2015-2016 Attendance Thread

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by kenntomasch, Oct 27, 2015.

1. waynecorp

waynecorp Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Club:
    BYU Cougars
    Buy the looks of it on TICKETMASTER the Sunday playoff game at Missouri will be a sellout , about 70% are sold as of Wednesday NIGHT!! So far the Blast have only about 2500 Tickets sold for Fridays game versus Syracuse, I dont see how they will get over 5k for that game which will be a huge let down. Syracuse is marketing game 2 at their home versus Baltimore as the biggest game in franchise history, would love to see over 3500 for their home game.

Mkewavefan10 repped this.
  2. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Thursday, March 10th

Sonora @ San Diego - 2,220

3. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Friday, March 11th

Missouri @ Milwaukee - 2,717
    Syracuse @ Baltimore - 4,041

4. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Saturday, March 12

Las Vegas @ Brownsville - 1,183
    San Diego @ Sonora - 7,000

5. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Sunday, March 13

Baltimore @ Syracuse - 2,042
    Milwaukee @ Missouri - 3,004

6. waynecorp

waynecorp Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Club:
    BYU Cougars
    Sonora largest playoff crowd of this years playoffs , maybe last few years ! Basically two to three times every other playoff game .

7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And such a round number, too! ;)

Monterrey (in a bigger building) exceeded that twice last year: 7,028 for the semi and 8,783 for the final. Before that, you have to go back to 3/16/2013 when the Blast drew 8,704 for the final to find a 7k+ announced crowd.

8. waynecorp

waynecorp Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Club:
    BYU Cougars
    Just watched the game there was only 3k at the game, stadium seats 8k and entire upper deck was empty!

9. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was that the one where the goalie scored from distance?

10. waynecorp

waynecorp Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Club:
    BYU Cougars
    Yes

11. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Monday, March 14

Brownsville @ Las Vegas - 403

12. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So....that didn't happen.

That actually did happen. (That they didn't break 5k.)

Nope.

Just SAYING it's a big game...even it BEING a big game...doesn't necessarily mean ticket bonanza.

Syracuse - whose owner, let us not forget, famously predicted they would "easily" sell out every game their first year - simply cannot sell sufficient tickets to make it work. They have never been able to.

I do not believe they have the wherewithal to sell tickets. For a while, it appeared they did not have sufficient people devoted to the task, and given how they said they cut expenses going into this year, I would be surprised if their efforts and staffing were more robust now.

There are precious few indoor players who can sell tickets by virtue of their abilities or personalities. Team performance can neither be guaranteed nor counted on to be a driver of ticket sales. The overall experience has to compete with a variety of other entertainment options. With all those challenges, it's really difficult to do this, even when you try hard. And I do not believe many teams have the ability to devote the resources to try hard.

SteveCo and EnricoSharke repped this.
  13. waynecorp

waynecorp Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Club:
    BYU Cougars
    Was at the Cuse' home game and it was disappointing another 500 or so would have been great, on the bright side I sat with a large group and all I talked to actually bought and paid for a ticket, looks like they really cut back on any freebies for that game! Baltimore having Under 5k was predictable with so few tix sold before game day. Lets hope 6k can show up in charm city for game 2 versus Missouri !

14. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    We all sound like puppy love 18 year olds

She is gorgeous
    She acknowledged me
    If she'll just go out with me
    I KNOW I can win her over
    She just has to say yes

Yes rarely comes in indoor soccer. Sadly a 6000 crowd is fantastic considering

As soon as the AHL owners show up with their teams we'll be ok

SteveCo repped this.
  15. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    MASL Playoffs - Western Conference Game 1
    Las Vegas @ Sonora - 6,841

Las Vegas took an early lead and held on for the 13-9 victory. Game 2 (and possible Game 3) tonight (3/24/16).

Joey Tee repped this.
  16. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    First, let me say the Atmosphere at a Sonora game looks incredible (Indoor soccer incredible that is )

Entire lower bowl packed on a Wed night is terrific! Not 1 person in the upper deck though

.... SO I'm not as bright as my man Louie;)... or a Harvard grad, but doesn't that place hold like 8,000 or so? Upper and Lower look about the same seating capacity. (Upper to me looks like it holds a bit more )

So how again do they come up with almost 7,000? Not knocking.. just sayin

SteveCo repped this.
  17. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    They are using the same formula as St. Louis who announce 6,500 when the 5,000 seat lower bowl is 70% full.

18. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    MASL Playoffs - Eastern Conference Game 1
    Baltimore @ Missouri - 3,011

Baltimore wakes up in the fourth quarter, scores two sixth-attacker goals late to tie the game and then wins the game just six seconds into the overtime. Game 2 (and possible Game 3) in Baltimore Tuesday, March 29th.

19. Sting111

Sting111 Member+

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Wow, talk about leaving things until the very end! I went to get something to drink and came back and the game was over. What was Baltimore doing the previous 55 minutes? The final score is all that matters. Anyone else having issues getting the Western conference game to work?

20. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    GoLiveSportCast.net stream of Western Game 2 is not working. Last update per Facebook is tied at 1 at the end of the first quarter.

21. waynecorp

waynecorp Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Club:
    BYU Cougars
    All tickets were $15 which is a great promo... Disappointing they couldnt get 4k out to see it live. I wonder how much $ teams lose on playoff games , not having the ability to fill up the place with group and youth team pre sales? Over 5,000 in baltimore to warch Blast win game 2 would be nice to see!

22. waynecorp

waynecorp Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Club:
    BYU Cougars
    Nice to see Soles de Sonora with a big enough crowd that a few hundred or so ended up in the upper deck tonight, considering they also played at home last night !

23. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    MASL Playoffs - Western Conference Finals - Game 2
    March 24 , 2016. - Las Vegas @ Sonora - 7,487

Sonora takes Game 2 13 - 10 and then wins Game 3 1 -0

Sonora is your Western Conference Champions and will face either Baltimore or Missouri in the MASL Championship.

24. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    GLS did not work really well for me either for the game in Sonora. It did not work well for the SD series either. ESPN 3 (watched on roku) was a great broadcast for the Blast/Comets game. Hope they use ESPN 3 for the rest of the playoffs.

25. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think the $15 promo is a great idea. I know the Wave have use that promo for the playoffs, but did not know the Comets used it last night. I think all teams should do this for the playoffs ( even regular season) if possible.

waynecorp repped this.