2015-16 Bundesliga Thread

Discussion in 'FC Schalke 04' started by cortisoljunkie, Jun 26, 2015.

1. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The explanation today is that he wanted to transfer going back to the end of last season. I just cannot fathom how this club is meant to compete in 3 competitions without any kind of replacement for one of the few outstanding players (when healthy) they had.

2. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    So it's all a bit shit.. but if we tried to find a suitable replacement immediately, it would be like shopping on an empty stomach. Chances are the club would make a poor choice in the rush and deadline.

I think, numerically, we can manage until the Christmas break. This gives about 14 weeks to define what we want to replace Draxler and to have a good look and think about player who fits the bill.

3. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I totally get what you mean. The thing is, Heldt is today making it seem like Draxler has been keen on a transfer for months. If this is the case (and I have my doubts) there was PLENTY of time to look into a replacement.

This whole business about stuff going down at the last minute (and in some cases missing the deadline!) is maddening to me. I can't see how the sport is served by having this madness taking place weeks into the season.

4. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    cirumstances were that we have a 160 Mio debt and we are building a new Youth stadium.
    36 Mio for Draxler was a good price and there is still a transfer window in January.

Kostic is so much ovverrated and not worth spending 20 Mio for him

5. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really do understand the financial situation, and the price WAS good. Even so, I have two big problems:

1) Per Bild (and thus to be taken with a grain of salt) Breitenreiter was not in the loop on this: http://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport/fussball/andre-breitenreiter/schlaegt-draxler-alarm-42429506
    What kind of shit is that?

2) In my 19 years of following this club, I cannot recall another August where the powers that be let it be known that they had no expectation of a successful season. No, I did not think there was any chance there was enough talent for a run at the top 3...but the performance on the pitch last Friday followed by this move gives the impression this is going to be an awful 9 months.

cortisoljunkie repped this.
  6. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    FC Schalke 04 launches online store in the US
    Another step towards FC Schalke 04’s internationalization is complete after the club opened an online store for fans in the USA on Thursday, September 3. American fans of the Royal Blues can now get their hands on S04 merchandise at schalke04store.com

more here

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #33 Epitome990, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/schalke/so-plant-breitenreiter-ohne-draxler-42459452.bild.html

Now that summer transfers are all complete, Breitenreiter is moving forward with 3 new alternative lineup options now. The defensive line remains constant with Caicara, Matip, Neustadter, and Aogo. I guess Howedes still needs a bit more time before he's ready again. Geis and the Hojbjerg are also the favored central midfield partnership. The 3 variations revolve around whether Sane, Goretzka, and/or Meyer are inserted into the starting XI.

Option 1 is a 4-4-2. Sane take over Draxler's spot as LW. EMCM at RW, with Huntelaar and Di Santo as double strikers.

Option 2 is the same formation but Goretzka at RW instead and EMCM moved to LW. And same two up top.

Option 3 is 4-5-1 with EMCM/Meyer/Sane as the attackers and Huntelaar being the lone striker.

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Sane picks up a hand injury and has to withdraw from training with the U21 youth NT. No timeline set on return but it shouldn't be serious. However, this should mean the Goretzka or Meyer option will be considered first when everyone returns from. Although I rate Goretzka more as a six, he has tremendous versatility and can play out wide quite capably. I'd also like to see Meyer get a start to see more of how he does in this new system.

9. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess all the young players have to make quite a big step in their development this year so thatthere is any chance for us to qualify for the CL next season.

I was always for keeping Heldt but selling Draxler and offering a 20m fee and 5m salary for Kostic and still not getting him. That was just a horrible end to the transfer period. Wish we could get Heidel as his replacement but can't see him leaving Mainz.

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    In the long run, it's probably for the best that you guys didn't end up signing Kostic for that amount. 20m is way overpriced, I would pay 15m max and that is already pushing it. Selling Draxler on deadline day with no time left for an adequate replacement is no doubt poor decision making. But it's worth giving a shot to the youngsters and see how they do for at least the Hinrunde. If by the winter transfer period, and you still have a need for reinforcements I'd go for some fresh new targets. For about 10m, you could invest in other talents with high ceilings like Praet (Anderlecht), Pjaca & Coric (Dinamo Zagreb), El Ghazi (Ajax), or Zivkovic (Partizan Belgrade).

11. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have no problems that we didn't sign Kostic for that ridiculous price. I'm angry that we were willing to.

Yes, we can strengthen the squad in the winter transfer period but most of our games are in the next couple of months. Breitenreiter has to run our offense into the ground because there are so few options. We needed an additional player instead we lost one of our most important ones. I could take it easier if we had gotten a clause to buy Hojberg at the end of the loan spell but we don't.

CCinGermany repped this.
  12. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been a while since I have been as satisfied with a home win as I was yesterday.

13. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lets hope they can keep it up. There are some grueling weeks coming up.

14. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that is 3 wins in a row since I threw in the towel on the season! :speechless:

15. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    #41 cortisoljunkie, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    Please retrieve said towel and throw again. Repeat every 3 weeks until May 2016. cheers :)

Ralle can have my babies.

16. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Alarm set for 3:45am on a weekday... just time zones things :coffee::confused:

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Yeah, I've had to stay overtime at work till 10pm once in order to make phone calls to you Aussies. :p

18. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Leroy's composure, to think his way through that path to goal... :inlove:

10 days. 4 games. 4 victories. 8 goals.

Now to make up for that catastrophe in the last game of last season at Hamburg!

19. Huckeye

Huckeye Member+

St Pauli
    May 31, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nein

20. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So will we start seeing "Sane to EPL" rumors by January or will it take until next summer?

21. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tottenham already offered 12m for him in the summer transfer window.

CCinGermany repped this.
  22. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha, I should have known. Seems pretty clear he is the next young Schalker to generate breathless transfer "rumor" posts online.

23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Expect offers of 40 mio this winter. ;)

24. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club: