2010 World Cup Ticketing

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by spottedeagle, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    did anyone who were unsuccessful in phase 1 got their tickets NOW from the waiting list of phase 1? Please let me know. I am in waiting list and no news. Just wondering if everyone else are like me.

Thanks.

2. AlexY

AlexY Member

May 3, 2006
    Kaliningrad, Russia
    To pay for your 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ Tickets by Bank / Wire transfer please use the details
    quoted below:
    Beneficiary’s IBAN: ES74 0065 0051 9500 4100 9433
    Beneficiary Name: 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP™ TICKETING (PTY) LIMITED
    Beneficiary Address: SAFA HOUSE, 76 NASREC ROAD, NASREC EXT 3, JOHANNESBURG
    2190, SOUTH AFRICA
    Beneficiary Bank Name: BARCLAYS BANK SA
    Beneficiary’s Bank Address: BARCLAYS BANK, S.A. CTRA.CÁDIZ-MÁLAGA, KM.133
    11310 SOTOGRANDE (SPAIN)
    B.I.C / Swift Code: BARCESMM
    Your ticket request reference: As quoted within your FIFA.com customer account and on communication
    received from the FWCTC.
    Reference for your statement: FWC10 TICKETS
    Please ensure you quote your ticket request reference number otherwise we will not be able to locate your
    payment.
    Thank you.
    Yours sincerely
    2010 FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Centre

3. bravo340

bravo340 Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So, it starts in about 3 hours, correct? I think I read earlier that Mozilla Firefox might be better to use than Explorer?

4. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    The chances are that it won't make any difference what browser you use. But it might be having a second one to hand, just in case you have any sort of trouble with the one you usually use.

Polokwane and Nelspruit, here we come!

5. yessam1277

yessam1277 Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Haiti
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am going after 50 55 today for a total of 7 tickets, have any of you read anywhere if there's going to be a fifa portal like 06 to release tickets and have other fans purchased them?

I don't want to max out at 7 and only to see in phase 3, 4, 5
    61, 62, and 64 Available

6. Nailsea Hammer

Nailsea Hammer New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
  7. sc00ter

sc00ter New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hi,
    I'm confused. If I purchase a TST-7 does the include final tickets, or is it possible Fifa may only offer you say 4 of the 7 tickets?
    What happens if I choose a team that probably won't make it far, yet I have TST-7, will I still be able to go to the final?
    I know this has probably been asked a million times, and I've also looked on FIFA but I'm still confused!!!

8. yoyoyo2k8

yoyoyo2k8 Member

May 4, 2009
    Includes Final! Might get offered TST4 if you said yes to accepting lower category!!!

If you team goes out in R2 lets say, in QF you will follow team that beat your team and it will be that way until the final!

9. sc00ter

sc00ter New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Hello,
    So let's say, I pick USA TST-7 and they don't even make it past the group stage, does that mean all my tickets are done (finished)?

10. yoyoyo2k8

yoyoyo2k8 Member

May 4, 2009
    no

you have tickets all the way to final! you get allocated a new team and you follow them and the same rules apply. when the new team you get allocated gets knocked out, you follow the team that has beat them!!!

11. sc00ter

sc00ter New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Hello,
    So I assume it's difficult to get all 7 tickets for whatever team you choose?

12. yoyoyo2k8

yoyoyo2k8 Member

May 4, 2009
    yep as there are only X amount of tickets they can give for the final!!! so its very difficult ... in the first stage i heard it was a 1 in 300 chance!

13. iancampbell9

iancampbell9 Member

May 10, 2006
    1 in 30

14. ons123

ons123 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Yea, This Problem happened to me too. Man, THey really messed it up and that lottery system sucks!! I couldn't even watch my home team play!!

15. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Which team is that? Spamville?

16. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Anyone have any idea what is going on? I have tracked some of the games that are no longer availalbe (they were there on May 4th but not today) or some of the categories that are no longer available. Does that mean there were just a ton of tickets left including the home country's own team? They also let you apply for TST England 7's which has to be a complete waste of time but I had someone try it for a laugh. A very strange and different process than what I thought it was going to be. One theory I have is they are waiting to process the local paper applications and they are time stamped so they go into the same "first come first served" basket. Or they are increasing the number of TST's available to get some of the tickets sold! Or they just didn't get the phase II site working right.......or they want to brag about how many people applied.........and once you apply for one ticket you can't apply for anymore until that one is processed..........

