2011 worlds best leagues

Discussion in 'Statistics and Analysis' started by la saeta rubia, Jul 23, 2011.

1. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Ask for any brazilian...even this year in all 4 matches between brazilians only Palmeiras, Botafogo and Ceará played with theirs first squad, the others 5 teams played with theirs second squad or a mix between than.

2. BlueLondoner

BlueLondoner New Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm not sure how this turned into a debate of who's better, Brazil or Argentina, but i'll put my vote firmly behind Brazil. The Copa Sudamericana I personally do not feel is a valid method of ranking the teams, since for most Brazilian teams their state competitions have more importance then the Sudamericana. In the Libertadores, Brazil in the last years have been the overwhelming power. Although Argentina with Boca Juniors has had a few wins, I think the most telling statistic is the amount of Brazilian teams present in the quarters and semis over the last decade. This tournament was Brazil's worst showing in a while, and still only one nation - not Argentina - had more countries in the final 8. Brazil also is not reliant upon one major team for their title challenges - their is much higher number of Brazilian teams who play, unlike in Argentina where Boca, River and Independiente make up a ridiculous amount of their final showings. The Brazilian league is much more even as you go down the table, with a much greater degree of unpredictability, making it to me, a better league then the Argentine.

3. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    La saeta rubia, if players want to be recognised as the best in the World they join European clubs because they play in the best leagues, simple.

When Messi etc. start playing in the Argentine league and still get lauded as the best players on the planet then you will know that the Argentine league is best, until that time stop talking like a boludo.

4. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I dont agree that players to be consider good need to play in Europe, in 90% of the history of soccer, Argentina and Brasil were in the top 5 leagues in the world. You cant forget that the greatest player of all the times never played in Europe.

5. DCUnitedFulham

Jun 1, 2011
    Philly
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is true but it was a different time when Pele played. If you play in one of the big European Leauges, you are seen all over the world. The Argentine Leauge is not going to get you the same chance to be seen only a weekly basis throughout the world. I can only speak for the US but here you can see basically all of the Premier Leauge games as well as a lot of the Italian and Spanish games. You can see a few 2 or 3 Brazilian games on Goltv and maybe one Argentine game a week. Copa Lib is only on FoxDeportes and only in Spanish, while the UEFA Champions Leauge can be seen in English and Spanish. I just think if someone wants to be well known around the globe, then they want to play in Europe. Premier Leauge is followed World Wide while the South American Leagues are followed mostly in South America.

6. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am in Europe a lot and i can see Argentine and Brasilian futbol almost everywhere.In Spain you can see five Argentina primera games this week.
    I have Argentine friends who tell me our futbol can also be seen live in France,Italy,Portugal,Serbia,Slovenia,Poland, Greece,Britain,among others.
    I accept that in the English speaking World there is the view that one has to play in Europe.South American players however only go to Europe for one reason and thats the cash.
    The 1960s and seventies were at club level dominated by the South American clubs.Brasil won the 1962 and 1970 World cup with entirely home based squads.Argentina World cup winning squad in 1978 saw 21 out of the 22 playing at home.even in 1986 fifteen out of the twenty two were home based half a dozen from River World club champions that year.
    after this with the twin forces of the Champions league Sheiks and money launderers allied to a disastrous decade economically the top players began to move in numbers.But even in 2002 a majority of Brasils World cup winning team played at home.
    The economic situation is now turning again this time in South americas favour.The notion that Manchester or Madrid are intrinsiacally bigger than River,Boca,Sao Paolo or Flamengo is simply rubbish.

7. DCUnitedFulham

Jun 1, 2011
    Philly
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was different back in the 60s and 70s. If you look at your Argentine National Team in Copa America only one player was playing in the Argentine League, just one, the rest were in Europe.

In terms of Brazil 2002, you are correct about half of the players on that team still played in Brazil at the World Cup, but once they got the exposure from World Cup, what happened: Gilberta Silva went to Arsenal, Belleti went to Villarreal, Anderson Polga went to Sporting, Kleberson went to Manchester United, Juninho went to Middlesborough, Luizao went to Hertha Berlin, Kaka went to AC Milan. The Brazilian League is a very good league I just don't think it is better than the four big European Leagues. As of right now, most of the best South American players prefer to play in Europe. I am not saying that can't change and change fast but right now I think it is still true.

8. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    This is changing, brazilians teams revenues is growing very fast, even today Brazilians teams are able to pay big salaries as any European team for great players. Thats why there are many players coming back (some are old, others are not) and many young arent leaving. For me brazilian league is already the 4th league in the world if you consider players quality, the league also has great names of soccer, like Ronaldinho, Neymar, Rivaldo, Ganso, Juninho, Adriano, Belleti, Deco, Fred, Liedson, Gilberto Silva, Gilberto, Rogério Ceni, Lucas, Elano, Kleberson, Kleber, Thiago Neves and many others that arent very famous in Europe but are able to play in any big european team.

9. DCUnitedFulham

Jun 1, 2011
    Philly
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still believe that the EPL, Serie A, La Liga, and Bundesliga are above from top to bottom, but that is my opinion of course and there is no way to actually prove it. Otherwise, you are quite right the Brazilian League is full of very good players and I know about the quality of most of the players you named. To be fair, there is so much soccer on right now, I don't get to watch much of the Brazilian League. It is really hard to compare leagues efficiently because it is hard to find time to watch that many games. I have been following the EPL for years, so I can speak much more about the teams in England than anywhere else.

10. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thats what great about futbol opinions.we are all biased in favour of what we know suerte a Fulham durante el año.

11. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    To be fair, these players have been to Europe but have now passed their prime and ability to get into the big teams.

12. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    Not as big as any European team, the biggest salary in Brazil is $6million a year where as in the EPL several top players in every big team earn $9million+.

To put this in perspective in 2009 EPL all clubs revenue was $3.35bn, in 2009 the Brazilian league revenue rose by 12% because of an increase in TV rights to $1.13bn, this is even less than the value of the EPL wage in 2009 ($1.3bn).

2009 league revenue

1. England: The Premier League ($3.35bn)
    2. Germany: Bundesliga ($2.28bn)
    3. Spain: La Liga ($2.17bn)
    4. Italy: Serie A ($2.16bn)
    5. France: Ligue 1 ($1.51bn)

Brazil: Série A ($1.13bn)

I think 'changing' is a bit optimistic.

13. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Ronaldinho has 30, still has years to play, Elano is not old, Liedson too, and there are many others like them.

14. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    There werent a Tv right increase in 2009, and the biggest salary in Brasil is 7.5 millions dollars a year (Ronaldinho) and before Ronaldo retirement he had the biggest salary.

In 2010 Brazilian league revenue was $1,40bn, for 2012 probably will be $2,0 bn

15. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
  16. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Che Amigo dont mind this boludo he doesnt tell you the Epl clubs lost 410 million euro en 2010 and thats just the revenue.
    There are no allowances for the fact that the native English cant play the game.
    Este tipo es un boludo realmente un pelotudo

17. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xwn-Cw7lVqA/TI940_kx3lI/AAAAAAAAAC4/bhRjUJ3-0Io/s400/Picture8.png

One or two player's do not make a league.
    Ronaldo's wage was far ahead of anybody else.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xwn-Cw7lVqA/TI95ZOs9LOI/AAAAAAAAADA/2hGrIxIAsjg/s400/Picture9.png
    Check David Beckham's wages for reference.
    Since 2009 there has been a huge leap in players wages in Europe.

Brazilian clubs need to concentrate on providing fans with improved and cleaner stadium facilities, easier access, and a more secure environment. Thanks to the upcoming global events in 2014 and 2016 this should pave the way for these improvements and greatly improve the infrastructure of Brazilian football. Only then you can say that you're up there with the likes of Ligue 1.
    This is called inflation and growth, the EPL stands at over $3.5 bn and rising.

18. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    Argentina have played England 5 times in the last 20 years, drawing 3 times after normal time and losing to England twice.
    If you say the English can't play then what does that mean for Argentina?

I think everyone is tired of your nonsense and name calling.

If you can't form a decent civil discussion then STFU.

19. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Stop using 2009 numbers, they are not new...Im not comparing Ligue 1 with Brasileirão anymore, even Ligue 1 still has bigger revenue, Brasileirão quality of player is clearly better. If a french team need to pay US$ 200.000 (months/wages) for medium quality player, in Brasil player like that appear all years from the local canteras...

600m inflation? hahah ok maybe in Spain, Portugal or Greece there will be such a big inflation cause of the crisis...normal inflation is about 3 or 4%.

20. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    Sorry I quoted the wrong post, I meant to quote this for inflation and normal growth.

DanFla
    Brazilian league revenue since 2003 in R$
    http://www.futebolfinance.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/bbdo32.png

re. the 2009 figures, you said TV revenue didn't have great increase in 09, i've just showed you it did. And also the huge gulf in players wages from Ronaldo to what the next nearest was earning.
    According to you, but you probably know nothing about French football.

21. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    If you believe that 2009 Tv rights increase was big, you should wait for 2012 when the value will triple...

The same for you, i believe you know very little about Brazilian soccer. I dont consider Lille team better than Brazilian last champion, Fluminense, but the gap between the teams only increase when comparing others teams. Brazilian league has many similar teams with a small gap of quality between the first and the last one, different than europeans leagues.

22. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    Maybe you should be waiting to see that happen before posting then.

No, unlike the big Euro leagues they don't have super teams full of galacticos. EPL from top to bottom are quality teams.

23. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Well i dont need to wait since the contract is already signed for 2012.

Ok than. Fluminense last brazilian champion is on the 9th position this year, Santos last Libertadores champion is on the 17th position, Goias that was the runner up on last Copa Sudamericana is on the second division, Vasco the last Brasil Cup champion is on the 4th position and the runner up is on the 10th position. Flamengo that was the leader last round, lost 4x1 to Atlético-GO current 18th team and Corinthians actual leader lost to Figueirense that was on the 11th position. I doubt that Ligue 1 has great teams like Brasil and also very similar teams.

24. psveindhoven

psveindhoven New Member

May 17, 2006
    Why not creating 16 big leagues like this:

North European Premier League:

Manchester United
    Arsenal
    PSV
    Ajax
    Bayern Munchen
    Borussia Dortmund
    Schalke