2016-17 Classes

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by ThePonchat, Feb 3, 2016.

1. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am surprised there hasn't been a thread for it yet...

Here's the catch-all thread for signing classes. @Sandon Mibut will have his list eventually. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

FLaves repped this.
  2. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. FLaves

FLaves Member

Oct 25, 2011
    fknbuflobo repped this.
  4. WatzBruin

WatzBruin Member

Aug 23, 2011
    LA - SF Valley
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  5. SydneyFan11

SydneyFan11 Member

Apr 13, 2012
  6. SoccerIsOurLife

Feb 14, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Here's hoping Miralles is the playmaker the OSU forwards so desperately need. They have MLS-caliber prospects up top (and a couple in back) but the Beavers had a big-ass hole in the middle last year. If Miralles can help them keep possession and create chances for Mueller and Jones, OSU can be very good.

SoccerIsOurLife and FLaves repped this.
  8. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    Cal Poly's HC Steve Sampson checks in with his first recruiting class (I've shortened their bios from the press release so click on link to read more):

Sebastian Herran (F/MF)
    Appearing the last three years for U.S. Soccer Development Academy program Kendall Soccer Academy, Herran helped his SAA Real Madrid side to the Florida State Cup and U.S. Youth Soccer Region III titles in 2012 and 2013.

Daniel Malki (F/MF)
    Currently a 31-goal scorer during his senior season at Pinnacle HS, Malki has also chipped in 14 assists and helped his squad to a 20-2 mark. Malki remains a candidate for the 2016 Arizona Gatorade Player of the Year award. Malki is the younger brother of two-time All-Big West Conference selection and former Mustang midfielder George Malki (2010-13).

Braden Myus (F/MF)
    Having captained U.S. Soccer's South Carolina United Battery Development Academy squad at U-18 level, Myus totaled 57 appearances for the side and compiled 14 assists during his final season. He's also a member of the Olympic Development Program Region III player pool.

Diego Alonso (MF)
    Member of U.S. Soccer's San Jose Earthquakes Development Academy squad at U-15/16 and U-17/18 levels.

Kenneth Higgins (MF)
    Higgins appeared during the 2014-15 season for U.S. Soccer's Strikers FC Development Academy squad. He was named to the Best XI team at the 2014 U.S. Youth Soccer National Championships.

Luciano Trasolini (GK)
    Trasolini joined MLS's Vancouver Whitecaps FC's residency program in 2011. He has previously represented Canada with the U-17 national team and is currently a member of the U-20 men's national team player pool.

Link to full article: http://gopoly.com/sports/msoc/2015-16/releases/20160224rw7wab

9. Monroe duck

Monroe duck Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Question for the collective minds. Kid "A" announced on his academy team page as signing with college X. However his name wasn't mentioned in college X recruiting announcement that came out a couple of weeks after signing day.

oversight?
    issue?
    admission delay?

Thoughts?

10. SoccerIsOurLife

Feb 14, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like an eligibility issue that needs time to be resolved. Admissions needing ACT or SAT scores, or improved scores before school makes an announcement? Coaches do not like it to look bad for the player when they prematurely announce them and then the student cannot get admitted. I am just speculating based on past history I have seen with my son's teammates.

TCS35 repped this.
  11. Monroe duck

Monroe duck Member

Dec 19, 2014
    That is sort of what I suspected and didn't want to call anyone out etc. Hopefully it all gets worked out for everyone.

12. Monroe duck

Monroe duck Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Clemson has not put out any official summary release however they have a link to their signing day.
    http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewAr...04&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=210684514

NCSU last year they had two announcements. I expect some other additions for NCSU.
    http://gopack.com/news/2016/2/26/mens-soccer-packfooty-adds-five-newcomers.aspx

Interesting one to me is DUKE.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.d...833&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=210685420

However since this was put out two of these have signed contracts to play elsewhere.

13. furbolH5O

furbolH5O New Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  14. Monroe duck

Monroe duck Member

Dec 19, 2014
  15. Monroe duck

Monroe duck Member

Dec 19, 2014
    with UNC having the #1 class, 3) virgina, 8) wake 12) duke 22) ND the acc is going to be a difficult place for anyone to break into the top.

16. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    Sampson has added 5 more recruits to make a big class. We'll see who sticks ... we've already had a few starters leave the program this spring for various reasons. The newbys:

Christian Enriquez (Midfielder)
    A member of Nomads SC U.S. Soccer Development Academy program, Enriquez helped his side to U.S. Youth Soccer national championships in 2013 and 2014. He failed to miss a start in 42 matches with Nomads SC during the 2014-15 season and finished with 11 goals. A four-year honor roll selection at Helix HS, Enriquez plans to major in kinesiology.

Payton Hatch (Midfielder)
    A four-year letterwinner at Patrick Henry HS and three-year starter, Hatch was an All-Eastern League first team selection as a junior. As a senior this past year, Hatch helped Henry HS concede just 13 goals while getting forward to score twice himself. At club level, Hatch competed for Crusaders SC.

Jacob Lindberg (Forward)
    A four-year letterwinner at Rancho Bernardo HS, Lindberg scored 12 times and added 15 assists during his senior year. An 11-time goalscorer as a junior last year, Lindberg helped Rancho Bernardo HS to a California Interscholastic Federation San Diego Section runner-up finish as a sophomore in 2014. He joins Cal Poly from Albion SC. An honor roll candidate at Rancho Bernardo HS, Lindberg intends to major in mechanical engineering at Cal Poly.

Eddie Melgoza (Defender)
    A member of the Sacramento Republic FC U.S. Soccer Development Academy for the past four years, Melgoza recently served as captain of the squad, as well as with San Juan Soccer Academy. The program's Most Valuable Player selection at Woodland HS as a freshman, Melgoza intends to major in civil engineering.

Dany Pulido (Attacking Midfielder)
    A 2015 NSCAA All-America first team honoree and member of the NSCAA Junior College Best XI at Hartnell College (Salinas, Calif.), Pulido arrives at Cal Poly after scoring 13 career goals and adding 18 assists for the Panthers. A two-time All-Monterey Bay League first team selection (2013-14) at Alisal HS, Pulido helped the program to a pair of league titles, a 2013 CIF Central Coast Section championship and a 38-4-5 combined record. A scholar-athlete selection at Alisal HS, Pulido intends to major in psychology.

Link: http://www.gopoly.com/sports/msoc/2016-17/releases/20160517te3wj1

17. Monroe duck

Monroe duck Member

Dec 19, 2014
  18. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas