2011-2012 Serie A campaign (R)

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by phillips10, Aug 27, 2010.

1. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Re: 2010-2011 Serie A campaign (R)

really good bounce-back performance, well done lazio.

2. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

Solid win vs a quality opponent in Napoli. Defense was solid again as Napoli and their trident of Cavani-Hamsik and Lavezzi could only muster 1 shot on target. This team is more suited to have RB and LB who are more stay at home than say Kolarov. Kolarov offered skills that no other player offered especially with his shooting ability, but Litech and Radu join the play when necessary but they don't get out of position nor do they constantly try shooting from distance.

Hopefully Reja run in with Zarate gives him the motivation and confidence going forward, he should be scoring goals like that every other week tbh, not once every 6 matches. Floccari's goal was well worked and showed the chemistry with the front line players.

We bounced back after a tough loss to Cesena where Cesena created one real chance which they took with aplomb.

Tough game ahead vs a well organized Parma team who have kept clean sheets in 4 of their last 5. follow that with Catania and than perhaps the litmus test of the first half with back to back games vs Inter and @Juve.

3. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A wasteful performance by Lazio today. Hernanes and Zarate did not have good games but created our best chances. I was really annoyed to see Reja take both of them off while leaving Mauri on who had a terrible game. Instead of fighting for a win, we limped to the final whistle for the draw.

Parma's goal was well taken, good cross, good finish. However, the Parma player providing the service was given WAY to much time to deliver that cross. Frustrating.

4. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I did not get to see the game today but I am sad to see two more dropped points.:( We need goals and someone to score those goals. Lazio has a rough two game stretch of Inter and Juve ahead, hope somebody finds a scoring touch by then.

5. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Catania crammed their box with all their players in the second half and it looked almost impossible to score. Lazio's pace in the game did not help either and it really is a 2 point loss as tieing Catania at home is unacceptable after showing what quality we have. Juve and Inter ahead does not sound good to me, though if you had asked me last month I would have been confident.

6. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

these were lost points indeed, now it gets interesting the next couple of matches..

7. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

Big win against Inter, Hernanes MOTM was instumental in the first 2 goals and capped off a great evening with a splendid free kick. This team isn't going away and if Zarate can play like he did today we might be here to stay.

8. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

awesome performance, starting to think CL qualification is a real possibility.

9. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk

Gutted....Krasnic...last minute:mad::mad:

10. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

That was a ********ing joke. Plain and simple

11. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

********. Muslera cheated a little bit in the end, and Cavanda was abused more and more as the game went on.

********. :( :mad:

12. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

rough ending, tough match to use the kid Cavanda in....hopefully they learn and move on quickly.

13. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A great win going into the break, but apparently everything is now well in Rome. :(

http://www.football-italia.net/dec19s.html

Zarate did seem annoyed to come off, but I didn't think he acted out that badly. The Gonzalez thing is weird. I was hoping he'd get more time with the first team, but he didn't want to come off the bench, wtf?

14. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

Zarate has turned into a problem, but I'm glad he wanted to stay on the pitch..I just wish he was producing more. I still think there's a decent chance he is sold. Either way a new, direct striker (Almeida?) is coming in...Good for Reja, he's handling this team well.

15. Stinky_Wizzleteats

Stinky_Wizzleteats New Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

Do we need Almeida? Will he start instead of Floccari? Or will he be a super sub player? Kozak is great in this role. Do we need to sell before we buy Almeida? We are also linked with Samaras( no thanks ) I dont think we need another striker. I think the squad is pretty solid. If Almedia is fine being on the bench for a bit then he can come. But we are playing well and such a huge change in the squad for no reason could mess up the flow.

16. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

those are valid questions. I don't think Rocchi has much left, sadly he's been a good soldier for a long time but it may be over. I think they want one more direct scorer. I think they could sell Foggia/Rocchi in order to fund a new striker or maybe Zarate goes out.

Agreed Samaras is not good enough for Serie A.

17. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Almeida wouldn't start over Floccari. Zarate and Almeida would be altering starting spots. Zarate knows he is a starter regardless of how much of a suck he is. He showed he's still immature when coming off and he knows hes starting next match. Reja deep down does not want him as a starter. He's selfish and unprofessional, something that does not sit well with an old italian coach. Almeida or whoever we sign will come in for Zarate . We absolutly need a striker. Relying on Kozak, sad to say Rocchi and now Zarate is not good. They are not players you can depend on. Now that Mauri is back to his old shit self, its just Hernanes Flcocari running the show. Another striker is a must.

18. Stinky_Wizzleteats

Stinky_Wizzleteats New Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

Remember we held on to Inzaghi for so long. I can remember 2 years ago S. Inzaghi was our super sub. At 85 mins Inzaghi time. Dont get me wrong. I love S. Inzaghi for all he has done for the club. But thats the role Rocchi has now. Are we going to keep him until he is 36 out of loyalty? I think its time for Lazio to change, if we want to push higher we need to be ruthless. Thank the Lazio legends but move them on for the sake of the club and have quality impact players as subs instead of cameo appearances. This is a transfer window that can make or break Lazio this year. And I hope we dont buy Almeida and not make space and be stuck with an unwanted rotation system for the strikers like AC Milan have at the moment (especially since they have now signed Cassano)

19. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

scoreless draw at genoa today to open the 2nd half...I'm curious to see the additions that come in, seeing mixed report on Santa Cruz..

20. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

2011 is not going well at all. :(

21. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well that ended well. Kozak with another late goal.

However I must say that I did not like the passing from Lazio today, it was all over the place. It was not until the 55th minute when we finally got a through ball behind Doria's line. Who delivered that pass? Diakite!!!

We need Zarate and Hernanes to start making these passes. They draw so many defenders and create so much space, but aren't making the passes lately. Zarate especially, I wish I could remove his brain and replace it with someone who can take advantage of those skills.

The biggest positives for me were the defense, Scaloni and Diakite especially, and Kozak. I still think the midfield/strikers needs to wake up.

22. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Obviously I'm pretty disappointed about losing to Roma today. :mad: :(

But I was encouraged by Kozak and what looked to be formation changes today. Kozak looked dangerous playing up top today, and the team looked good playing off of him. I would like to see more formations with two forwards, particularly with one playing centrally. Before today I think we've been playing a three man front line with Mauri, Floccari, and Zarate moving all over with no consistency in the attack. While we didn't score in the run of play today, I felt like the attack was more dangerous than it has been lately.

23. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

After the loss to Bologna I want to replace our entire midfield and get Ziegler in Rome ASAP.

24. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Market has closed and we only get Sculli. Hopefully he is enough, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm absolutely disappointed with our performance in the market. Matri went to Juve on a loan for ********s sake, comparatively we've got nothing. Lotito and Tare really need to pull their heads out of their asses and stop gambling with the team's success. I'm not calling for them to break the bank, but ensuring an appearance in next years Champions league guarantees profit more than a strategy of extreme frugality and inaction. :(

25. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

I'm a bit down on the lack of movement myself...the only good thing tho is the younger guys get a chance to break through.

Kozak certainly made his mark in the weekend win, gets a huge change today at milan...