(2011.01.13) AFC Asian Cup: Syria x Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by shuvy87, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Group B Match 2: Syria vs. Japan

2. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Re: (01.13.11) AFC Asian Cup: Syria vs. Japan [R]

[​IMG]

3. xxiinini

xxiinini Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Im sure some of you remember that brilliant goal scored by Nagatomo against Syria in a friendly, lets hope he can do something similar again

4. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

Syria will be in full confidence. We better be up for it.

5. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Syria had a very good player (don't know who) playing at LM no.18 I think. He was excellent against Saudi Arabia. Group's wide open now.

6. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

So is this game Thursday at 0:35 or Friday at 0:35?

7. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

I'm pretty sure its Friday 0:35 Japan time... I think they messed up in the picture

Edit: the game starts at 1:15 though

8. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Things that need fixing before the next game:

1. Okazaki on for Matsui. Matsui was useless in his time on the pitch I wanted him off from the 15th once it was clear it wasn't his night. Plus Okazaki was the best Japan player on the night.
    2. The Jabulani was great for a Honda FK, maybe he should start to realise that now if he tries them they will swing towards the outside with ANY other ball.
    3. Tadanari needs another chance, he was in some decent positions last game but I think debut overwhelmed him a little and as a result his reaction always seemed about 0.5sec too late.
    4. Zaccheroni needs to sort out the defensive strategy, we were countered on too many times. Spain cut down Germany's countering so we need to figure that out at some point against the lesser teams.
    5. Endo needs to play with a little more urgency, his technique is so good he can wait and wait and not lose the ball, against Asian teams that length of time is ages, against big teams he tends to get on with it and is effectivebut in these situations he's too relaxed and that is starting to ruin our momentum a little too much now.

9. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I'm starting to think that Kagawa and Honda should not be playing at the same time.

They are the types of players that you build teams around and their play styles do not compliment each other. It's better to keep one on the field and use another support player rather than having both.

10. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria

I think he is simply not too effective on the wings. Kagawa will play better if he is positioned just behind a striker.

11. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I think that we need to see the Kagawa that was at Cerezo rather than the Kagawa at BVB.

As I said, both Kagawa and Honda play similar roles. Both are the main focus of the attaking play of the team.

If Kagawa can go back to the way he played at Cerezo as in a more dynamic and direct type of play style. Then I believe that playing Honda and Kagawa at the same time is plausible.

I understand why he changed his play style in Germany, but the defenses he will be playing against are nothing compared to the ones in Germany. I think that he can go back to dribbling much more instead of playing passes.

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

Honestly the problem with Kagawa was more important than that. His positionning was weird, but he also never made the good choice. Sometimes he was playing like he was alone on the pitch, holding the ball during one minute, sometimes he was making ridiculous passes he wouldn't even try in training. He needs to understand where he is, he cannot play lightly.

13. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

In any case I feeling better about the next match

either 2-1 or 1-0 win

14. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria

The next game must be won no matter what and I am confident about this.

I have a feeling that SA - Jordan will end in a tie. If we grab 4 pts we might be able to qualify even if we narrowly lose to Saudi Arabia. (Goal difference).

15. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Thinking about it, how about Honda for Endo's position, Kagawa in Honda's position, and we add someone who is orthodox winger.
    If Honda's actuallly good in DM position (anyone who saw him in CSKA ???), it can be a way to fix 2 problem
    Nah, it's too crazy :rolleyes:

16. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I like that.....and bring in Usami for the wing.

But then after fixing 2 problems you gotta start fixing Honda being all grumpy about being at CM for the JNT.

17. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Honda is NOT good at DM position, period.

18. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Acutally I'm pretty nervous after the display against Jordan. I have a feeling they could fck all this up!! But I hope not of course.

19. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria

-----------Kawashima-------------

--------Yoshida--Konno-----------
    Uchida-------------------Nagatomo
    ----------Hasebe--Honda----------
    Fujimoto-------------------Kagawa
    -------------------------------------
    ---------Maeda----Okazaki-------

I would like to see something like this against Syria but Zac won't probably change the system, he'll just replace Matsui and Maeda with Okazaki and Tadanari.
    I also think that replacing Maeda SO early in the game wasn't the best thing to do, not the best way to help him gain confidence.

20. Horangi

Horangi Member

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    TR de Coatzacoalcos

From Korea v Syria friendly before tournament, all the Korea forum people were pleasantly surprised at Syria. They're a nice little team and no pushover. Good organization on defense and good passing in midfield. They're a little weak on final third and slow but they make up for it with good individual skills. Reminds me of poor man's Iran. They have decent transition from defense to offense and can catch Japan defense off guard.

Japan needs start off strong in beginning and try to score early before Syria bunker down and play for tie. Either that or Japan has to find better form than the first match. Syria beat a pretty good Saudi Arabia team too.

21. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Yeah, This Syria is tough team , they seems to be more dangerous than the team in 96 AC.

Anyway I think Honda and Kagawa can do well together to utilize both their good points(which are different). They talked each other and disscused problem after Jordan game, so hopefully improvement in next game.

22. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I think Honda should be like Gerrard. He is one of the most complete players in our team. He should definitely play alongside Endo. Him and Kagawa cannot co-exist. They're to similar. If not then I dunno. Kagawa is only effective through the middle, and Honda is good from anywhere.

Tadanari should get another shot. He did quite well in his short introduction.

Okazaki for Matsui.

Can someone do me a favor, since I'm gonna be at school tomorrow, to upload the game online or something? PLEASSSSE??

23. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    How can I watch Japan game on net?

Does anyone know a link I can watch Japan vs Syria? I got programs called KeyholeTV and TVUPlayer which show Japanese programs. Anyone know anything about these programs or other ones? Thanks! :)

24. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Re: How can I watch Japan game on net?

google atdhe or myp2p

25. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal

line up?