2010 WPS Preseason Game Thread

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Cville K C, Mar 2, 2010.

1. FreeKicks

FreeKicks New Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Atlanta defeats university of Florida 6-0, goals from Ocampo, Thompson, Hanks(2), Mundy, and Cinalli.

2. SCCL

SCCL Member

Oct 31, 2001
    Interesting; esp. since Riley said Lindsey was the player of the match, and that's what I thought too! Looking forward to seeing the match against the Freedom.

3. FCGoldPrideGM

FCGoldPrideGM New Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Club:
    FC Gold Pride
    For those planning on attending te final FCGP preseason game-
    Just got word today from USF that our preseasopn game this Thurs March 25th has moved from USF to Kezar in SF. Their field is having some issues so it is not up to quality. Game time still 7:30pm - dress warm!

4. FreeKicks

FreeKicks New Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Atlanta 2 Boston 1- the Boston goal was Zimmeck, no idea on Atlanta's.

5. SkyBlueFC_GM

SkyBlueFC_GM New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    In other WPS action - Sky Blue FC defeated the University of Florida tonight 7-0. Goals were scored by - Rosana - 2, Kai - 2, Schoepfer - 2 and Kacey White 1. That closes our Florida trip with 14 goals scored and zero allowed.

6. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GM's - Why are the rosters on the WPS overall and team specific websites hopelessly out of date? Some still list players released weeks ago or players that have been picked up by other teams. The WPS league website even lists Freedom draft choices as being with Sky Blue, players that were released on the Transaction Report.
    It is really hard for a fan to track who is on the final 24 on any team, with all the changes, and follow the development of their favorite teams.
    It would take a web admin about 30 minutes to straighten this out with a set of official roster lists.
    What's the deal here? Does the league even care?

7. SkyBlueFC_GM

SkyBlueFC_GM New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    I can't speak for the league website, but our roster is up to date with our current in camp roster. That will be changed next week when we submit our final 18+4 roster. I think you need to contact the league office and ask - or send an email.

8. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed that you still have 27 players listed. Is this because of Rampone, Asante, and Washington being unable to play for the time being?

Also, Atlanta defeated Boston 2-1, although I know Boston was missing at least Scott and Smith.

Atlanta lineup (according to press release): Whitworth, Robinson, Bishop, McNeill, Sesselmann, Cinalli (Mundy), Yamaguchi, Zerboni, Thompson (Hanks), Ocampo.

Goals by Ocampo and Yamaguchi for Atlanta and Zimmeck for Boston.

Looking at the Atlanta lineup, most of their players were subs last year for other teams. Only McNeill, Robinson, and Cinalli started most of the time. The internationals must be making quite a difference.

Edit: Boston starters (according to twitter): Naeher, Moore, Cox, LePeilbet, Reynolds, Lilly, Osborne, Walsh, Cheney, DiMartino, and Fabiana

Obviously no Scott or Smith. Del Rio did sub in though.

9. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think your team has done one of the best jobs of communicating, and it is appreciated. Keep up the great work, and personally, I hope you win your twitter war.

However, if you look at the league website and the full list, Goebel and Robertson are two examples of players the leagues says are with Sky Blue. That actually does a dis-service to your teams image, as there are conflicting sets of information out there.

And of course Sissi and Brandi are still listed as well.

My post was more of a general observation and asked for more clarity and was not specifically poking at any of your efforts. Us fans are very interested in who the 24 mid-march roster players are and who the final 22 are at the end of the month.

10. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see any Freedom draft picks on the Sky Blue roster. Are you possibly confusing Brittany Taylor (on the roster) with Brittany Tegeler (cut Freedom player)?

11. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scroll through the full league roster list on the league website, don't click on a specific team.
    There are at least 2 on the list I see right now, Goebel and Robertson.

12. StarCityFan

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, yes, that's squirrelly, particularly considering that Goebel is still on the Freedom roster (which is correctly indicated if you click on her name). Yeah, it would be nice if someone could clean that up.

13. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly..thanks, hopefully the other teams check for consistency as well.

14. StarCityFan

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freedom-Independence match at the Soccerplex on Saturday has been rescheduled from 2 pm to 4 pm, according to a Tweet from Mark Washo.

15. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CRS defeat Notre Dame 1-0 off a goal from Julianne Sitch.

Lineup:
    Davis, Weissenhofer, Markgraf, Dalmy, Sitch, Vandenbergh, Klein, Santacaterina, Asllani, Cristiane, Masar

Players that did not play:

Loyden, Engen, Rapinoe, Noguiera, McDonald, Carney, Chapman, Formiga (Not yet arrived), and Dieke(?).

Carney and McDonald still recovering from knee injuries;Loyden, Engen, Rapinoe, and Noguiera out with the National Team. Chapman with the English National Team.

16. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Athletica 3, Mizzou 0. Two goals by Edlund. One by Walter. (Boxx & Solo away on USWNT).

Boston 3, Florida 0. Goals by Del Rio, Igwe, and DiMartino. Lilly, Cox, Cheney, LePeilbet, Scott and Smith did not play (national team duty).

Edit: Boston Starters: Phillips, Igwe, Marquez, Reynolds, Sutton, Hemmings, Angeli, Bogus, Del Rio, Weimer, Zimmeck (per Twitter).

17. Druid Squirrel

Dec 15, 2000
    A hollow tree
    FC Gold Pride 10, USF 0.

Scorers: Yokers (3), Sinclair (2), Milbrett (2), Wilson, Edwards, Dew.

Starters: Cameron; Fountain, Dew, Graczyk, Riley; Edwards, Marta, Yokers; Milbrett, Sinclair, Bosio.

Subs (don't know when or for whom) : Wilson, Bowyer, Cross, Guthrie.

DNP: Tantillo, Chapman.

Missing due to national team callups: Barnhart, Buehler, O'Hara, Abily, Gulbrandsen.

18. SkyBlueFC_GM

SkyBlueFC_GM New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
  19. Tilt

Tilt New Member

Aug 3, 2007
  20. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear DiMartino's name, so did Philadelphia pick her up after Boston released her?

21. StarCityFan

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone named DiMartino definitely came on for Philly in the 54th minute.

Final score, 0-0. Both teams still trying to find their touch.

22. Charbs21

Charbs21 New Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Northern Hemisphere
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah it was Gina DiMartino and I am assuming it was a pretty quick pick up because her number (10) was handwritten on the back of her jersey

23. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks!

I guess we're going to be seeing a lot of that in the next week, with teams adding players that have been dropped by other teams. I'd hate to be occupying one of those last roster spots, sweating it out.

24. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Okay, trying to create a comprehensive list here:
    I tried browsing the different team forums - hopefully I didn't miss anything....