2016 New York Cosmos match thread.

Discussion in 'New York Cosmos' started by nanoGVSP, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    COSMOS CLIMB TO TOP OF NASL TABLE WITH WIN

It was thorough, it was comprehensive and when it was over and they had defeated Miami FC 3-0 at FIU Park on Saturday night, the New York Cosmos were atop the North American Soccer League spring season standings.

“It’s where we want to be. We’re back on top, but this is a week to week situation and we have to keep on working,” Cosmos coach Giovanni Savarese said. “We can be content with some of the results, but it has to be in our core, in our efforts to continue this way.”

The Cosmos (4-0-2) are level with the Carolina RailHawks with 12 points from six matches, but move ahead on goal differential, the first tiebreaker. Miami FC (0-2-4) remains at the bottom of the table with two points from six matches.

http://www.oneworldsports.com/stories/cosmos-climb-top-table-win

brentgoulet repped this.
  2. NewYorkCosmos

NewYorkCosmos Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    attendence remains a problem, do you have some suggestions?

3. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Diakite header sinks Cosmos in Edmonton

Things just got more complicated for the New York Cosmos.

Facing an opportunity to overtake sole possession of the NASL table, the Cosmos instead fell to FC Edmonton at Clarke Field 2-1. Midfielder Jason Plumhoff and defender Pape Diakite scored for the home side while Yohandry Orozco found net for New York.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/diakite-header-sinks-cosmos-in-edmonton-48151/

5. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm looking forward to this Sunday's game. I seldom go to Cosmos games thinking of what player from the other team I'll get to see, I got to say I'm gonna enjoy seeing Joe Cole out there, if he has half the quality We've seen from him in his EPL days it'll be entertaining. Hope we're able to get the three point though any loss of point would mean kissing the spring championship goodbye.

FootySkeptic and brentgoulet repped this.
  6. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cosmos Top of the Table After Win Over Rival Rowdies

With the other tops teams in the NASL losing out this weekend, the New York Cosmos came up big at home against rival Tampa Bay Rowdies.The Rowdies struck the first blow early in the first half, but the Cosmos rallied to claim their fourth win at home this year 2-1, with Yamsani Duk and Ruben Bover notching their first goals of the season.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/cosmos-top-of-the-table-after-win-over-rival-rowdies-48474/

7. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good win, though Tampa has right to feel aggrieved. I'm pleased with our depth, Bover with nice goal and practically played a full game. Szetela put in 90 min.

Hope Niko's is ok. Is Moffat also Injured?

What a tight spring season, very little room for error!

nanoGVSP repped this.
  8. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Exiting game last night! Back and forth, very physical, we got lucky a couple of times. In the end we got the three points and are still in the race. I'm concerned about Niko, Bover didn't finish the game, I wonder if he's okay and now it seems Philadelphia sold Lahoud to Miami FC ( check player thread) that would leave our midfield decimated. I hope Niko is good to go next week, same w Bover.
    I did like what I saw from Duk, he ran hard the entire game and created some chances, as he gets more minutes it'll be nice to see him w Arango and Bover.
    On a side not the atmosphere before the game was amazing w the food and games, My respect to the Coatians and Portugesse, they both had good samples of food and culture outside and inside the stadium.

oneeyedfool repped this.
  9. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Anyone know anything about the lineup tonight VS Eibar?

10. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nanoGVSP repped this.
  11. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Gio had to get creative, imagine the risk the Cosmos run playing this meaningless game down the final stretch and right before the USOC. Hope we don't get any injuries.
    Looks like a competitive team though.

12. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This guy Watson is he in the B team? I know Mcturk is the captain of the B team, but I hadn't heard it Watson and now he's starting, I would have thought Velela and Calvillo would get a run.

13. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't Watson on RSL's roster a couple of years ago?

Edit:

Watson-Siriboe was drafted in the second round (26th overall) of the 2010 MLS SuperDraft by Chicago Fire.[3] He made his professional debut on April 3, 2010, in a game against Colorado Rapids.

On June 3, 2011, Watson-Siriboe was loaned to FC Tampa Bay in the North American Soccer League for the remainder of the 2011 season.[4] He made his debut for Tampa on June 4, in a 2-1 loss to the Carolina RailHawks.[5] Watson-Siriboe returned to Chicago at the conclusion of the 2011 NASL season.[6]

Watson-Siriboe was traded to Real Salt Lake on June 27, 2012 in exchange for a fourth-round 2014 MLS SuperDraft pick.[7]

On August 11, 2014, Watson-Siriboe was traded to New York City FC in exchange for a fourth-round 2016 MLS SuperDraft pick.[8]

After his release from New York City FC, Watson-Siriboe was placed in the 2015 MLS Re-Entry Draft.

nanoGVSP repped this.
  14. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Looks like there's about 5 people in the stadium. Is that the Nex turf the Cosmos are looking to get? It looks real good!

15. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually it's more like 105 and yeah it looks good... I don't think there was enough Marketing by LaLiga & NASL regarding this friendly.

16. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not even three minutes we're already 0-2, not looking good at all. Holy looks too short for goal on that second goal.

17. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-1 that was a nice pass to Duk for the header!

18. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cosmos started to settle down. Ochieng and Watson scare me though.

19. scottleach

scottleach New Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Springfield, Mo
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    first time watching bein sports. this announcer is about to put me to sleep. are they all like this on bein sports?

20. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That first 10 minutes was rough but we started to pick it up as the half progressed and I think we controlled possession and had the better looks towards the end.... I wonder how many substitutions will be made? I don't see Arango playing too many more minutes.

21. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm watching being in Spanish, the commentators are good, they just don't know much about the Cosmsos. In the beginning of the game they were saying how clear the difference in player quality was, towards half time they admitted that the cosmos started to play better, and looked better organized. If anything we know Gio's teams are organized. I like that they're staying true to their style.

22. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Second half and we got a bunch of changes. Orozco, Arieta, and Bover. Gio going for the win. I just hope we don't get injuries.

23. USAsports6

USAsports6 Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Oct 17, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like Yasmani Duk, I think once he gets healthy he'll be a pain in the ass for NASL teams to deal with. He has a brace tonight.

24. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to see more of Duk and Arrieta on the field together. They combined well for the second goal