2014/2015 Bundesliga Thread

Discussion in 'FC Schalke 04' started by LongDuckDong, Jun 24, 2014.

1. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wonder how Schalke build their players up to be not only crazy-talented, but also confident enough that they aren't shy at all to immediately "go at it" when they're thrust into first-team action. Kolasinac made his debut against Galatsaray in the Champions League, and was instantly comfortable defending Yilmaz and the like. Meyer made his debut and wouldn't seem at all out-of-place within his first couple of matches. And now Sane arrives and isn't really at all fazed by coming on against REAL MADRID, and then this happens. I would love to hear how they coach or ease these players in that they arrive on the scene fully mentally prepared to make noise on the next level, no matter the occasion.

cortisoljunkie repped this.
  2. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I purposely arranged my schedule so I would not be able to watch the game at Mainz. Seems like there is a growing sentiment on Twitter that RDM needs to be sacked.

3. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    http://www.reviersport.de/302517---schalke-ab-ins-trainingslager.html

Apparently this is the answer :rolleyes: proof of the pudding is in the eating - if they come out and smack 5 past Vfb then cool, otherwise we're going to be overtaken by two teams who were 17th and 18th over Xmas (Werder and Dortmund). christ...

CCinGermany repped this.
  4. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sick over this whole situation.

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You and Lucien Farve share the same feeling:p:whistling::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::ROFLMAO:

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

hummmmm lemme see

Hollywood : check ( put to grave in epic fashion)
    BVB :check
    Golfsburg : check
    Hoppenheim: check
    So far thats Kruse Control style...to say the least:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

But my biggest worry is S04:eek:

7. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    yes yes yes. you guys are doing amazing. now stop bragging :D ;)

[​IMG]

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    shiiiiiiiiiiiiiyaaaattttt....DID I JUST JINX De Fohlenelf??:ninja::ninja::ninja::speechless::speechless::speechless:

9. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    #259 cortisoljunkie, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
    edit; TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - Huntelaar @ 9 mins.

Massive.

[​IMG]

Epitome990 repped this.
  10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hey CJ..u guys need a German Coach as well..or perhaps even a Tasmanian Devil ..deffo better than that Pasta Chef u guys where dreaming of guiding u guys into the CL smoothly :confused::ROFLMAO:

11. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that was a suitably pathetic end to the season. I am holding onto hope that we can have a house cleaning, but I am not holding my breath either.

12. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    I can't decide what is worse;

1) Falling to sixth and potentially losing the Europa spot to BVB if they win the pokal
    2) Short changing poor Paderborn last week and being partly responsible for their relegation
    3) Losing to HSV and in doing so relegating Freiburg - who do not deserve to go down
    4) Losing to HSV so they didn't get auto relegated
    5) The fact that the entirety of Germany, aside from Hamburg, thinks Schalke is a fcuking pathetic and are very very angry at us

See you guys in August

:(

13. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We won't lose the EL spot to Dortmund, it is "only" the automatic qualifier for the group stage.

I hope they fire di Matteo as soon as possible. He is a disaster! Don't understand how could destroy the team in a couple of months. Keller is no coaching genius but he sure looks like one after seeing di Matteo's work.

I also hope the fire Heldt. I could live with his transfers although they were at best average but his choices for head coach have been abysmal. That is the most important job in the club and he couldn't find someone suitable in four tries. In fact it looked as if he chose ever worse options culminating in diMatteo.

Don't know who could fill those two spots. Streich would now be my prefered solution after Tuchel is gone but I can't see him coming. Lewandowski might be a decent idea. Maybe they should think again about Keller. He won't hardly be better than his first time at the club but he did well with the youngsters. I just don't see anybody else who would excite me as a coach. In that case just going with what worked half way well might be the way to go.

Man, I can't believe we lost to Hamburg. ******** di Matteo. ******** HIM!

14. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Huub is free again! Personally, I would go with King Otto over him at this point...he is rested and ready!

15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Stevens is the only coach that can clam down the atmosphere on Schalke.

When hiring another coach after some time some fans will be pissed off something and screaming for the coaches head. The club management will react to the mob and some months later the same mob will blame the club management for firing the coach. :whistling:

16. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    This mob has been asking for the managements head ever since Jens Keller was given the boot, and did so with banners at the game against Paderborn in conjunction with 45 minutes of silence, even prior to Di Matteo departing about 10 days later.

I do wonder if Thomas Schaaf's resignation from SGE is just coincidence or not...

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  17. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking like Wilmots is going to stick with Belgium through the upcoming Euro qualifiers and move on the Schalke after that.

18. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    André Breitenreiter. Certainly a good manager, if you can take Paderborn and their relative poverty to the 1 buli, and be extremely competitive in the comp (they put up more of a fight than we did in the Rückrunde) .... but will the same ability translate at a bigger club with more money, even larger expectations, and restless and irritable fans? The first few games of the 15-16 comp are going to are really going to test everyone's resolve.

Good luck...

[​IMG]

19. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agree in principle...but this also smacks a bit of a "low dough" choice, especially in light of the stories about Belgium jacking up their price to release Wilmots.

20. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Fixtures Bundesliga 2015/16 on Friday 26