2012 Season Ticket Card

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by KopRules, Feb 2, 2012.

1. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  2. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm wondering if the Season Ticket Card will come with a hole in it to attach a lanyard...or if they are straight-up cards that need to be kept in a wallet/pocket?

3. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    No hole. Cards with a mag-strip and all. Bar-codes also.

I imagine you could punch a hole in it if you find a good enough holepunch, but due to the placement of the mag-strip, barcode, and name section i'm not sure there's a good spot for a lanyard hole.

4. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, cool....I expected you or Sam to respond. Thanks.

5. SarsippiusKC

SarsippiusKC Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like a backstage pass? That would be kinda cool.

"It's ok, I'm with the band."

6. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing that there has to be a spot that could handle a hole which is smaller than your standard hole-punch hole (thinking a few millimeters diameter or whatnot).

Heck, depending on the size of the barcode (assuming a 1D barcode) you could even punch through there as they could read above/below the hole (obviously making the whole thing more difficult to read, effectively making the barcode shorter).

Not that it matters to me - would rather have it in my wallet, but I'm thinking with some ingenuity that it would be possible. Of course, I tend to think very little isn't possible but rather the case where it's just more difficult than it's worth.

7. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, or like the passes ypu get when you are in a suite at LSP...it's a plastic card ticket that you wear on a lanyard.

8. Evidica

Evidica New Member

May 19, 2008
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your problem solving skills are scaring me:

ID Holder for lanyard

I wouldn't pay that much for one but I am sure you can find them cheap in quantity. I'll just grab one for me here at work, with permission of course.

9. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, $41 for a small ziploc baggie? That's insane!

Piece of string+ duct tape.

Edit: or is that the price for 100? meh, whatever. string+duct tape still ftw

10. Jough

Jough Member+

Jul 30, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably no RFID in them though, correct?

11. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Putting it in a plastic holder probably makes it impossible to swipe the mag strip.

12. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Definitely a case where it's probably more difficult than it's worth.
    It's not so much that it *isn't possible* as it potentially creates other issues, and isn't quite what it is designed for.

Acting as your ticket is just one part of the card's functionality. Without going into too many details on future plans/concepts, the potential functions of the card are far more like a credit/debit card than just an access "credential" you would have hanging around your neck.

13. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When all else fails, check Amazon....it's like the Walmart of the internet. :D

14. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    If already stated, my appologies, but can we discard our OLD member cards after recieving our ST package? Can we assume our reward balance with have transfered to the new card?

15. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    assume nothing.

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly what I was going to say

17. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the reward balance doesn't transfer, I can think of one less person who will be playing trivia.....

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they don't explain soon what the points and coins will be for, lots of people will start to quit doing the stuff

19. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw on sportingmembership.com that I needed to enter my mailing address so that they could send my Member Card to me.

And what followed was: Mobile carrier & address fields

Sam, can you clarify? Does everyone need to make sure their mailing address is correct in the sportingmembership.com system in order to get updated membership cards? I'm specifically thinking about non-STH "members".

20. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All Points and Coins are transferred. The ticketing and membership databases are being synched. It's better if they have their addresses in, but the cards aren't being automatically mailed this year unless it's with a ticket package. There's pickup at LSP will call or at the office during the week. If you're a STM, no need to keep your old card other than as a souvenir. Non-STM will get separate notice on what to do with their cards.

21. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct. RFID doesn't hold a lot of interest for us, for a variety of reasons. If the stadium had been built a year or two earlier, we would have been a lot more likely to use RFID, but, at this point, it's more about figuring out what comes next, and RFID would be, in some ways, limiting.

22. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to see further integration of the members card with the sporting app on the phone, including the use of mobile wallet and NFC chips in the devices.

I have tons of ideas in this area... Hook my credit card into my sporting account along with a password (for two factor auth) at point of sale. I hold my device to the NFC reader, and the password appears on the screen facing the retail employee. I have to provide that to them before they authorize the transaction. I say the code, and the salesperson allows or denies the transaction. (Trying to avoid typing anything into a smartphone, but still allowing two-factor auth.) I don't know if this meets PCI requirements or not... Point is, I don't need the members card, a credit card, or anything beyond my device to both make payment and get my "coins" in one transaction. Last year, I always felt that the point of sale was slowed by the two step process. Swipe member's card... wait. Swipe credit card... wait.

I'd like to setup a list of "favorite friends" accounts in my STM account so I can transfer tickets to them without needing to remember their account numbers. Same with email addresses for the PDF option.

I love where all of this is going and offer these as ideas only. In no way are these ideas intended to be criticisms of what is or isn't in the current iteration of the platform. Sign me up if you need any guinea pigs.

23. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Of course don't forget that everything goes faster if you are personally prepared for it. No what you want, and have your cash/card ready.

24. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    whatever footie said is way over my head, but Im down for it. Reducing transaction time by a few seconds could sure add up. Id be glad to do my part.

No substitute for knowing what you want to buy, but saw on the ticketmanager account the "Add Credit" to a ticket for concessions. Not sure if that specifically does entail the 2012 ST Card, but sure would be nice to eliminate the 'two swipe' process of the old member card + credit card. Id transfer $ to my ST Card in a heartbeat.

Would be nice if along with "points" the reciept reflected available cash balance as well.

25. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. I am always amazed that people at the gas station, grocery store, or whatever do not have their stuff out and ready. I always pull out my debit card and if I need too, my driver's license before I even get in line. I usually dont want to get carded either, I just hand it to them if I am buying alcohol or tobacco. Why make them ask? It just takes more time. I want to get in and out of places as quickly as possible.