2016 NOTRE DAME

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by MRAD12, Jan 8, 2016.

1. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  2. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    #2 Soccerhunter, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    From what I know, it should not take Westendorf too long to nail down a starting position for the Irish in her freshman year. Assuming that she stays up top in college, she will be a scoring threat and a strong contributor in any case. She should show well in the ACC environment.

I have her as an 8.5 in my 10 point scale which means that she would rank about in the top 35 in the country in her class. I do not individually rank order players for my purposes, but in a typical year when I have applied the math, I end up averaging about 6 players with a "10" ranking, perhaps up t0 15 players with a "9" ranking, and and about 50 players with a ranking of "8". (About 100 players ranked 7 and so on...)

I should also add that, looking at a high school aged player's experience and accolades, while meaningful statistically (ie as groups), it can vary widely individually. In other words, I can show that the "10" ranked players have a very high likelihood of being college stars at the best soccer schools, and "9" players will have a similar very high probability of being four year starters at those schools, but that does not guarantee that each individual player will fit that mold. Some kids just peak in high school and fade thereafter. Conversely, some kids who I have ranked "6" will really blossom in a good environment in college and be the stars. Westendorf, who I tab out at an 8.5 has the potential to be super for ND or might end up being a solid role player in the system, but I feel certain that she will be a real plus in any case.... and fun to watch.

Enjoy!

3. Hooked003

Hooked003 Member

Jan 28, 2014
    According to the release, she was a starting forward for the Brazil's u20 WNT that qualified for the the 2016 FIFA U20 WWC. In other words, depending on what resources are allocated by Brazil to the U20 prep, she could miss some or all of the 2016 season. Enrolling early for the term starting in January (as she has done) should make it much easier (from academic point of view) to miss parts or all of the 2016 fall semester.