2015 U-17 World Cup

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Radu Razvan, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
  2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    When does it start?

3. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Luigi408 repped this.
  4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  5. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think we'll go 1-1-1 in the group stage a win against honduras, draw with Mali, and lose to Belguim we advance as second.

6. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    African teams are very good at this level. Wouldn't be a surprise if Ecuador beats Belgium.

7. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Winning 2-0 so far. I don't if this says more about Ecuador or Honduras. But we're playing some good possession soccer.

8. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    these teams have faced each other before Ecuador won 2-0 i believe looks like we are going to repeat or have a higher score line.

9. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    3-1 Victory for our boys a win top of the group at the end of the day now. Our next game is against Mali a win here secures us going into the next round. Mali tied Belgium 0-0 early today. I thought our team would struggle without Casquete and Tello. good to see we are doing good without them.

10. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The team looked good. Pretty much owed all game. These kids are actually 17 years old and I'm happy they did good lol. By the way. That first goal was fantastic.

11. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great Victory, after all the controversy I would love fr this team to have a great tournament.

12. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What a golazo by guerrero,kids looked pretty good.we'll have to see how they do against Mali.

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dang if. Mali is winning already. I think Ecuador is being outplayed badly!

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They are probably around 25 themselves. Lol

15. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuador can beat Belgium. When they faced mali they were completely out matched and lucky to not have lost 5-0 although we lost against Mali is was due to really bad defending. Their first goal shouldnt have happened (why would ur kick the ball to the side kick it up the field) and their second goal shouldn't have either (how do you miss 2 headers when u arent pressured).

Pervis is just a phenomenal player i hope he goes to Europe after this i can see him in wc Russia 2018. In all honestly we have enough to make it to the next round. The strongest teams thus far are Germany, Mali, France, Nigeria, and Paraguay

Radu Razvan repped this.
  16. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    The African teams are really good at U17 level. Hard to beat them. Nigeria have won 4 titles. Impressive.

17. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We'll have a shot vs. Belgium! Let's see how things shake up...

18. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If the USA fail to win then Ecuador will be guaranteed a place in the next round as a top 3rd place place. If Ecuador fail to beat Belguim they will most likely face Nigeria or South Korea. If Ecuador wins and Mali draw 1 or more points than Ecuador will face either Russia or Costa Rica. If Ecuador win and Mali lose Ecuador will face England, South Africa, North Korea, New Zealend or Syria.

Ecuador will be looking to avoid Nigeria in the next round. I think we can go deep in this tournament but i highly doubt we'll win it. Teams like Nigeria, Germany, France, Paraguay, and Mali are the most likely contenders.

19. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Solid win today against Belgium. Held onto the ball nicely and really isolated that midfield that Belgium had with Mangala. Cevallos looks so confident in goal. We would be contenders in my eyes if we were a bit taller and stronger. We've been out muscled in almost every one on one in these last two games.

Here's to hoping they go far though !

20. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuadors win means they'll face either Russia or Costa Rica. Opponents we can handle imho. The real challenge comes next when we'll most likely play Germany the next round.

Pervis had another fantastic game, Corozo did well and Cevallos came clutch.

21. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Pretty good game. Very happy for these kids. What's our best record for U17 World Cup? I agree with being out muscle compare to some opponents. The kids need to start bulking up a bit and getting better weight training. Still, them Africans look like they are 25 years old lol. If we had age related controversies, there is no way Africa doesn't do the same lol.

22. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    All roads lead to Korea it seems huh

23. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Through the group stages I think we can agree this team looks solid. Most of these kids seem to know how to play the game well. You can see that when they're on the ball they don't panic; they pick their head up and look for the best pass.

From the teams that they've played, Mali was easily the toughest opponent. Mali were literally all over the place, they were too physical and covered more ground as a team. That being said, I see Mali as one of the favorites. Against Belgium and Honduras you can see that the team was confident; passing the ball very well and controlling the game.

From the players that we have, I think it's obvious Pervis Estupiñan is our stand out player. The commentators know it as well. I haven't been following LDUQ lately but I'm under the assumption he gets first team minutes. Although it is too early to call, I think he will be the next Left Back for the NT. He plays with so much confidence, has good technical ability and has incredible stamina. It's because he's so young that he looks promising. The center back Quintero looked like a good player as well. He played well against Mali despite being sent off. A lot of the times he was making up for mistakes caused by the other center back Peña. As for the midfielders and the forwards, Guerrero looked solid as well as Cortez.

Let's hope these kids play well in the knockout stages. I have confidence that we can reach the quarter finals. From there on, we'll have to wait and see.

24. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuador will face Russia in the Round of 16. We got to be in the weaker side of the bracket which is a good thing we avoid teams like Mali, Germany, and France. I think we can take Russia and move to the quarterfinals where we will face Mexico most likely or Chile and these are teams we can handle. We've beaten them in qualifiers and the Copa Naciones tourney (although Mexico was split into A and B). I can see us making semis at the most, Nigeria will be our toughest opponent to get through in order to be in the final.

25. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Let's not get too overconfident at this level- much of the intelligence and strategy that we see in the pros doesn't always equate to the way teenage tournaments work. Much of the challenge will be contingent on what team has more stamina or lucky breaks on goal...we've fielded talented teams before, and have been disappointed by less, at the youth levels, so our guys need to show that emotional intelligence and not imagine themselves raising a trophy four games before the final.

The one good thing coming from going deep in the tournament will be exposure- plain and simple. We've never gone deep enough in a FIFA sanctioned tournament to understand the power that recruiters and big teams have on sniping/poaching talent. That place is crawling with recruiters who are waiting to see who advances to start taking notes. The deeper we go, the more heads will turn, and the higher the likelihood we'll see transfer abroad- at that young age!!!!! :D