2015 NWSL Mock Draft (Volume #1, Edition 1.0)

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by WPS_Movement, Jan 22, 2014.

1. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
  2. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chicago needs an outside back too.

3. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    % Odds of winning the award for NWSL Rookie of the Year
    Sofia Huerta (18%) (she has the best chance to score the most goals of any rookie in this draft)
    Arin Gilliland (15%) (will play in every game, unlike Brian who will be away for much of the season)
    Morgan Brian (12%) (may rack up enough points & could still get this award esp. if the Dash make playoffs)
    Stephanie McCaffrey (10%) (this % goes up even more if drafted by Boston, as she'd be a starter immediately)
    Shea Groom (9%) (don't sleep on her, she may make a huge splash immediately on the attack from day one)
    Sarah Killion (7%) (has an outside chance, especially if she can rack up some assists. dark-horse pick for award)
    Abby Dahlkemper (5%) (would have to have a great rookie season as a defender on a solid defensive team)
    Samantha Mewis (5%)
    Daphne Corboz (4%)
    Danielle Colaprico (4%)
    Kristen Grubka (3%)
    Chioma Ubogagu (3%)
    Remainder of Rookie Field Combined (5%)

Prediction
    Arin Gilliland wins this award after having a season much like Ali Riley had as a rookie back in 2010.
    That's what the prophecy states.

4. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
  5. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I ask for forgiveness in advance, as I don't think KC will be able to get home-towner Shea Groom in the draft by #12. Much better fit for our squad than Marlborough was last year. Would fit in great with the Silva/Tymrak/Laddish group.

6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  7. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  8. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Problem is those increased opportunities r mostly for amateurs not professionals. It's not bad enough they wont get paid but ur asking them to leave school before graduating to not get paid.

9. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  10. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  11. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Apparently there r two suitors for the Chicago picks. Id guess KC is one and maybe Boston the other.

12. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    What does Boston have to offer anyone? Maybe if they didn't trade that first round pick....

13. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Naeher or Mewis... maybe Kallman. That's pretty much it. Maybe they could do something like 2016 First Round Pick + some less quality player (like Jones or Marlborough). That 2016 1st round pick will likely be a high one too...

14. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you in that I don't understand why Grubka is really who people think Chicago will take. They NEED an outside back.

15. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I go back and forth with this. I actually think both Hemmings and Quon (doesn't make WWC squad) will be with Chicago all season. Center back, midfielder, and forward is what they are missing. And I kind of have the opinion that if you have a top 5 pick you go with the best available player. Which at 5 IMO is Grubka. I don't see harm in taking her to free up Johnston at dmid.

Prediction for best available at 5 for Chicago: Grubka, Colaprico, Huerta. (Yes I think Colaprico and Huerta are better attacking prospects then my beloved Shea Groom. Who would you choose?

16. ricardo17

ricardo17 Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Houston can get one of those picks.They can offer Klingenberg+13th pick.

kernel_thai repped this.
  17. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They aren't missing at CB. They have Hemmings, Johnson, and even Wenino + Johnston & Erceg when not with their respective NT's. I think that with the talent of outside backs this draft, they should go with someone like Gilliland or Hinkle who can compete for a spot with Quon, Hemmings, and Wenino. The thing is, Quon is a liability and doesn't offer what someone like Gilliland can offer. Not to mention she is versatile.

18. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    ooh, if I'm Chicago I'll jump on that. Theres the small problem of her going to the world cup but you get a free world class outside back after the world cup. Also they can still get a decent pick at 13

19. ricardo17

ricardo17 Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Houston would probably want both the 5th and 8th picks.Would Chicago give them both up for Klingenberg and the 13th pick.

20. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    If I was making this decision I say yes. It is high time Chicago get some veterans. And I'm sure it will make Press happy to play with Kling at the club level again.

21. liesse00

liesse00 Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lunatica repped this.
  22. ricardo17

ricardo17 Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    It would really benefit Houston as they can get Groom at #5 to provide an option up top and Grubka at #8 to strenghten the backline.

23. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If Houston is going to trade Klingenberg they need to get a pick plus a defender. If they got Taryn Hemmings for example she could start for them at either CB or OB depending on who they got with the pick. If they ended up with say Gilliland and Hemmings for the whole season that worth more to them than Klingenberg for half a season. Chicago still has Johnson and can use the pick they have left to take Grubka to replace Hemmings. The deal works for everyone.

24. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If they could get both picks then either Groom or Huerta at #5 and Grubka at #8 would set them up nicely for the season. I would prefer Huerta who they could play in the center. With Groom they would likely move Henderson to CF