2014-2015 FC Kansas City Offseason

Discussion in 'KC Current' started by FCKCEvans, Sep 6, 2014.

1. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Include all things off-season: Who should KC resign? Will any players go abroad? Draft pick suggestions. What should the line-up be with NTers away next season? New venue suggestions. Etc. It's going to be a long off-season....

2. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I didn't see any announcements from FCKC before the deadline to pick up players options. I guess they're keeping it all under wraps?

Only thing so far is:

So I guess she was re-signed?

3. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Guess so. And Gorry is on loan with the Bisbine Roar. I'm surprised their weren't others. And I wish they would be less hush hush about player options as well. Grrrr!

4. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    http://www.thebluetestament.com/201...donovski-talks-about-winning-the-championship

Great listen here Vlatko discusses several topics debated sometimes a little too intensely here on BS. Topics include but aren't limited to Vlatkos feelings on...

- How he broke down Seattles high pressure 4-4-3.
    - The great forward debate. Cuellar vs Henderson vs Arod
    - LePeilbet and how she seems to be in at least his short term plans. Personally I was hoping he'd move her for a late first round pick...
    - College draft and what games he's been watching. I do wish there was more detail here though.

Enjoy... When you have an extra 40 min or so.

lil_one repped this.
  5. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    We picked up the rights to Rafaella Souza from Houston. I hear she's talented but I'm not overly familiar with her. It seems she didn't have the impact Houston expected and we would need to acquire an international slot to actually sign her unless she gets a green card. Can someone tell me what Souza brings to the table perhaps. Or how she'd fit in KC. Or perhaps what went wrong with her in Houston?

6. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't think anything went particularly "wrong" with her in Houston. I think their letting her go is a combination of how Brian and Randy realized 1) their team overall was too young and inexperienced, so even though they've had talented rookies they want some more leadership players, and 2) the relative failure of Nina Burger when compared to the like of Vero, Jodie Taylor, and Kim Little showed them that international spots are a premium commodity. Souza is talented and will definitely improve with time, but was basically overflow in not one but two categories for the Dash.

FCKCEvans repped this.
  7. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Two things I dont get.
    I dont get why teams r cutting players now. Houston is trying to bring in two experienced internationals which is great if they can do it but why not hold onto Souza until that happens?

Also, I wonder how much of an effort they made to trade her. If KC was really interested, maybe they trade a draft pick for her. Souza had to get by six other teams before they could select her. If their interest was more than tepid, they might have gone for a trade. Kind of suprised W-N-Y Flash didnt take a flyer on her.

8. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dash were required to either exercise her option or let her go. They didn't have the ability to hold onto her for a while, because holding on to her now would have required them to keep her for a year.

9. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Only if she has a guaranteed contract (other players have been waived midseason).

10. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, right, forgot about that. Maybe she said "No, let me go, I want to go shopping."

11. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Not strictly FCKC related, but I thought it interesting that the Comets got new Nike Hertha jerseys with custom colors.

Perhaps a sign that FCKC won't have off-the-shelf kits next season? Well, one can hope...

FCKCEvans repped this.
  12. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    #12 FCKCEvans, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    I'm bored. KCs not making any offseason moves, even though I think we should make a significant move to draft Dydasco.... So guys how do you think KCs line up matches up with others in the league, discounting college draft and WWC players.

Barnhart
    Robinson-Phillips-LePeilbet - Kallman
    Buz-Richmond
    Mathias-Tymrak-Silva
    Hagen

Subs:Marlborough, Bogus, Laddish?

13. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I certainly hope they draft Dydasco. She'll be a perfect fit. And that'll free up Kallman to play CB, which I think is the weakest part of their NTer-less lineup (the Phillips-LePeilbet pairing just doesn't inspire me with much confidence. But that said, they're still not going to be the worst CB pairing in the NWSL, but you know for FCKC... :cool:). Even if they don't get Dydasco, I still think they'll have one of the strongest lineups. Sure they'll lose their starting striker, CAM, and best CB, but the replacements for A-Rod and Holiday are good enough that they'd be starting on any other team.

14. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Id be surprised if Dydasco is there at #12 but there r so many good outside backs it would hard for them not to get a quality one of that's the way they go.

15. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I'm sure everyone here knows I have a pretty high opinion off Dydasco, but still I don't think she'll go in the first round (if she does, then I'll swear up and down that that team has been listening to me, because I do think she's good enough to be drafted there, I just don't think she has the buzz). Will Houston or Boston draft her in the 2nd round? Houston doesn't really need an outside back (if they're smart they'd get a CB). But I don't really know what Boston thinks they need. So who knows what they'll do... They'll probably draft some more forwards and try to convert them to defenders.

16. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Most of the talent in this draft is midfielders and outside backs. If it were me Id take a cant miss player at a position of strength before a bench player at a position I need.

17. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Well, I'm not suggesting taking a bench player over a can't miss player. I'm suggesting taking a higher ranked player in a position of need over a lower ranked player in a non-needed position. For instance Grubka, Church, and Leach are all CBs and ranked higher than Dydasco. So if you need CBs, why take Dydasco over one of them?

18. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well, Im not sure Id rate any of those CBs higher than Dydasco but even if I did Im pretty sure I would rate Kallman higher at CB than any of them. The last college ranking I saw had Dydasco as the 3rd rated defender on the board after Dahlkemper and Guilliland, tho that obviously changes depending on who u read. I personally dont watch enough college to make an informed decision. As to who might take an outside back, she would be an upgrade for Chicago at #8 or Boston at #9 or #11. I do agree Houston wont take her. But who knows. Not much gets past the boys at KC so Im sure they get value from the pick.

19. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Yeah, that's true. I don't watch much college soccer, pretty much only watch UCLA games (and that's since the Pac 12 Network started and airs most of them). I was just going off the TopDrawerSoccer.com numbers. They have a lot of defenders ranked higher (even Courtnall is ranked higher), so that's why I suggested those CBs. But of course we all know the draft doesn't always go how people expect and the rankings are pretty much meaningless for that.

20. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So @TheBackpost is suggesting that FCKC is close to making a big trade...Hopefully for that higher draft pick I've been desiring. But I will be crushed if Hagen is traded. But it's possible...along with LePeilbet, Bogus, or Mathias are likely candidates.

Anyway, I've been trying to watch lots of college soccer this fall as I have the Pac12, SEC, ESPNU and Big10 network sand with the Big 12 being local. All of the defenders you guys mentioned are top notch. IMO players like Gilliland and Campbell (both incredibly strong) would be better fits in Chicago or WNY whereas Dydasco and Hinkle are better fits for KC or Seattle type teams. I prefer Dydasco bc her work rate is unreal and she plays the ball on the ground movement off the ball game. Courtnall could probably play both styles but as it's been discussed it's hard to know what she will do as a track athlete and singer.

21. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Oh no! HAO to KC! We would have to give up an allocation type player for her. Yikes, don't like the sound of this unless LePeilbet is involved. She doesn't really fit our style tho.

22. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I could see HAO for A-Rod happening (not that I think it's a good trade, though). KC's got Hagen for the whole season, plus Marlborough as a backup, and A-Rod played for the Breakers in her rookie professional season (was the #1 overall pick by Boston, so they'd probably like her back).

23. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the trade I thought of.

24. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    LePeilbet no longer lists FCKC as her team on twitter...bc didn't Cheney and Arod struggle in Boston? While LePeilbet did well. And Boston needs defenders. I'm sure KC gave up more than just LeP tho.

25. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    It was A-Rod's rookie season. Most forwards struggle their rookie pro season. I'm sure Boston saw what she did at Philly and regretted the trade.