2014-2015 Off-Season Player Movement Discussion

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by revsfan603, Oct 27, 2014.

1. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hararea repped this.
  2. drn99

drn99 Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be interesting to see if Sebastian Lletget went through allocation or discovery. With his play for US Youth teams he really shouldn't be discovery. If allocation, why did SJ pass on a talented, home town player? If not allocation, how did MLS game things for one of their "special" teams again?

3. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has this move actually been confirmed anywhere?

JG repped this.
  4. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    Who says he is talented? He is a 22 year old player that has played 0 first team games. The only thing he has going for him is he was on a Premier League team's payroll. Of course so were Cody Arnoux and Anton Peterlin. An allocation spot on him may be stupid when there are other players that may be coming that might be a better fit.

Howard the Drake repped this.
  5. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hararea repped this.
  6. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    For those who don't know, Megaloudis is Thomas Rongen's stepson.

While coaching the US U20s, Rongen routed Omar Salgado to Megaloudis and perhaps did the same with Lletget.

derek750 repped this.
  7. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Financially, Salcedo may not have been much of a win, but I think that he's doing a lot to help legitimize RSL's residency program in Arizona. No matter how good a job you do training players, you need a few success stories to give yourself credibility, and it'll probably be a while before any of their other trainees break through in a similar way.

He scored his first LigaMX goal today, btw.

revsfan603 and Ismitje repped this.
  8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    van der Vaart to SKC is making the rounds big time in the German media now. Bild has picked it up. Robb Heineman and Mike Illig (son of primary investor Cliff) were at the Frankfurt v Hamburg game yesterday. Illig tweeted that they "didn't get to see who they came to see" though, but RVDV only played 11 minutes, and Hamburg was down to 10 men at the time.

Locally it has been confirmed that he is a target.

9. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We've gotta remember that this kid was picked up by RSL on a free after he'd been two years with Guadalajara and three with Tigres. The difference is that RSL did make him into a decent pro and they got some money from this deal. Mexican clubs are pretty dirty when it comes to transfers. So this is far from the last we've heard of these type of deals.

10. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of that strange career arc, Austin Berry loaned to FC Anyang in the Korean second division.

11. MUTINYFAN

MUTINYFAN Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Orlando
    Sad. They used to speak about Berry the way they talk about Birnbaum nowadays. Although, i doubt Berry had any call-ups. I always saw Berry as a potential USMNT player but i don't know what happened.

12. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I still think he is good enough for MLS. But, he was really propped up by Arne Friedrich, to a degree even serious Fire fans didn't realize.

13. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    So remember how the Cameroon FA were going around saying that Oyongo's transfer was null and void because Rainbow FC was an amateur club? Well I'm guessing that was a bunch of crap since both Philly and NYRB have signed players this week from Rainbow FC, again.

JasonMa repped this.