2015 Open Cup Thread

Discussion in 'New York Cosmos' started by oneeyedfool, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Tonight's game is the first in the Garden State in nearly 24 years.

A Cosmos Reunion match was held at Giants Stadium on July 21, 1991. 31,871 supporters turned out to watch two squads of 52 Cosmos alumni compete in a doubleheader. The Cosmos lost 5-0 to a squad of Italian masters and played to a 0-0 draw against a similarly composed Brazilian select side.

http://www.funwhileitlasted.net/?s=cosmos+reunion

2. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #53 Bklyn Royals Fan, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    We clearly missed Ayoze and Roversio, guess those injuries did not heal in time.

brentgoulet and Sam U El repped this.
  3. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back in from the match. We were poor defensively and suffered for it. Being down Ayoze alongside Roversio was too much against this level. Kudos to the supporters groups for bringing their A game, it was fun to sit in that section. At least we have the NYC FC match YouTube video to cherish... Until next year.

4. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where there any tifo displays?

5. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We did miss those two in the back, when I didn't see Robersio and Ayoze back there I knew we where gonna have a rough time controlling their attacking players. Caceres looked like he strugled the entire night against Abang, every time the ball when this way I cringed. Gorskie made a childish mistake in getting beat to a ball close to the box and the compounded the problem by fouling the guy when in fact there was another defender helping out, Gorkies worst game. What surprised me was how bad Freman was defending, both goals one and two were on him. On the first goal he didn't track his man, on the second he tracked his man but forgot to jump! Completely a bad night defensively. Maurer was the only saving grace in the back, Mendes held his own as well.
    In the middle hats off to Senna, he just keeps that ball, calms it down and moves it well. Setela did well he got beat a couple of times but always gave the effort and never backs down from a challenge. Restrepo made those suckers dance Cumbia a couple of times! That ball control was amazing to a fault a couple of times. I like what Restrepo brings, that attacking flair and one on one ability is not easy to come by. When he left we lost the entire surprise element. Fernandez had a bad game, specially in the beginning of the second half he had a couple of chances that could have turned it around. Flores didn't do much, but Raul didn't really change that when he came in. Lucky was the man up front he ran all the balls down and brought danger to their box time and time again. Not our best game but RB won fair and square, I just would have liked to see Roversio, Ayoze, and sorry to say no Raul, IMO Mads would have ran harder and supported Lucky better. Till next year... Or maybe we can have some sort of of season NY cup, that would be cool.

brentgoulet repped this.
  6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2016 LH USOC Third Round
    NASL teams enter in this round.

Wednesday, June 1
    NY Cosmos v. NY Pancyprian Freedoms/Jersey Express winner

Fourth Round is June 15.