17. primusux

primusux Member

Mar 17, 2005
    USA
    My hope is that they're increasing the number of TSTs to hand out with, hopefully, weak demand overall. I doubt it though. I think they don't want to show their hand of what is/is not available. This way people just keep applying for random matches and they can fill up the stadiums.

18. Nailsea Hammer

Apr 20, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I've had a look at availability for single games on Monday and today for no other reason that I'm hoping the games will all sell out to increase the chance of FIFA opening a resale window (like in 2006) for the one game I can't go to.

Haven't noticed any change in availability since Monday afternoon.

So bearing in mind the latest FIFA press release (100,000 applications for individual tickets!) I would say it's certain that the availability shown is as it was on Monday and they'll only start processing them once the first paper applications are in. It's possible they are still be sorting out Phase 1 payments.

From the FIFA site:

"During the first eight hours of the Ticketing Second Sales Phase for 2010 FIFA World Cup™ about 185,000 applications were registered (100,000 for Individual Match Tickets, 85,000 for Team Specific Ticket Series).

Applications can be made globally via FIFA.com and for South African residents also at First National Bank (FNB) branches. Approximate 100,000 tickets are made available for this phase, excluding the two semi-finals and the final (matches 61, 62 and 64).

Each applicant can apply for up to four tickets per match and up to seven matches in total. Ticket prices start at USD 20 (ZAR 140). Tickets will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Everyone will be informed within ten working days whether or not her/his application has been successful (fully or partly).

For further information, customers can send an e-mail to enquiries@2010FWCTC.com or fax +41 43222 6800.

To be able to accurately check the applications, proof the addresses as well as payment details the FIFA Ticketing office requires about ten days to confirm the successful purchase of tickets. "

19. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    The availability did change - matches 51, 52, 57, 58 and 59 are no longer available (they were there on Monday). Port Elizabeth seems popular whereas Durban is wide open still. They could be playing games with the ones I just listed because it seems to contradict the statement that FIFA can't process the applications yet. I agree on the portal - they will have it but may not for games that are not sold out - they have to for sold out games otherwise it means empty seats at sold out stadiums. A method to swap would be nice. Maybe they don't show TST's available so as not to encourage people to buy a TST 7 for a poorly supported team just so they can see the latter games and not fill the seats early on.

20. Nailsea Hammer

Apr 20, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    ...but 51 and 52, 57, 58 are available when I go in. 59 is not available but that's the game I've got tickets for (the other games I've got tickets for are also not available...seems to be a theme here!).

I make it that the opening game, plus 13 & 21 in Port Elizabeth were genuinely sold out on Monday. I dont think the availability has been updated since.

What's odd is that they've put in something to stop you picking the same game BUT they havent gone one stage further and taken out all the days that you already have tickets for. Which would actually be the right way of doing it - the way they've done it at the moment is wrong as someone might want to top up their tickets to the maximum number of 4.

21. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    You are right.....it doesn't show availability if you have tickets for that game or that day (but does for that day if you have less than 4). That is why I am missing some games. Strange. The opening game is NOT sold out - they show CAT 1 tickets still being available but that is all. Things will get interesting December 4th.

22. kayoss

kayoss Member

May 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bnei Yehuda Tel Aviv FC
    i posted this in the other thread but this one if far more active so i'll repost it..

you can call 0027831232010 and then insert your ticket application number and it will tell you if u got in or not...
    i did this for phase 1 and it told me about a week before fifa emailed me.

23. Nailsea Hammer

Apr 20, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Your turn to be right USA...game 1 does have tickets. (Because it's greyed out the category selection I thought there were no tickets. It's the only game I've seen like this - all the others with only one of the 3 categories also have the Wheelchair cat going so the box isnt greyed out)

I'm still convinced the avaialbility is not being updated as applications go in...with 100,000 applications some of the games must be full up by now!

24. yessam1277

yessam1277 Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Haiti
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe... because this is exactly what I did just to watch the Final and hopefully the semifinal I dont have ( I have 62)