2016 Olympics: Group C - Mexico, Germany, S. Korea, Fiji

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by NCCFBALL, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Very characteristic of you to take something so trivial and go off on a tangent. Saying that Hirving is one of the most humble players of his generation just because he's a father at 20 holds just as much weight as saying that he's one of the most arrogant of his generation because the guy was acting like a douche in the last 10 mins of the game. For someone who loves to use fact in his arguments, this statement, at least in the above quotation, is backed up just as much as one of Sutcliff's run of the mill transfer rumours. Of course, unless you know something all of us don't, spare me the 'in fact.'

As for the consequent part, not sure wtf you're getting at. I mentioned that Hirving was a letdown in the tournament (which he was). And yes, this should bring him back down to earth considering the high he was on pre-Olympics. The blame applies to mostly everyone who played barring Montes and maybe Aguirre so it's not like he's being unfairly targeted. If you want to give everyone golden stars and blue ribbons for trying then go right ahead.

As for the other mumbo jumbo, I didn't partake in that so I'll let whoever did defend themselves.

Sugatot repped this.
  2. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Te quedo el saco y te lo pusiste....y de paso me diste la razon.

You love calling out other posters when certain players underperform, which means you are more invested in your online persona than the teams we are here supporting.

But that's besides the point.

You're digging your heels on the Lozano comments. Since you made the original assertion that he needed some humble pie, I will gladly wait here for you to actually provide some semblance of proof that he was high on arrogance.

You're under the impression that a player only underperforms because he lacks humility. It's like you've never played a sport at competitive level in your life.

Dage, Estevo and Lukato repped this.
  3. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ... and I'm also waiting for your "semblance of proof" regarding him being, and I quote, "one of the most humble players of his generation" - something you've yet to back up despite your insistence on having to back up my statement. This could go either way.

I never did mention that Lozano under performed because he lacked humility. Just because I mention two things doesn't mean they're both correlated, as I'm sure you know. You're connecting dots in order to support an invisible point.

And lastly, if there's anyone who's invested in their 'online persona,' it's the guy with the smartass posts and the corny punchline in each and every one of them. Calling out other posters when I see them do a complete 180 on a certain player has nothing to do about having an online persona but rather with calling out hypocrisy, something I have absolutely no problem doing on a soccer forum.

4. Richy_Rich

Richy_Rich Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    Long Beach State University
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Whatever after a couple days I'm over the loss, looking in retrospect I think the reason this generation didn't do as well as the past one was mostly due to bad preparation. I remember the last Olympic cycle that team had been playing together FOREVER, they played the Panamericanos, the PreOlympic, friendlies here and there, the Toulon Tournament, etc. FFS they had like 100% chemistry. As appose to this cycle where in every tournament they participated in before the Olympic cycle except the pre Olympic of course they played with sum bum ass players because the teams didn't lend their best players. Looking back I still firmly believe that this generation is a lot more talented than the last its just that the preparation leading up to this tournament was horrible, also the refuerzos didn't help at all! We didn't need an overage goalie, with what we saw in TorresNilo we would've been better off with some other young player playing LB but I'll let that one slide, what we should've done is what Colombia did and that was bring 2 overage strikers, Cubo and Bueno are complete Garbage, but oh well.

Anyways I'm just glad most of our talented players belong to Pachuca, if not all... because they know what the fvck they are doing.

Also Montes is a fvcking BEAST. I can't wait to see what he becomes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrandeSoccer, Estevo and DankYummy repped this.
  5. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    also the fact that Pachuca and Chivas cant always let half of their squad leave every time a tournament starts.

6. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Copa America as well, the experience was invaluable

It sucks that we couldn't win it again this time but this is still a talented group of players, minus a few that are not so good

And we'll always have London 2012

Richy_Rich repped this.
  7. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    No, it can't go either way. The burden of proof is on you, not me.

Invisible point? You said Lozano needed to eat humble pie.....that's what started off this discussion.

I didn't claim you said he underperformed, I said you seem to think the only reason he underperformed is because he lacked humility......because you said he needed to eat humble pie. Do you not remember the post I originally quoted? Should I quote it again?

Frankly, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

que chingon.....wow

The guy that is not invested in his online persona at all is the same guy who feels entitled to calling out posters and hypocrisy......in a message board......a message board about soccer. I mean, you do understand that people changing their minds and opinions isn't a crime, right? It doesn't mean you can go around telling people they were "wrong." That's a d*ck move.

If anyone needs a bit of humble pie, seems like it would be you.

