2014-2015 FC Kansas City Offseason

Discussion in 'KC Current' started by FCKCEvans, Sep 6, 2014.

1. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Hopefully the USNT players can attend.

Myrtle repped this.
  2. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Great news for the home-opener. Such a beautiful venue, there's been rumors that SKC will help with attendance. I sure hope that's the case. Exciting news!

Blaze20 repped this.
  3. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well if they included it as part of their season ticket plan it would help a bit.

4. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KC is doing so many things right this offseason- moving to a much better home field, partnering with SKC, and now getting their home opener in Sporting Park.

Blaze20 repped this.
  5. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Yes they are. I think on a whole this off season there have been quite a bit of positive news about most teams and the league in general.

6. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as we might complain about certain issues, I think TPTB are going in the right direction and doing most things the right way.

I'm now somewhat optimistic that this league will survive, as all signs are pointing towards survival.

7. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really have to compliment this organization for the way they've built this team. They play a very attractive style and have done so without going out and bringing in a bunch of internationals. They've shown us that US players are capable of pretty soccer, despite criticism from the rest of the world.

Having said that, if I had a complaint, it would be their seeming inability to come from behind. In 2 seasons, KC has lost every game they've fallen behind in. They don't trail that often, but when they do, it always leads to a loss.

Myrtle repped this.
  8. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well on the TPTB front, I think Plush is a positive step out of the shadow of USSoccer. I always thought Bailey did a good job but I couldnt shake the feeling that she was a little too beholding to the USSF to actually be the leader that the owners in the league needed.

9. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    U have to give VA credit being able to find American possession players when JE cant seem to find any.

10. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    The surprising thing for me is that this won't be a doubleheader. It will be interesting to see what FCKC can pull in on their own.

11. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It definitely will be interesting. I think it's good that it's not a doubleheader. Let's see what FCKC, with the help they'll be getting, can do for a professional women's soccer game standing on its own. I'm hoping they do really well, as it will be evidence that FCKC's kind of relationship with a MLS team can be very helpful and thus will go towards validating another kind of NWSL/MLS relationship. If it works, it's going to be really exciting and may provide positive motivation for other NWSL/MLS cooperative relationships.

CometsFan, Blaze20, Myrtle and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    My guess here is that they will have around 10k especially if the game is in the afternoon

13. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Tymrak had a GREAT first year, and only a good 2nd year (but not GREAT like her rookie season).
    So will she trend in the wrong direction (solid but not that stellar), or ascend back in the right direction, in 2015?
    I'm betting she's going to have a BIG season. Something tells me this will be her career year. She must stay healthy.
    Besides, she wears #15. She has to have her best year in 2015. It's only fitting.

14. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Royals r out of town.

Myrtle repped this.
  15. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    No announcements to my knowledge of open-tryouts....is this a league requirement? Also no mention of undrafted invitees to camp (I think Iowa forward Chloe Lacasse would be a good pick) And still no mention of that phantom international slot KC traded to Portland last week.

16. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Whelp...on Twitter I see that Souza will be a part of that Brazilian residency camp. Which hurts seeing that we only have 2 flank defenders. 5 total on the roster, including Brunn who will be at the WWC. This bodes well for draftee Meghan Streight I suppose who is a very talented player, but i've only seen her play Center-back and D-mid. She may have to be a flank player by default. Another example that we should have signed Zadorsky....She doesn't seem to be associated with Chuck Vine any longer.

17. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I guess that answers the international spot question.

Myrtle repped this.
  18. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Imagine this:
    Holding Forward - Hagen
    Attacking Midfielders - Tymrak, Groom, Silva
    Defensive Midfielders - Buzz, Richmond
    Defenders - Robinson, Lep, Brunn, Moros

I wish Vlat would start Tymrak, Groom and Silva at the same time - Talk about shredding defenses.

19. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    This would be my dream offensive line up as well. I'd be surprised if Averbuch isn't featured here most of the time, but still. I love the potential with Tymrak in the middle and 2 creative speedsters beside her to feed Hagen.

I guess we aren't planning open try-outs this year. Odd. And still no word on what the club plans to do about loosing Souza to Brazilan residency camp....I would feel better picking up another flank defender, but who knows perhaps they see Streight there? I've only seen her in the middle of the park tho.

20. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    So neither Holiday or Rodriguez make the dream lineup?

21. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Haha, I can't speak for Ledbetter but that is my preferred line-up when the NTeamers are away. I'm not ready to submit a full-strength line-up just yet. But Holiday and Arod would be in my full strength one.

22. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So I wasn't the only one that caught that.....

23. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    But he has Sauerbrunn in it.

Myrtle repped this.