[2016 Rio Olympics: Group Stage] Korea vs Germany 2016/08/07 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Aug 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Match Information:

Football at the 2016 Summer Olympics Group Stage Match 2: Korea vs Germany.
    Monday, August 8, 2016 Live KBS2TV, MBC 4:00 AM Korea Time.
    Venue: Fonte Nova Arena, Salvador, Brazil.

Time Zone:
    Monday, August 8, 2016 4:00 AM Korea Time
    Monday, August 8, 2016 5:00 AM Australia Time
    Sunday, August 7, 2016 9:00 PM Germany Time
    Sunday, August 7, 2016 4:0
    0 PM Brazil Time
    Sunday, August 7, 2016 9:00 AM Hawaii Time
    Sunday, August 7, 2016 12:00 Noon Pacific Time
    Sunday, August 7, 2016 3:00 PM Eastern Time
    Sunday, August 7, 2016 8:00 PM UK Time(GMT)
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Group C:
    [​IMG]

Korea Olympic NT vs Germany Olympic NT Head-to-Head Overview:
    3 - 1 - 0 - 2 (Played - Win - Draw - Loss)
    http://www.kfa.or.kr/record/history_nation.asp

[​IMG]

Note: As always, double check the times.

chook90, jessypjs, Kanuck and 2 others repped this.
  2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [Squads]

KOR
    [​IMG]

GER
    [​IMG]

Official will be Nestor Pitana from Argentina.

3. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We can beat Germany

[​IMG]

dudedudedude repped this.
  4. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I can't watch this game due to work...

6. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think we all remember him.

[​IMG]

FYI he was one of the officials at the Fiji match (substitutions).

7. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  8. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Basically the most important phase will be the early 20 minutes. We saw against Fiji that we were very nervous and our defense was very error prone in the beginning. Against Germany, just one mistake could lead to a goal. And if we concede another just right after, we are gonna fall apart (remember the ALG game).
    If we survive the first 20 minutes I believe we have a good chance.

The Germans have their strenghts, but they are for gods sake not perfect. They are weak to fast wingers and long passes, the CBs don't have the best chemistry and the two Benders showed against Mexico how useless it is to play them together in the midfield (it's like if we used two Jang Hyun-Soo's).

If we really play like there's no tomorrow, can make more out of chances than against Fiji, integrate SHJ and SHM to the team perfectly, be careful to not give a lot of set-piece chances and most importantly defend as a whole team, I believe we have a chance.

We shouldn't fear them too much, Japan won against Spain in 2012 and that team was the best on the paper back then. Don't want to compare us to them, but all I want to say is that it's not always the better team that wins. We have much more desire and should be able to show that on the pitch.

sogyeokdong repped this.
  9. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Pitana is a very good ref, always close to the action. He was choosen as the referee for the 2nd lega copa libertadores final few weeks ago.

I don't see Germany crasching South Korea, will be a rather even match.

aeh1991 repped this.
  10. sogyeokdong

sogyeokdong Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    SHM & SHJ are getting the start for sure, correct?

seolseol repped this.
  11. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Korea 0-3 Germany

chook90 repped this.
  12. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I was impressed with the numerous later goals against Fiji. But the earlier part of the game makes me somewhat concerned for a game against a strong team like Germany.

chook90 repped this.
  13. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Yeah it's 99% to expect.

14. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey guys, Germany fan here. I was wondering if you guys could briefly break your team down for me? Key players, style, etc. I don't recognize anyone except Son. Much appreciated in advance.

15. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Son Heung Min, Suk Hyun Jun(CF), Kwon Chang Hoon (AM) and Kim Dong Jun(GK).
    Kwon Chang Hoon is pretty good, I heard he's linked with some clubs in Germany. But that's just rumor.
    Ryu Seung Woo did really well in the last game. He's not that good for his club. He mostly played in Bundesliga 2. Moon Chang Jin isn't that good for his club too (K-league), but he knows how to get the ball through the net for some reason. Hwang Hee Chan plays well when he wants. He's omniscient and sees the big picture. He can't do no wrong, but us mortals just don't understand his ways. He is the Lord afterall, the son of Bendtner. Proverbs 3:5-6.

