2010 Stadium Progress PHOTOS

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by emmex, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

Me too!
    If not, hundreds of thousands of us wouldn't have applied for tickets.
    I can't wait!

2. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Loftus in Gauteng Pretoria(Tshwane) is well situated...close by is a very popular hangout known as "hatfield square". It is walking distance from the stadium and a lot of people will watch the games from there and have drinks. Parking your car in that region is also not the worst idea, such as hatfield mall...security is available in most cases.
    I'm not a drinker, but for people who like pubs and so forth, "hatfield" certainly is an option. Restaurants and McDonalds and so forth also in the vicinity...

3. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All the stadia look really good though i would have to say except Rustenburg which seems very poorly thought out.

4. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    how come?
    I thought so myself initially...but i'm getting rather used to it the more i see it...i think it will have a very unique atmosphere...

5. scmcbride21

scmcbride21 New Member

May 9, 2006
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great pics if anymore are available keep posting them. The half filled stadiums seemed to be less of a problem since FIFA started giving away tickets to local volunteers and supporters of South Africa 2010. Soccer City looks cool.

6. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    So, are those stadiums finished? They only looked 50% in those pictures.

7. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    I disagree....a stadium can look very far from done even when technically, its not. Especially when a huge percentage of the work is in lets say, the construction of the foundation and whatnot. Aesthetics such as putting in seats, which visually is 50% of the stadium, takes much less time to complete. So a stadium may look 50% complete without its aesthetics, but is actually 80% complete and so forth.

8. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    I know this may be too early to say...

I know the stadiums are almost done and will look great. But if there is one concern for me thus far, it would be the quality of the pitches. I'd have liked grass to the level of England, almost like greens for golf...but maybe that would be too hard on the knees? I just feel that our pitches are generally very thick, not cut the best and don't seem as perfect as ive seen....

How did the pitches look to you guys who watched the confed cup or games like Chiefs vs. Maritzburg this weekend at the Moses Mabida Stadium?
    It looked better than normal, but not the best. And i would have wanted it to be as good as it could be....

Am i being overly hasty or critical?

9. aggiebones

aggiebones New Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Some of these are sweet. Sure wish I could make it over.