2013 redstars schedule is out

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by Fanaddict, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 home games to start with the west cost teams

Sunday, April 14, 5:00 PM vs. Seattle Reign FC
    Saturday, April 27, 7:00 PM vs. Portland Thorns FC

3. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Four games each against Portland, Seattle, and Kansas City. Three each against Washington and Western New York. Two each against Boston and Sky Blue. Portland 3 times in the first 7 games. The Red Stars could quickly be in a hole.

I'm not that familiar with the Chicago area. I take it Benedictine isn't very far from North Central, where I saw a game last year. It looks like they're both around Naperville.

4. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Benedictine is a little east of naperville closer to chicago but it is a western suburb like naperville.

5. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    At least two of the Thorns games are at home....
    Chicago also has only six games by the end of May while most teams have seven or eight. Any way you slice it, they're probably going to need a big mid-season push. Which may be complicated by another rough spot: in mid-June, three games in the span of seven days, KC, KC, WNY.

Interestingly, I noticed they have no games June 25-27 - which, if I've read the USASA website correctly, is when the finals of the Open Cup will be played.

6. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks!

I will try to get up there for a game or two. The mid-week games are probably out of the question, but hopefully a couple of the weekend games.

All in all, a pretty balanced schedule. No long stretches at home or on the road. Of the two teams they play three times, they get WNY at home twice and Washington at home only once.

I'll be interested to see how that July 4th matinee works, though, as far as attendance goes.

7. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm still in Seattle, but I'll be home for the April 27th game against Portland. See if you can make it to that one. It's a Saturday 7:00 game. Should be a good crowd. But you usually drive back to St. louis area that day. They also play Portland on Sunday May 12 at 5:00. A little earlier. Bring the LeClede's Army folks, I'm sure Lori would love that.

While I'm in the Northwest still, I'll be going to all the Seattle and one or two Potland games as well.

8. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, the April 27th match might be my best option. It's on a Saturday, which is a plus. Yes, I can make the drive back after the game, but it's a whole hell of a lot easier on a Saturday night when I don't have to work the next day. Driving five hours to get home at 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning and then getting up at six to go to work the next day just isn't a good idea.

It's still a couple of months off, so I'll have to see if I have anything else going on that weekend. As for Laclede's army, I'm kind of doubting it's going to happen. I'm pretty sure SiberianThunder is still going to college up in Maryland and I think rokagrl is actually getting married in April.

9. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'm getting married the 13th... and it just so happens Mr Rokagrl and I are planning on hitting up the Fire game as our honeymoon ( :rolleyes: ) on the 20th. The soccer is deep in this relationship.

10. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So that's how I refer to him now....Mr. Rokagrl. A soccer honeymoon...I should have known.

I'm also considering going across to KC for a match. I see both the matches between the Red Stars and KC are on a Sunday afternoon. Kansas City is actually slightly closer for me, although not by much, once I have to drive through a good hunk of St. Louis to get there.