8. Robertinho21

Robertinho21 Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Tujunga, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

?????.................Wow i dont know if that was meant for "thedragonrik58" or me, or even worse both of us altogether. For the most part one way or another there will always be qualifiers to some extent that always leaves mexico more or less without any good candidates. As for Chucky Lozano hes one of our younger and better promising player regardless if he had a mediocre tournament. If anything he must get the hell out of Mexico asap, before he ends up being of of millions of players that we will say " could of been one of the best, but never left Mexico". He has to go anywhere, because anywhere would almost be better then staying in Mexico, specially the way they run things regarding our young players. As for going out 3 and out, that was all because of Mexico, we had trillions of chances and we never capitalized on them all. We should of won Germany but we did'nt and we were alright with that, we should of scored 100 on Figi but were cool with just 5, and we gave them a free half to even score a goal on us and make history on us. To top it off we were going into the Korea game knowing that we had to win or win, and when that usually happens....................thats when Mexico really shows up its true colors..........and they did, sadly. Nevertheless we are our own worse enemy, its like that, its been like that, and it will be like that.........................things have to change, but that sure does sound awfully familiar.

9. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The burden of proof is on whoever makes the statement. So yes, considering that we both made statements on opposite sides of the spectrum, the burden of proof is just as much on you as it is on me. My reason for mine is that I believe it's natural for somebody to be on a high after being considered probably the best prospect in the league, being a pivotal player in Pachuca's title, and being rumoured to go to Manchester United pre-Olympics. Quite frankly, I'd be surprised if he lacked any sort of confidence going into Rio. What's your reasoning for him being one of the most humble players of his generation? (other than being a father at 20)

I said he under performed and that he was on a high pre-Olympics, as I'm sure he was. Go check the original post. You make it seem like I'm trying to paint him as an arrogant prick. No where did I say that he under performed because he lacked humility. The original post is so short that I don't even know how you're pulling this out.

Lastly, calling out posters that backtrack on prior statements is not as serious as you make it seem. Like you said, it's a message board. I doubt anyone loses any sleep over anything that goes on over here. Of course, when you're heavily invested in being BSMX's very own soccer expert, it's easy to see how such a thing can rub you the wrong way. If I see someone say that they've "always believed in so and so player" despite saying he was a dud four months ago, I'll be sure to call them out, doesn't matter if it's a mod or a newbie. I expect someone to do it to me too.

LGRod repped this.
  10. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ya cojense....

About the NZ molero, I think the main reason it's happening is because of SUM. Skipping the date wasn't an option I believe.

Serg33 and LGRod repped this.
  11. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Even when Asia beats Mexico
    Concacaf still spanks Asia lol

LGRod repped this.
  12. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The Catrachos beat Korea for us. We owe them our allegiance (pern mode :D)

LGRod repped this.
  13. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    [​IMG]

Rebaño_Sagrado, Otaku, Baysic and 7 others repped this.
  14. Whutyoumean

Whutyoumean Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    sorry for responding this late,
    Sorry for responding this late, you're right some players migrate from South America and they don't go through European youth academies, I just think if Hirving is that special he should already be in Europe where the best Football is played, wasting his time in La Liga Mx is only stalling his progress as a player, whether people want to admit it or not the quality of La Liga Mx is really low imo.

don't you think developing in European academies is better than developing in the fuerzas basicas in Mexico? Didn't Gio develop in the Masia, this was a player that had all the potential to become an actual star but he wasted it away sadly..

Meanwhile Hirving is still playing in La Liga mx.. It's just that when people talk about this guy it seems like he's the next great big thing in Mexico Football, but in my opinion Gio was that guy.

DankYummy repped this.
  15. R. Carrillo

R. Carrillo Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Tu si sabes mucho de fútbol.

Sugatot and Estevo repped this.
  16. MalboroDude

MalboroDude Member+

May 31, 2006
    LookingToProperlyIntroduceMyselfToAnIcelandicGirl
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  17. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    Surprising that this thread still had legs.

Missed most of the games because the timing was bad and i didn't care enough to bother going out of my way when i saw the list of refuerzos.

The overage players should have all been offensive players that we could have leaned on. Once Oribe and Pizarro got injured it was obvious that it was over.

How did Torres Nilo and Talavera get called up when neither are great players or solve critical needs?

Oribe and Pizarro looked quite good and were clearly providing the balls that the team needed. Lozano looked terrible and its not surprising since he looked like shit at the Copa America. He's getting over hyped by the media and its clear that he needs a break. Lozano started off strong but he's faded badly and it looks to be exhaustion.

18. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We do not win because we are fat

#nacholibre