(2012.10.16) International Friendly: Brazil x Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Endo overtakes Ihara.
    We're gonna see a great match, even if Brazil (along with Spain and Germany) is the only team we can't probably beat.

2. TODOROKI_11

TODOROKI_11 Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope Endo can deliver another strong performance!!

3. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Brazil and Japan are currently at different points, Brazil at one of its weakest, Japan at one of its strongest. I think it will be close, but the psychological factor must be the toughest hurdle for the JNT. Hopefully the players can rise up to the occasion.

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Brazil is at one of its weakest?
    Nah, I wish so, but I don't think it's true

5. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Only cuz they won 6-0 against Iraq?
    FIFA raking (I know you don't like it) say this is their worst ever position.

6. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Brazil's team is young. But dangerous as hell.

And yes 6:0 against an Iraq a team Japan had troubles beating even at home says a lot. And that game should probably be more like 10:0

7. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    That's completely understable as they don't play in WC qualifiers. Every team gets a drop in the ranking before such tournaments.

8. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Yes, I know, the same Brazil that beats weaker opponents and lose the final against Mexico in the last Oly.
    This means nothing. If you know how football works you know it's not important how the match against Iraq finished. Otherwise the draw in Australia had to be a flawless victory for Japan cuz of their previous matches.

9. TODOROKI_11

TODOROKI_11 Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Never underestimates Brazil.

If we play like we did in the first half against France, they will not forgive our mistakes.

Whispered11 repped this.
  10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    *sigh*
    do you know how the fifa ranking works? Brazil isn't even playing the WC qualifications matches. That's a lot of points lost since winning against Iraq doesn't give you that many points

edit: sorry I saw Majster post later.

11. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Agree. But never understimates Japan too. The last two who did it lost both.
    And for the comparison with the french match: if Zac is a wise man he will change something on the starting line up and the Japan that will confront Brazil will be NOT the same of that ugly first half against France.

12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Eh... he's not that smart unfortunately on these things. I don't expect many changes... if any at all =(
    but let's see, I would love to be proven wrong

13. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'd be huge if they drew with Brazil 0-0

Want to see Zac switch Inui in for Nakamura and Hosogai for Hasebe to start. Im just wondering how he'll use the guys since they played a very grueling match vs France. This is where Japans depth will be a great commodity.

14. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is noway Japan is underestimating Brazil, instead what theyll do is give them too much respect and play timid. I wish they would underestimate them and play confident and cocky controlling the ball and possession...but that is not the Japanese way, theyre too respectful haha.

15. TODOROKI_11

TODOROKI_11 Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think we will play a bit more "loose" this time.... The French clash was excellent to give a good wake up call to the team. (and i pray... to the italian stubborn as well.)

16. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Play the old Nakamura again would be a huge mistake, he was invisible against France. The game changed when Hosogai and Inui came on.

17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Expect to see Honda against Brazil.
    Kiyotake may be out though, seems that he's having some problems.

18. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  19. Don_Johnson

Don_Johnson Member

May 2, 2011
    USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    WTF is your point? We lost to Mexico in the Semis and Korea in the bronze medal match. Granted it was a u23 event.

20. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Hopefully not, the substitution for the right wing is Miyaichi and of course he will not play there, so it would had to be someone out of his position

21. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Also

Brazil and Real Madrid left back Marcelo has been ruled out for 3 months with a broken metatarsal.

22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is Honda fit?

23. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    o_O be quite my son...
    He (dont' remember who) said that THIS Brazil is build on YOUNG players, than I found it's very similar to the one who won against weaker (far weaker) U23 team in Oly and lost to Mexico U23.
    "We" were Japan U23 with only 1 player of THIS JNT, than the comparison that you did does not make ANY sense.
    I really hope not. We want some amazing actions and scores nope? ;) Maybe 2-2? :D
    Well you said Honda will be on the pitch. Imo Havenaar and Hasebe will stay there too. The only change will be Nakamura -> Honda and Hasebe -> Hosogai in the 2nd half.
    If Honda broken than I really hope in Inui - Kagawa - Kiyotake stuff.

24. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No it'd be good (not huge) if they beat Brazil. 2 of the last 3 Japan-Brazil games were draws.

25. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess well see wont we