2015-2016 Liga NOS Summed Up in One Video

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by SCP_16, May 14, 2016.

1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Deny it all you want. Talk all the sh*t you want. They just arrested a bunch of players and personnel from Oliveirense and Leixoes, but they still have not arrested the biggest corrupt cheating cvnt in Portugal.

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This is nothing new. The Liga and it's refs are majority Benfica fans if not socios. Has always been that way only their team has managed to suck so bad that they couldn't be dominant. Now they are a good side so there is no stopping them either they win clean or they get help when they are on the back foot. Nothing new except their team is stronger to take full advantage. 2004 was a joke 2009 was a bigger joke the past 3 years was a joke but they could have won at least 2 on merit alone. Unfortunately their inside socios always have to show their face so on merit alone in Portugal they will never really get to see.

What always killed me was Apito douardo. Porto winning games on merit but claims the refs were bought meanwhile Benfica was getting opposing players falsely redded PK's blatantly not called against and a dubious PK a almost every single game and there was no calls of corruption? Just ridiculous when if calls are 50/50 but all the fouls in favour of one team is in their opponents final third and all the calls for the other team are in their own half or in middle of the field....yeah 50/50 my ass.

3. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    It has been this was for years. PDC had to pull all the stops to fight corruption with corruption but you can't fight Benfica forever, they have their people, in all positions. You can bribe them for a while but they will always help Benfica out. Apito Dourado was all crap. Benfica socios and diehard fans investigating the league. LOL

4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  5. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    LOL so we were crap in those times yet poor PDC had to fight corruption with corruption to beat crappy Benfica ? From 95 to 2004 we were lost and crap. Mostly won by Porto. The real funny thing is that Porto were a good team and did not need to cheat. Epito Dourado was crap only as far as not investigating all teams including Benfica and Sporting. All teams have dipped into the illegal influence practice over the years. The last time Sporting won the league it was a joke to Jardel and his PKs.

6. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Winning games on merit ? OMG OMG too funny. I remember shots bouncing off the Porto crossbar hit two feet across the goal line and called no goal.

7. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Bottom line for me is as such guys, in all honesty. If you guys want to call Benfica corrupt and all that, go ahead. Just dont try to play the innocent/victim card....most teams have some skeletons in the closet. It simply is what Portugal as a country is.

8. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    No fruta e cafe com leite, no titles in the early years. Now cafe com leite is cheap and more money is required to control the system.

9. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    So the only thing keeping you guys from continuing is not having more money ?

10. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    #10 BatatasFritas, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    I would say talent is the big issue along influence and money. A lot of people profiting off of Porto and PDC can't do much about it and this is this season is the obvious result.
    The tide is changed from blue to red, maybe green next? who knows. We both know that there is tons of corruption going on and even when caught, the evidence is tainted and case dismissed.

I've always admitted to PDC being corrupt and call it like it is. Benfica has all kinds of influence these days. Not crying about it, just stating it.

11. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah I remember that it didn't cross the line and Benfica fans came up with these graphs and used reference lines to show that it did.....Unless you actually looked at it and realized the bullshit the whole thing. Where the line started one place and ended in a different place relative to where it started on the opposite side was totally different just to make it seem that the ball was over. Classic nonsense.

12. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who said you guys were corrupt? The Liga and Refs are lifelong fans, no one has to pay them off.

SCP_16 repped this.
  13. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yup Braga has tons of skeletons like when we payed off those British refs in the EL semi finals....oh wait we don't have the money for that and they aren't known for match fixing. Guess it was a fair game...and we moved on. Never Forget what happens when your fans aren't the refs.:cool:

14. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Never accused your team or any other smaller team of paying off anyone but it is also wrong to accept a pay off as it is to do the paying off. I also said "most" teams have skeletons. In years past for example, if they had a player on loan from Porto or Benfica, that player would never play against Benfica or Porto. This is just a small example. There are plenty more.

15. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Porto started the trend of not allowing loaned players to play against them because of an own goal by a loaned player that caused some controversy. PDC decided to not allow loaned players to play against Porto after that.

16. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #16 SCP_16, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016

This is pretty much how I feel about it. But this year was blatantly obvious more than ever that the refs were favoring SLB. I'm sure Vitor Pereira's homosexual relationship with LFV helped.