2014 FIFA World Cup™ Semi-Finals: Germany vs Brazil| Tuesday, Jul 8, 3:00 PM

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014 - Knockout Rounds' started by soccerfan93, Jul 4, 2014.

1. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kroos will play I am sure. Özil hopefully not.

2. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #77 Borussia, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    Sure. LOOL.

Germany was without Ballack in the WC final 2002 ... nevertheless, they played their best match of the tournament against Brazil. And Brazil has the support of the crowd on Tuesday, nearby 2 days more rest.

I doubt that.

So Brazil is just about Neymar & Silva? They have enough top players (like no other nation) to replace them. It's funny to notice how some media and fans try to make the hosts being outsiders against Germany.

And Germany has to cope without Reus (best BL player).

Guinho and roxbury repped this.
  3. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I disagree. Other than Lahm, Kroos is the one player we can't replace. I also don't think that crosses will amount to much, the Brazilian back line looks solid there. I think here, Germany needs to play a possession game. Sit back and control the ball. Brazil will come blazing at us. If we can weather that initial storm, the eventual mistake will happen and open a path for us.

Actually, I think this might actually be the game Löw has been preparing for all along with his 4-CB back line. So it wouldn't surprise me to see Lahm back in DM for this one.

Roland25 and MatthausSammer repped this.
  4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #79 Borussia, Jul 5, 2014
    Oh yes, Brazil has always been known for being physical and not technical (in contrast to Germany). ;-))

Brazilians are never inferior to any other nation considering the purely footballing aspect ... and you should be smart enough to know that.

Haha, another laugher.

Who cares about your prediction?

Wow, another so-called expert. :D

LoewenBoy, Deep Pal, jerrito and 2 others repped this.
  5. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes, Germany will win this easily, Borussia! ;)

6. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I honestly think your fondness of Klose (whom I definitely respect as a player as well) clouds the view of the ref, whom the German friend I watched with (as well as media after the game) thought did a very good job. Also, total fouls: France 15, Germany 18. I'm just saying...

7. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I feel very bad for Neymar. But yes, other teams lost very valuable players at some point leading up to the cup. For my team, Montolivo had become a very important player, and Giuseppe Rossi was not chosen most likely due to not being fully recovered from injury. Both players could have had significant impact on Italy's play. It happens every tournament, unfortunately.

8. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well you seem to be a Brazilian lover and Germany hater writing shit after shit. Brazil is a fighter team like no one else but mostly due to the fact the cup is in Brazil and they have the fans behind them. And secondly they are certainly not a tactical and technically good team. Certainly not. But I think you cant see any tactical advantages for other nations or whatever? They play in their country with their climate conditions with lots and lots of great fans. They are 100% the favorites. But that shouldnt matter...

And Neymar IS the player of the tournament. Everyone talked and talks about him. He is the best player of Brazil. Now he is gone. That helps Germany. Doesnt decide the match yet of course. We'll see.

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'll admit I'm still a bit better about the result ;) (just kidding... alright maybe just a little) though worth noting Nesta, who at the time was possibly the world's top defender, in 2006 got injured in the group stage against the Czechs and wasn't able to go in the knockout stages. And we all know what would happen after...

That being said Neymar and Thiago Silva being out is huge. Really a huge football tragedy in the case of the former, considering what he was meaning to the entire Brazilian nation (at least if media reports are true about how every Brazilian seemed to be wearing a Neymar Jr. #10 jersey), and the fact he is the superior talent Brazil has in the offensive third of the field.

jerrito repped this.
  10. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, I'm a Germany hater. Do you feel better now? Be happy that you "super soccer brain" won't have to read my shit in this thread anymore ... as I'm off to Bella Italia soon.

11. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Both are big losses without a doubt. But a team who wins the World Cup must overcome these things. It is part of the difficulty of winning one. But it can be done.

Nesta being out looked like an enormous loss when it happened. But others became better like Materazzi, as strange as it sounds. That defense ended up only allowing and own goal and a penalty.

roxbury and SuperSebGrimaldi repped this.
  12. FilipeMB

FilipeMB Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I strongly disagree. Messi and Robeens are the players of the tournament...

