys.

jessypjs and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  7. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Lol, what a load of utter bollocks. Seems like some people are desperate to build a straw man. No, none of us on BSK under that illusion. The problem was losing against an opponent that struggled for the whole match and throwing away chances after chances. We were NOT facing Brazil, we were facing FCKING HONDURAS.

Also, Pim Verbeek, what an absolute moron. He was criticised because the team was a joke during 2007 Asian Cup, seriously, there is a difference between losing against Brazil and Bahrain FFS.

I'm criticising our players because of their moronic display against Honduras, not because I have any high expectations of them.

iunlock and chook90 repped this.
  8. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It was a good tournament, maybe undermined by yesterday defeat. As you said it, they overachieved the expectations ending 1st of the group in front of Germany and defending champion Mexico. Then, I think many people expected a win against Honduras but this defeat made them really disappointed (me included). However, we can't blame Korea for being focused on group stage matches since this group was a difficult one. But yes, the next step is to win knockout stage matches.

Yes but at the moment his strategy is effective even if it's not spectacular. The question is how long his coaching will perform ?
    Yes it's no way to see Korea playing like that ;)

iunlock and Hyok repped this.
  9. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It isn't effective for teams like Korea in Asia. Atletico Madrid, Mourinho teams, and so forth.. they offer more against inferior teams. That's not case with Pinto & his 5 back system. He only knows how to get the best out of small nations vs superior teams. It's pragmatic & the right approach vs bigger nations but not as a whole..

This is the type of result he gets in CONCACAF when the team is asked to do more...

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2016/02/11/world/friendlies/guatemala/honduras/2189872/

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/20...-qualifying-concacaf/canada/honduras/2155360/

jessypjs and skimmilk repped this.
  10. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Other than the argument against cynically naturalizing athletes (a point hardly worth making since no one would disagree with it), this may be the most idiotic and uninformed post I have seen in BSK history. It's as though the poster crawled out of a hole after a 100-year slumber and was shocked by what he saw.

dsnipes1 repped this.
  11. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yep okay, I didn't look in detail results of Honduras, I just looked at results of Costa Rica at last World Cup and Honduras at Olympic games. At least, it exists a downside at this "ugly" way of play.

12. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    another negative to such tactic (or manager like Pinto)... it's short term planning. if you don't get results, the program is fcuked for long period.

skimmilk and jessypjs repped this.
  13. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    2018 World Cup = Barca Boys + Ki/Koo/Son

14. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    If they play for Barca along side Neymar, yes. But i doubt.

15. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The scenario in which LSW can make it to the first team
    • LSW becomes a regular starter for Barca B and scores a ton of goals - pretty likely.
    • Suarez gets old in 2/3 years and is sold/retires - also sort of possible.
    • In the meantime LSW goes out to some other upper middle tier spanish team and excels a la Denis Suarez because I don't want him playing with Barca B for 2-3 more years
    • Munir doesn't beast it up in the meantime

The scenario in which PSH can make it to the first team
    • Somehow find a way to beat out Alena, Kaptoum, and Sarsanedas - this is the real hard part
    • play for Barca B regularly and score goals n shit
    • hope andre silva doesn't turn out to become a Iniesta replacement and hope Alena doesn't either (hardest part)
    • Unless, his competitors all jump ship and BSH is the only top midfielder left with Barca B

The scenario in which JGH can make it to the first team
    • Become a world class FB, or
    • Magically become Barca B's undisputed best wide player

As of preseason all three of them have been hot n cold. Sometimes they're completely invisible, sometimes they dribble past opponents no problem... it's all horrifically unpredictable unfortunately

16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    It's time to loan out PSH to a first division league anywhere in Europe.

17. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes, fully agree with you. You can consider the same thing at the scale of a match : If Korea has scored first, it would have been way more difficult for Honduras to win the match.

18. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Translation: too many "if".

skimmilk repped this.
  19. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    you missed a good comedy.

Essex repped this.
  20. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    This post doesn't make any sense at all.
    Read my previous post and stop diverting your talking points.

Jesus, your writing and reading comprehension skills are horrible.
    Alternate train of thoughts galore...

21. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Being top of the group felt like a fluke.

Fiji doesn't count (not to mention Korea struggled to score against them during the first half...)
    Half assed performance against Mexico.
    vs. Germany there were few moments of brilliance before COMPLETELY BLUNDERING the match before it ended.

Time and time again, Korea's defense throughout the tournament was constantly looking like it was going to crumble at any second... and it did plenty of times.

Very disappointed in this team.

22. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Okay, it's your point of view but I don't share it. I am not fully disappointed by the team for the reasons I already mentionned.
    PS : Sorry for my english mistakes in my posts (1) my english is poor, 2) I am tired at the moment)

23. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nous sommes déçus parce que nous nous attendions à plus de l'équipe nationale.

jessypjs repped this.
  24. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I learned more Portuguese in 4 months than 6 years of French.

jessypjs repped this.