2013-2014 NBA Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by dark knight, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Your telling me mo Williams, Antwan Jamison or booby Gibson are legit 2nd scorers on a legit championship team? Ok sure keep thinking that. Let's remove the 2nd best player on the top teams right now and give them the 2009 version of mo Williams and Antwan Jamison as their second best player and give them a rest of a squad of underwhelming talent and let's see how far they get.

2. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mo Williams legit 3rd threat, Antwan Jamison legit 2nd option at the time. Now the NBA has shifted to more star power, but taking the example of the Mavs, Lebron+Antwan Jamison+Mo Williams is noticeably better than Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, and JJ Barea.

It's crazy since these same Lebron bandwagon hoppers were the ones who agreed those Cavs teams were contenders, but now that they need to defend him bolting, suddenly they were shit supporting cast.

3. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    #2153 zohee, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    These last 6 minutes have been horrible for the Clippers. 5 TO, missed FT's and dunks. Nothing is going in.

So the fourth quarter continues the same. I think the game is over. It was a nice shot at the 2nd seed, but a lass... Either way I hope that they give Griffin a bit of rest now. Dude needs it.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    sooo Pacers beat the Bucks with their back-ups while Heat fall to the Grizzlies..

5. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    12:0 run, get back in!

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can we stop this levron debate now? Its all subjective but very boring

P to the Wee repped this.
  7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    OKC wins lol.

Welp.. kinda expected this to happen anyways.

8. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    For those who think Westbrook isn't all that... today he secured the win with two crucial offensive rebounds and got OKC that 2nd seed. Without him they're going out in the first round.

9. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh Westbrook is GOOD. He's got that 'dawg' attitude, if you know what I mean. Like he will ******** you up because he is that confident. Too many teams you see players without the skill that are that confident or guys with his talent who are far too passive and shrink in big moments.

zohee repped this.
  10. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Exactly. He airballed a three, then on the next possession got the offensive rebound and dunked it in. That's something that special players do. Even though I was furious, that was an awesome play.

Here's to hoping Griffin get's some rest from now on.

Oh and not that I want to extend that pointless discusion, but imagine Lebron with that mentality.

11. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well now I think pacers are winning the east. things are changing so quick in east predictions.

12. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol so you're going with the Heat again after they win on Friday?

thebigman and zohee repped this.
  13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Can we ban Hench if he makes another prediction??? Dude makes more predictions than the Weather channel.

Pick one, stick with it, and shut teh fook up.

14. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I pick philly to win te tank war because it is 17 degrees but if it changes to 16 ill pick the bucks but if carter williams has a haircut it will be philly

Henchag repped this.
  15. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just try to judge based on what I get to see. Thing is both pacers and heat been playing horrible bball for some time for their standards.

16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Serious question: why are the Heat losing so much? Last year they couldn't stop winning and they have a similar team it appears. Are they just bored and waiting for the playoffs to begin?

17. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    It's simple IMO... they're saving themselves for the playoffs. Wade is on the ''Duncan plan'', which has a big impact on the Heat. Other than that, they're just a year older.

A thing that could be considered is that they're mentaly exhausted. 3 Finals appearances aren't your everyday feat.

18. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not like Brooklyn and Memphis are dogshit.

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    No but Boston and New Orleans are. Okay, road games can always be a challenge but... also 4 home losses against pretty average teams in just the past month. That's how many home losses they had all of last season!

25 losses overall is also quite a lot considering how pathetic the East is. With a western schedule they would probably have an additional 5-7 losses which puts the champions at the level of the 9th seed in the West.

20. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Yeah - I think it's a combination of a number of things - saving themselves, a little disinterested, exhausted from 3 finals runs playing against hungry less exhausted teams, and the supporting cast is looking older - Ray Allen, Battier - these guys are old as dirt in basketball years, and they've been missing shots because they don't have the same legs. It will be interesting to see how the playoffs go.

I thought y'all would get a kick out of this, but Colin Cowherd picked GSW to go to the WCF against San Antonio. He thinks they will upset OKC because they depend too much on two players.

21. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cowherd is nuts. Anyway, Clips and Warriors need to stay where they are. I'm going to Game 1 at Staples.

22. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Cowherd said OKC or Miami were gonna win the title during the NBA All-Star Week. Dude comes off as a d-bag in person.

23. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I like his show okay - I think he knows he comes off as d-bag and makes fun of himself about it. He clearly knows football a lot better than basketball though.

24. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Oh yeah, this is going to be the most entertaining series IMO. Also any of these teams going against OKC is also going to be insanely watchable.

As much as I love Phoenix, I think they are going to get swept by the Spurs. All in all it's a marvelous season for them, but I wished they got an easier opponent (or should I say a better fit), so they could atleast get win, maybe two.

Dallas and OKC might be interesting. Dirk is playing like an All-Star and they have Carlisle. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to 7, but the team with the MVP is going through.

Houston and Portland is going to be a shootout. I can see either team advancing, though I give Houston a slight edge.

If Phoenix and Dallas switched places, both OKC and the Spurs IMO would have more problems. I can see Dallas causing more problems against the Spurs, than OKC and I can see Phoenix surprising OKC in the first match.

Start with the playoffs already!

25. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Jordan even said it was hard for the first 3rd in a row....i guess u lose some will and focus?