13. jaycrewz

jaycrewz Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    :eek:

You cheeky bloke you :laugh:

14. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #89 Redshift, Jul 5, 2014
    First, let me say that Brasilians have tremendous respect for Germany, which we consider one of the true giants of international football. I attended the 2006 match in Frankfurt where we were eliminated by France. Instead of coming home after the match, I decided to explore a bit, and fell in love with your beautiful country--and with your team from that year. I live in the U.S., but I've never seen anything like Germany's infrastructure and organization (Munich especially). I still have the jersey. It seemed like your team, for the first time, made many younger Germans feel like they could be proud to wear their nation's colors (helping to overcome an unfortunate history of nationalism). It was an amazing thing to witness in-person. I was really disappointed when they couldn't get past Italy.

I say all of this because the 2014 World Cup is probably the last chance for that generation of players. For that reason, and also to avenge 2002, they will be very motivated to beat Brasil. They've been studying us and planning for this encounter. I've said elsewhere that rigorous preparation is Germany macumba. Without Neymar, this is a pretty yeoman Seleção, by historical standards. We're outclassed at most positions compared to Germany. Even with Neymar, it would be an incredibly difficult match for us. There's no use in lamenting his absence; Germany had nothing to do with his injury, and we'll have to face them with the remaining 22 players on our roster. Even in Brasil, they're considered strong favorites going into the match.

And that's the thing. On the World Cup Tonight broadcast on the day of the Chile game, Michael Ballack talked about how hard it was in 2006, when Germany weren't just any hosts, but hosts with an incredible footballing tradition that meant that anything less than a semifinal berth would be considered a huge disappointment. He said that he saw Brasil as facing an analogous scenario this time around, and so, was probably experiencing the same kind of pressure. In his view, the quarterfinal is the toughest test. Once the host team makes it past there, the pressure lifts, and it gets easier to play to win rather than not to lose. People start to believe. It then becomes to be more of an advantage rather than a burden for a big footballing nation to play at home.

This is true generally. But now, with Neymar's injury, the pressure evaporates. We will obviously be disappointed if they lose. But as long as the Seleção puts up a good fight, Brasil will not blame them for losing. There will be no Mineiraço or Maracanaço 2.0. Neymar's injury has unified Brasil behind the Seleção, and it may motivate the players to perform at their very best. Under those circumstances, it's not inconceivable that we could pull this one out. We're not Algeria or Ghana--with all due respect to those teams--we're Brasil, playing in Brasil, on a 39-year, 62-game unbeaten streak in competitive games. We've had tough matches where we were outclassed but somehow managed to scrape a result. So while I rationally expect a loss, emotionally I still believe in our ability to get to the final--and wouldn't be shocked if that happens.

I still would rather have Neymar. :(

15. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    if you're wrong promise never to post again?

LastBoyscout repped this.
  16. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Swelling can occur after, which would still cause paralysis, while what you're thinking of is a severing the spinal chord which would cause instant paralysis.

Most Paralysis from accidents occur due to swelling and subsequent trauma, but that's also the reversible one.

17. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Brazil will win this comfortably. They never lose at home

bayern15 repped this.
  18. Sifrit

Sifrit Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You've forgotten Mario Gomez. He has been injured all year so it seems no one remembers he even exists. He scored some very important goals at the last Euros and his finishing skills and physicality are attributes completely missing in Germany's squad now.

LastBoyscout and MatthausSammer repped this.
  19. Snoop-a-luh

Snoop-a-luh Member

Jun 22, 2014
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Brazil 4 - 1 Germany
    4' Fred 29' Lahm
    12' Oscar
    63' Henrique
    89' Henrique

20. Cviet

Cviet Member

Jul 1, 2014
    You forgot Landon Donovan!

21. Klose_fan

Klose_fan Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Florida, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

BA HA HA... Not even close

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who?

23. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    [​IMG]

jaycrewz and LoewenBoy repped this.
  24. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Fouls committed so far :

Brazil : 96 :eek:
    Germany : 57

jaycrewz, LoewenBoy and RedFuryFan repped this.
  25. RedFuryFan

RedFuryFan Member

May 14, 2014
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Lol never lose at home? Hmm Uruguay might want a word with you.

With that said, Germany vs Netherlands final is going to be exciting.