Also our defence is really bad.
    Some of these guys can't even break it into K-league.

aeh1991 and MatthausSammer repped this.
  16. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thank you and good luck.

seolseol, aeh1991 and killaorca repped this.
  17. mk27

mk27 Member

Feb 24, 2008
    I hope Son is able to perform like he did in the bundesliga in this game, then we will win.

iunlock and aeh1991 repped this.
  18. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #18 aeh1991, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    If it's true what German fans say, Klostermann will be LB and Toljan RB, like the first game against Mexico. The interesting point is, that both are right footed players. They basically have no left footed fullbacks, so Klosterman did it. But apparently he did well. Not the best technician, but a solid defender with an extraordinary speed. I think Son will be the perfect counterpart though. Klostermann's still inexperienced (only 2.BuLi so far) so SHM should take advantage of it.
    The problem will be the right side with Toljan and Gnabry. Toljan can do decent crosses, but he is weak in defending (good luck RSW). I expect that a lot of their attacks will come from the right side. With Gnabrys speed, they could easily play out our weakest point SSM. And flanks will be dangerous too because both Petersen and Selke are heading monsters. No matter who plays centrally, our CBs have to take attention.
    So I'd put someone who works defensively well on the left side. Unfortunately Ryu Seung-Woo will be the best option here, as SHM and KCH don't like to go backwards. Player types like Lee Jae-Sung or of course Park Ji-Sung we could really need (or on Olympic level, Choi Kyung Rok... dammit STY!).
    But Ryu improved in that matter, so I hope he can help SSM as much as possible. And if not, Lee Chan-Dong or Jang Hyun-Soo (whoever plays in LDM) will have to help a lot. On the other hand, they still have Brandt and Meyer on the left and central midfield. But Brandt tends to go into the middle for shooting instead of doing crosses, so I expect Lee Seul-Chan to be less stressed than SSM. As our crossing is bad, I'd stick with the offensive tactics against Fiji, means using long balls, fast pass play, doing wide shots, etc. And Suk Hyun-Jun will have to take attentions from Ginter and Süle so that our AM line can break through the middle.
    About the Bender bros in the DM I am not too worried. They play very carefully since they are injury prone (someone pointed out that Lars Bender the better of the two looked painful towards the end of Mexico game)
    Finally, Horn in the goal is someone of high quality. He's probably one of the top3 GK of the tournament.
    But Kim Dong-Jun is also very talented, so I have high hopes on him. Every single save by him could be gold worthy.
    Oh and I would spare MCJ for the last group game as he isn't really the right player against the physically strong Germans. I am sure he could do better than the Fiji match, but this time I'd rather go with RSW, KCH and SHM.
    But my words are not important.
    I hope and expect that STY has analyzed the opponent carefully and wish the team the best of luck!

EDIT: Btw we have to hope that Gnabry's strong performance against Mexico was an exception, since he's still a very raw player. Aside from his speed and technical skills, he has a lot of weakness as well like tactics, wrong decisions and egoism. It's highly unlikely but maybe he's had a very good day :D

iunlock and MatthausSammer repped this.
  19. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Very nice analysis, but an intriguing factor on Gnabry is the fact that he's probably the most motivated player on the team. There's really a lot at stake for him at the Olympics. A good showing and making an impression could show clubs that he still is promising and can ball for a potential loan or transfer out of Arsenal, where he's stagnated and mired in injuries and buried on the depth chart. A poor showing could continue his struggles against his downward trajectory. Maybe some of his overaggressive decision-making could be down to his desire to showcase himself and his skill? Just a thought.

20. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Yeah I guess that's one of the main reasons why he made such an impact. Somewhat similar to Ryu Seung-Woo from our side as he lost 1 whole season in benchwarming at Bayer Leverkusen and Arminia Bielefeld.

skimmilk and MatthausSammer repped this.
  21. iunlock

iunlock Member

Team Sonny
    Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Hope so...SHM knows this ball play the best as it's right up his alley. We just need to let him do his thing.

22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    This is either going to go one of two ways imo. It'll be decided by 1 goal either way, or we're going to get hammered by Germany's counterattacks due to the weakness, lack of concentration and lack of communication of our defenders.

zdrstvte, Seol Korea and aeh1991 repped this.
  23. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    If KCH does well against Germany and Mexico, we should think of him as a player who will play in Bundesliga. I hope he knows and his aware of this, its now or never.

chook90 repped this.
  24. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    All we can hope for is that it's a shoot-out. We will concede goals, that's not even a question imo. At least 2 goals we will concede, and we would be lucky to concede only 2 goals. We just better hope we scored goals as well and expect to be an all-out shoot-out. Kwon CH is the main factor imo for this match, in terms of keeping possessions, making the overlapping passes, and penetrating through the middle. I'm not worried about Son in the flanks.

25. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC