(2013.10.11) International Friendly: Serbia x Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Oct 7, 2013.

1. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW Osieck has been sacked by Australia after a 2nd consecutive 6-0 loss, this time to France.

Whispered11 repped this.
  2. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #152 AKITOD, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
    Suppose if Japan lose to Belarus or something then and Zac gets rolled Teguramori is not far away, Sekizuka is available now. Norio Sasaki is already on the JFA books.

I hope it's a Japanese manager next, or if it's a foreigner that it be a J.League foreigner coach that's proven (eg Pixy or Urawa's coach who I can't spell).

3. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Zac had a good run, thanks for the 2011 Asian Cup and the victory over the likes of Argentina and France, but it's time for him to go. btw, who is P"ixy"?

4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    it's a guy in Attack of the Titans

teioh and AKITOD repped this.
  5. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    omg i love that show

6. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about o_O

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Ask American Kaka.

8. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Near invisible is exaggerated, the way he links with the like of Kagawa/Honda and his touch and pass are far better than any others CF available.
    Sure this is not influential till he can't score...

9. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    I think we need to replace Endo and Yoshida.

10. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Yoshida is nearly impossible safe for Morishige promoted as starter with Konno.
    Endo is untouchable for Zac (against Serbia played 90' while Hasebe not).

11. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    The JNT should try to use Yamaguchi to replace Endo in the next friendly against Belarus and see how it goes and Morishige with Yoshida.

Whispered11 repped this.
  12. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Endo, Yoshida, Konno all need to go...if Yoshida plays in England he plays with the NT simple as that. Hosogai and Hasebe are playing top flight football in Germany are youngish and athletic and in form. Sorry, but old man Endo is a legend...I get it, but never should a Division 2 player be playing for a NT as prestigious as Japan.

Japan should just adopt a 3-5-3 system to mask their terrible defense and utilize their uber talented MF depth and utilize the athletic ability of Hasebe and Hosogai by playing box to box....this makes a ton of sense to me rathr than watching Konno and Yoshida stink it up. Say what you will, theyre horrible plain and simple.

13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    You sound like someone who didn't watch because there was nothing horrible yesterday . In fact, the "athletic ability" of Hosogai put the Serbs on the rails for a second goal.

Pjdawa repped this.
  14. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Hosogai did not perform well yesterday. I think Aoyama or maybe even Ogihara( I know he didn't perform well at the EAFF but he has a lot of potential imo and he has a lot of chemistry with Kakitani and Yamaguchi) should be tried so that when Hasebe(the obvious #1 midfielder) is injured, the JNT can have a replacement other than Hosogai. I think Tulio or Tatsuya Yamashita should be given a try alongside Morishige. Yamaguchi should start the friendly against Belarus and Netherlands and if he don't perform well and need a rest , Endo can come on.

15. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    It's "Attack on Titan".
    Didn't you slam me for referencing AoT a few months ago?
    See, now you know how epic it is so you're jumping aboard.
    Lesson: never doubt my words.

16. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I've wondered about that. Ye they call it Attack on Titan, but the actual translation of 進撃の巨人 seems closer to "Attack/Advance of the Titans" or that they literally translated as in "Attack on, Titans".

17. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    The English is not a correct translation, but it is official (it's in the J bumpers) and it's universally accepted by fans. I like it better than a "correct" version, actually. It has more punch. Use of Engrish has a long, rich tradition in anime anyway.

18. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Seto should be tested. Come on Zac call him at least once.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  19. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    >JPN and AUS dropping friendlies
    >Asian football on the decline

Watashi would be so proud.

[​IMG]
    ...or maybe not.

20. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never seen Seto in live action - how would you describe his playing style?
    At one point several years ago he revealed on his blog that the Romanian FA was in contact with him (i.e. to discuss the possibility of naturalization).

21. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    It's a good midfielder in my opinion...he collects a lot of balls in the central of the midfield...his passing it's sure, but i want see him only a match in the JNT to see if it is at the same level.

Yes, was that discution, but Seto said is japanese and he we play only for JNT.

22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Serbia is nowhere close to Brazil and Japan lose 2-0. So much to work with..

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What were wrong yesterday? Nothing but Hosogai? why did they lose ? "bad day" perhaps?

24. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's ironic that Endo is above Hosogai in the picking order, even though Hosogai is a starter and is playing in the Bundesliga and he's playing in the J2. Endo should save himself the embarrassment and retire, a lot of wrong passes yesterday

25. Pjdawa

Pjdawa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Oh dear,did Sakemoto and Kota Fujimoto did something to You,to be excluded from your shortlist?
    They all had such a chemistry...
    Let's "give a try" to Tulio...:ROFLMAO: