2012/2013 Werder u23 in the Regionalliga Nord [R]

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by WerderBremenYank, Aug 17, 2012.

1. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets make a thread to keep track of how our u23, or reserve team is fairing in the Regionalliga Nord this season.

With the win this evening against BSV Rehden our boys have 2 wins from two games, a welcome change from the terrible performances of recent years in the 3 Liga.

Max Wegner got both of the goals in the 2-0 over Rehden, bringing up to 4 goals in two games played.

Given how young our team is, I suspect we'll see plenty of appearances for fringe first team players in the u23 squad this year. Hopefully we can push for promotion and get back to where I feel our reserve team rightfully belongs, the 3 Liga*

*that is of course, if one accepts the argument that ANY reserve squads should be in the 3 Liga.

2. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i am not even certain Werder TV has highlights for the second team lol... so is this pretty much for a breakdown of stat lines and score sheets? lol

3. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im sure we'll have a little more than match reports this season. I suppose the thread can also be used to track the development of some of our younger players.

4. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sounds good

5. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interestingly, perhaps Sky.de will surprise this season with some tv coverage of the Regionalliga. Just today they broadcast a Kreisliga (9th division) match!

Also, i have high hopes for Florian Trinks. I genuinely believe he can be the next Reus/ Götze, and think he will float between the first team and u23s this season.

6. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you come across any of these reserve matches ahead of time for Werder on a stream/etc, please post a link, if i am not at work then i would likely be interested in catching a few this term

i sure hope so, he definitely has the potential

7. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Yesterday he did not play well as the whole team, but Werder II won 2-0 vs. Rehden. Max Wegner scored twice and leads the scoreboard in the Regionalliga Nord. Werder II is currently second with one match on hand (the away match at HSV II got postponed to October because of security reasons).

8. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What security issues were there? Surely there hasn't been much fan trouble between the two teams in recent times?

9. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Yes, there was not much trouble, but still many policemen must be in town when such matches take place. The match was during the summer holidays, so probably many policemen had holidays at the time with their families as well or another event took place in Hamburg (but I don't remember).

10. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wegner for Germany! Our u23s won 2-1 today. Wegner and Trinks with the goals

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  11. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    This time Dennis Wegner scored, last two matches Max Wegner made the goals.
    Good to have some Wegners in the team. :)

12. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha the scoresheet just had the last name listed, happy to hear scoring runs in the family!

13. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Wow, stunning win for the reserve today. They spanked the St.Pauli reserve 6-0.
    Max Wegner scored a hatttrick, Johannes Wurtz scored twice and Florian Nagel once.

14. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So how much turnover has their been in the squad from last year? Or are we simply just much better prepared to play at the Regionalliga level as opposed to the 3. Liga?

15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Hard to say, either the players and Wolter formed a better team this year or it has to do with the quality of the league. But we haven't played the top teams yet.

16. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Werder is connected with Marcin (in German: Martin) Kobylanski from Cottbus. The 18 years old striker is the son of former BL player Andrej Kobylanski and played this season so far in Cottbus reserve. If he gets signed in this transfer period he will most likely play in our reserve team and prepared for a pro career there.

17. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Our U19 progressed today with a 3-0 over Bundesliga south team 1.FC Nurnberg into the second round of the DFB cup.