2015/16 Rotherham United

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by Myshoe, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I doubt there's a drug that can make you feel as high as I feel now, what a fantastic night of results.

Neil Warnock's red and white army!

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i'm tellin' ya, myshoe ... Colin and Paddy are gonna keep you up!

edit: I've just seen that Kenny didn't play. but i'm sticking with the co-saviors, regardless.

Myshoe repped this.
  3. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Warnock says signing Kenny has helped keep Camp on his toes. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt considering.

Halford is one of our best players under Warnock and yet both our previous managers snubbed him, I suppose all of his trolling on Twitter was justified. He'll be suspended now though he got a really soft second yellow card straight after we scored.

IvanIV repped this.
  4. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    never leave early, eh?

that would've been a draw worth seeing.

Myshoe repped this.
  5. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #130 Myshoe, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    I was talking to someone at work earlier in the week and he said that one of his friends left with 10mins to go. :confused:

It's been an unbelievable turnaround under Warnock and the scary thing is we're still by no means safe, we'd be cut adrift now if our poor form had continued.

This is the form table for the last 6 games:

[​IMG]

We'd be second joint level with Burnley if you only the counted the previous 5 games.

It's not even as though we've had an easy run in either, 3 wins and a draw against teams battling for the playoffs or automatic promotion.

When msilverstein47 said never to give up on the last page I must admit I thought we were dead and buried at the time. I'm almost crying with happiness and pride now lol.

IvanIV repped this.
  6. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #132 Myshoe, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    We played the last 30 minutes with only 10 men and still beat Leeds after they took advantage and got a fortunate deflected equaliser, we're now top of the form table over the past 6 games. Unbelievable considering how farcicle we were for most of the season, Blackwell and Warnock have worked wonders in the short time they've been here.

We've got Bristol and MK Dons next two games we really need to at least get draws so as not to undo the great work done recently. Derbyshire will be suspended but Danny Ward is a like for like replacement so it shouldn't affect us too much.

IvanIV repped this.
  8. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Derbyshire's red card has been overturned so he's now available, I think the referee only sent him off because of the sight of blood and Leeds players crowding him.

I'm not feeling very confident about tonight, I think Bristol City will be well up for it and I'm a bit concerned we might go into it a bit complacent due to our recent run.

IvanIV repped this.
  10. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    that's a good point today, myshoe, even if it could've been all three. with MKdons losing at home, that's six points between Rotherham and the drop.

even from the bench, Paddy Kenny is pulling your lads up to safety.

Myshoe and IvanIV repped this.
  11. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #136 Myshoe, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    Yep I always felt Bristol City were a bit of a bit of banana skin for us as they have plenty of players who can score goals (Odemwingie on loan etc), at least we've kept them close. We just need to finish the job tomorrow now, we really can't afford to let MK Don's win and get their tails up.

12. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another bugaboo team for us, obviously.. :(

But you guys are 9 points clear of relegation! Well done!

Myshoe repped this.
  13. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    cracking result.

the only thing better than virtually securing safety is virtually sending MKdons down.

IvanIV and Myshoe repped this.
  14. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought Bristol City might do that to us mid week as they can be a dangerous side, they haven't really struggled for goals this season they've just been dodgy at the back.

The result today pretty much sums up the turnaround in our season, opening day MK Don's smashed us 4-1 at home, granted we played like a Sunday league team but hopefully in our recent run we've turned a corner in our transition to being a stable Championship team (fingers and everything crossed). I just hope it doesn't all fall apart again in the summer when key players leave (ie. Grant Ward) and probably Neil Warnock.

IvanIV repped this.
  15. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I know that Ward is still highly rated at Spurs, but it's really tough to see him working his way into their midfield. I'd guess we'll loan him out again next year, and with Rotherham staying up ...

pure speculation, mind.

16. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah but there's likely to be a few bigger clubs interested in his services next season and they'll be more attractive propositions and able to pay more, for example we had Jack Hunt on loan back end of last season and then in the summer he joined Wednesday on loan and has been a key player there this season I think? I wouldn't be at all surprised if Evans goes in for him at Leeds.

I'm not going to worry about next season for the moment anyway as we could be mathematically safe tonight, I'm just going to hope we can finish the job asap and then enjoy the rest of the season/playoffs and then go again in August. :eek:

17. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I was about to say you're as good as safe, as MKdons won't get owt tonight, but then I realized that Charlton are on 36 and are playing Bolton, so it might have to wait a week.

Hell, just take care of 'uddersfelt and that'll be that.

18. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    job done. and with a Paddy Kenny-inspired clean sheet from Lee Camp, to boot.

congrats, myshoe. I told you Colin and Paddy would see you through. *taps nose*

19. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He'll probably end up at Newcastle or something. :(

21. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    adkins out at United. there could be another option for him.

22. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah I was expecting it, after what he has done for us this season it was only ever going to be downhill for him if he stayed on. He leaves a hero having saved us from almost certain relegation.

He'll join a club with genuine promotion chances or the money to achieve it.

Good luck to him I say.

IvanIV repped this.
  24. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Lewis Buxton released, I see. how'd he do with your lot?

25. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He didn't get a look in latter half of the season, he's probably one of the higher earners and surplus to requirements. He's been out with a couple of injuries as well so it's probably too much of a risk to keep him as a squad player.

IvanIV repped this.